Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Liquid marijuana drops?

• Please log in to reply

Blingster

Blingster

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Quick question for the seasoned veterans.

My wife just got her medical card today. She is not into smoking, but is searching for alternative ways to use her medical marijuana. while she was at her dispensary they offered her some liquid drops to put under her tongue. My wife agreed and they placed this a couple small drops of liquid in her mouth. She said that it tasted like marijuana. After about 15 minutes or so, she got a really bad headache from these drops.. She is now really shying away from mmj because of this experience. Does any one know what these drops were?

Sorry for the noobish question, but my wife and I have not been around pot for quite some time (7 years at least). I have done a lot of research, most of it here on GC. But up until now, I have not heard of a liquid like she described. I do not have my mmj card, so I was not allowed to be there with her. I would like her to give mmj another shot but right now she is suffering from a horrible headache.. Please help!!

FenceWalker

FenceWalker

Old School Stoner

• Gold Member
  • 5,224 posts

Blingster

Blingster

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

The drops are called a tincture and are designed to be used sublingually (under the tongue). I've heard of patients that get too much getting a headache, so maybe reducing the number of drops might help?

The other option (if available at your dispensary) would be a tonic. That would be designed to be put in a drink (such as fruit juice).

Otherwise you have edibles (cannabutter or oil) but trying to judge how much is needed is problematic. From there you have vaporization which is smoking but without the harmful burning of material.

Awesome!

Thanks for the input.My wife said that lady put a couple of drops of two different flavors under her tongue.. so like 4 or so drops.. She didn't say that she got "High" off of the drops, or even a buzz for that matter.. so I'm kinda lost. she did say that she was gonna try an edible hopefully with better results..

She did get some Kush, and some Blue widow.. maybe I can talk her into smoking that. I have also been looking into vapes, but if this is something that she's not gonna stick with, I don't wanna drop a couple hundred bucks on one.

Thanks again!

Blingster

Blingster

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
also + rep to you for helping out:wave:

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

Blingster

Blingster

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

If these "drops" contained artifical flavors she may have been sensitive to the flavors/dyes.

She said that one of them was flavored with something.. I can't remember

How much THC is usually in a tincture?

Could it be the marijuana in the tincture that caused the headache?

sorry for all the questions, but I really am excited for my wife to be trying mmj. She has taken nearly every kind of prescribed pain killer out there.. she does not like walking into a doctors office and only be handed a script and being sent on her way. The mmj is a good way for her to manage her pain, and not use the narcotic pain killers.. I just hope that she can reap the benefits..

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,426 posts
Really recommend a vape, its very easy to control dosage. This video will be helpful

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9luNVYlT_E"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
  • tharedhead likes this

• Registered Upgraded
  • 166 posts

I have also been looking into vapes, but if this is something that she's not gonna stick with, I don't wanna drop a couple hundred bucks on one.

If she likes it, the two of you get a nice vaporizer to use. If not, you get a nice vaporizer to use. I see no downside :)

Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Very Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 11,666 posts
There are recipes for tinctures in my updated "Granny Storm Crow's MMJ reference list". They are (mostly) pretty simple to make. The list is a sticky here at GC in the medical section. Tinctures can also be made with glycerin for those who wish to avoid alcohol. Glycerin tastes sweet, and doesn't burn your mouth like alcohol. You might want to make your own to avoid any impurities like flavorings, etc. You can find glycerin at most health food stores.

About the vaporizer, a Vapor Brother's Hand's free is a good bet. Under $150, quiet, small, and reliable. The ebay "look-alikes" are often junk- get the real thing! Vaporizers are much easier on the lungs than smoking. I have an asthmatic friend who had a lot of trouble smoking her meds. I let her try my VB, and 5 minutes later, we were ordering her one! :D

Granny :wave:

Blingster

Blingster

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

There are recipes for tinctures in my updated "Granny Storm Crow's MMJ reference list". They are (mostly) pretty simple to make. The list is a sticky here at GC in the medical section. Tinctures can also be made with glycerin for those who wish to avoid alcohol. Glycerin tastes sweet, and doesn't burn your mouth like alcohol. You might want to make your own to avoid any impurities like flavorings, etc. You can find glycerin at most health food stores.

About the vaporizer, a Vapor Brother's Hand's free is a good bet. Under $150, quiet, small, and reliable. The ebay "look-alikes" are often junk- get the real thing! Vaporizers are much easier on the lungs than smoking. I have an asthmatic friend who had a lot of trouble smoking her meds. I let her try my VB, and 5 minutes later, we were ordering her one! :D

Granny :wave:

I can't thank you enough for all the great info you have provided.

Thanks for the imput on the vape.. I have asthma as well.. guess I need to pony up and buy one..

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users