Movies that changed your life/perception/views....

Discussion in 'Movies' started by stereomuse, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Forrest gump

2. You know what i realised with that movie,,, he lived a pretty sick life with no drugs, got to meet presidents, drive a boat around, fight and survive a war,,made alot of money in some fruit company "apple",, while his hippy counterpart lived a life of sex drugs and rock and roll,, where did it get her..

3. Waking life

4. Will toke and report back sometime tonight.

Unless the toking makes me forget, in which case I will return... EVENTUALLY!

Some that I can think of right now have already been said previously, however.

5. Stand by me. Greatest. Movie. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Basketball diaries and sleepers. Also 12 years a slave

Sent from building #227

7. Buffalo '66

8. #128 PeacefulToker14, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    The Lorax
    Gasland
    And this movie about an American soldier finds an Indian village and becomes like them and starts living and seeing their ways. It's great cause it was something like he was sent to document them and what they do for the army to kill them but then somehow he ends up living with them it's amazing.

9. Forest Gump (was on tv tonight, yes!)
    Requiem for a Dream
    Amelie
    Y tu mama tambien

10. The Count of Monte Cristo
    The Beach

Im sure theres a few more but cant think of em...

11. Like a lot of people said -

American Beauty, I Heart Huckabees, Forrest Gump, The Pursuit of Happiness, The Fountain, Waking Life, Requiem for a dream, Shawshank Redemption, Godfather

I watched a recent film a while ago with Will Smith and his son, after earth I think? I thought it was really good and has a lot of meaning.

"Find what you love and let it kill you."
    - Charles Bukowski

12. The Holy Mountain

13. Its BOOKS that do it for many, as they cut out many of the important parts of movies these days ....effort to save cash!

14. Yeah I prefer books, one of my fave books is The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, the film just came out and missed the greatest parts out didn't do the book justice at all.

- Charles Bukowski

15. Wow!!! ...The first time Vostok agrees with a female member of GC,

Yes I totally agree, book title after book title

16. definitely Waking Life and Enter The Void :smoking:

17. Huh, we were talkin bout this at work today. Well, my boss was. We were talkin bout Fight Club. Such a great movie. You pick up on so many other things the more you watch it too.

18. #138 UrbanGuerilla64, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    Fight Club
    Into the Wild
    MIB
    Zeitgeist
    Earth 2100

19. I might watch Fight Club for like, the 50th time now :D

- Charles Bukowski