Movies that changed your life/perception/views....

Discussion in 'Movies' started by stereomuse, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Requiem for a dream fucked my mind and left me empty, it was only truly intense when i was trippin'.

V for Vendetta is one of my top favorites though. So much awesome shit. Definitely makes you think.

Burn after reading, hilarious.

2. Cool Hand Luke.

3. I watched that shit blazed one day, it's like Titanic for counter-culture.

4. Into the wild for sure.

5. These movies changed my perceptiopn of the world and, in some cases, my life:

1.) The Basketball Diaries (Heroin's a crazy mistress)
    2.) Into the Wild (takes BALLS to live like that. Wish I had them.)
    3.) Trainspotting (The baby on the ceiling freaked me out.)
    4.) River's Edge (I actually grew up with friends like this. BTW, early lead role for Keanu Reeves.)
    5.) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Wait...what??)
    6.) Doubt (Pursue the truth, no matter where it lies.)
    7.) 7 Years in Tibet (How far would you go for what you believe in?)
    8.) Joe vs The Volcano (Sometimes, we all need to get away.)
    9.) Johnny got his Gun (I wouldn't even want to imagine being like that. AND...Who knew Jason Robards could be in such a great movie?)
    10.) Crash (How do you treat others?)

6. Threads: Nuclear War
    Requiem for a Dream

7. Crash definately changed my views.

As well as Avatar: left me thinking for days.

Blow in a weird way. Made me think more about the consequences of such actions...

8. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

This movie is just awsome! :eek:

9. THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION

If you haven't watched this, for fucks sake go rent it right now.

10. District 9 ftw

^a good insight into modern day racism

11. avatar
    the fisher king
    brazil
    akira
    seven samurai
    spartacus(the original)
    silence of the lambs
    schindlers list
    ...just to name a few

12. just watched into the wild.
    that movie is fucking good.
    american beauty was good too.

really liked them both

13. Donnie Darko, American Beauty, The Notebook, Boondock Saints, Fight club, Youth in revolt

14. Every time I watch Cool Runnings it restores my optimism about life.

15. QFT. I bought the DVD on an impulse when I moved to Sheffield and it really hit me hard. I find it unbelievable that governments are willing to maintain such cataclysmic weapons when they know the likely effects of a nuclear war.

16. The Fountain - very positive movie on death.

17. The Lion King. When Mufasa died? Man, I cried for days. For freaking DAYS! Man, I STILL cry when I hear NAAAAAZ A BENYAAAAAAA!

I'd have to say Avatar....The Last Airbender (I realize it's not a movie but it's going to be in July). Being that I'm a writer and I love storytelling I could not comprehend how a kid's show on nickelodeon could have such an amazingly well conceived and written universe combined with hilarious slapstick comedy and morals and themes that are not just accessible to kids but adults as well. It really is one of the best series on television ever.

X-Files movie was another one. (the first one, Fight the Future). It got me into the television series which introduced me to the existence of fandoms. Through that, I got involved in Harry Potter fandom which kinda changed my life in and of itself. So I also have to say the Harry Potter movies. (I know it sounds lame)

Amelie was a good one too. The visual style of storytelling Jean Pierre uses is so beautiful and unique. it's very moving.

18. -into the wild
    -the color purple
    -the pursuit of happiness
    -seven pounds
    -cast away
    -my dog skip
    -clerks 1 and 2