Movies that changed your life/perception/views....

Discussion in 'Movies' started by stereomuse, Jan 8, 2010.

1. American Beauty
    Waking life

2. I'm new and have no idea how to subscribe to threads. I noticed that it auto subscribes when you leave a post so here I am making useless post so I can check this thread out later. :smoking:

3. The Big Lebowski
    Please tell me everyone loved that movie as much as I did?

4. #24 ballparkmanatee, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
    Its very surreal.
    Some people love it, some people hate it.
    You'll either think its really creepy and deep, or boring and pretentious.
    As for what its about, ehh. It doesn't really have a plot. Theres a plot, but its not really the focus of the movie. Its mainly a lot of imagery and symbolism.
    But the plot is that this guy named Henry is living in a cramped, industrial city (supposedly Philadelphia). He has a girlfriend and she gives birth to some weird ass mutant baby (I've heard that the baby in the film is an aborted cow fetus but thats probably just a myth). The baby is crying nonstop all throughout the night and his girlfriend leaves Henry to take care of the baby alone. And the things that happen from then on are up to how you interpret it.
    Theres very little dialogue, and when there is any its very awkward (on purpose, I assume).
    The entire movie from beginning to end gives you this weird and uncomfortable feeling of dread and thats why most people classify it as a horror movie (there are only two pop-out scares I think). And most of the movie is made up of surreal "WTF?" moments. But like I said some people just don't get it and think the whole thing is boring.
    Sorry, I rambled. :smoking:. I think you should definately check it out, but I can't promise that it'll be your thing.

5. <//-------

This guy did, but I don't know if It changed my perception or views.

For that, check out:

[​IMG]

6. I never changed any views or perceptions of mines either, Its just an awesome fucking movie! :]

7. the pursuit of happiness
    the shawshank redemption
    forest gump

8. It took me a few times to watch it over and over, but i think i've sort of analyzed the plot. Well, you could look at it a hundred different ways, but this is what i've come up with. I think lynch tried to portray how industrialization and mass production is sort of killing our creativity and animal insticts (by the gloomy look of the city, all of the buildings pouring out thick smoke). This is what initially is giving the main character so much anxiety and demented thinking. He then finds out that he is having a child, and the thought of bringing a kid into this doomed world makes him go even further off the deep end. Maybe that's why the reocurring birth of a demon (dinosaur?) like baby is shown. Who knows, i could be completely wrong, but that's sort of what i picked up on.
    A crazy movie none the less, should be seen by everyone

9. I remember when I saw the original Matrix film in the theater I walked out a bit mindfucked, considering the possibility that we all indeed might be in some sort of simulation. Really, how would we know?

10. In addition to my previous contributions: Invictus.

11. Zeitgeist

12. That film contains almost no factual information. Some research on the claims made by it reveal that it makes leaps that are illogical and is based on a lot of simply false information.

As much as I hate organized religion, that film is full of crap.

Just sayin.

13. #34 verbae, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
    Thank you for your input. And to clarify any misconceptions, I didn't actually take the movie literally. It's quips about religion were entertaining, to say the least. But I took from it that there are people out there, brave enough to speak out with regard to those taboo subjects. And that I am not alone, in my search for some kind of truth, in the world?

I believe that if individuals are able to think for themselves, and only take from the video, a sense of empowerment to practice their freedom to think outside of the box; then our nation might be able to move forward in a positive direction.

14. Cabin Fever, aside from making me terrified of flesh eating viruses, don't drink the water.

There was another one recently, but it was an older movie.... hmmmm, damned if i know.

15. Fair enough.

16. movies have shaped my views and percepetions. ive been watching them since i was very small and i basically did nothing but go to school and watch movies for most of my childhood. some examples would be

back to the future
    total recall
    flatliners
    nightmare on elm street 3
    class of 1999
    ghostbusters
    tremors
    the gate
    predator
    friday the 13th IV
    waynes world
    terminator 2
    aliens
    batman
    masters of the universe
    beetlejuice
    rambo
    jaws
    jaws the revenge
    jaws 3 3d
    house 2: the 2nd story
    inner space
    pet sematary
    flight of the navigator
    the legend of bille jean
    little shop of horrors
    heavyweights
    ferris buellers day off
    revenge of the nerds
    police academy

these are just a few of the films that made me the basket case i am today.

17. Fight Club
    Waking Life
    Pulp Fiction
    Trainspotting

18. Kids
    A clockwork orange
    THE DREAMERS
    Gummo
    The union

19. subscribed.
    input soon, wen i'll be smokin again