Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seasoned stoners what's one thing you still do that's noobish

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by virgilwoods, Jan 4, 2010.

1. breaking it up with your fingers is oldskool bro... grinders are newbish, jk they come in handy, but i prefir to roll a blunt/joint with hand broken up weed lol (that doesnt sound like a legit sentence but im stoned :smoking:)

2. Ok, to start it off, using a grinder or not using a grinder changes NOTHING about whether you are a seasoned toker, or a complete noob. I don't know if its 'cause I'm from canada, but the coldness in certain months just makes your fingers too cold and numb to bit it up with your fingers. Scissors & Shot Glass or using a Grinder is pretty much essential unless you're inside. For everyone who was stating that they were really bad at rolling joints, practice makes perfect. Just learn to roll with a card in the beginning until you get the idea. (Always use filters) Don't get me wrong, I love glass - but look at Marley, alllways smoking joints. ALWAYS. Very convenient.

Back on topic, the thing I still do that I would consider noobish is not inhale...

(lol dont worry I'm joking)

:smoking:Stay high all

3. I still don't know how to roll a nice joint and I'll still make some homemade bongs and such when I get bored of the pieces that I have.

4. I just think that lack of a grinder is one of the things that keeps me personally from truly being a seasoned smoker.

I can't imagine all the kief I could have collected in the last few months, would have made a lot of nice goodies :D

That and I've only smoked out of glass three times in my life, but that's because I usually smoke when I'm on the move or outside the home. Luckily for me I can handle it; my Introducer (The person who first smoked me up and introduced me to marijuana) was a good friend who taught me the ropes.

5. Shit, if its your bud who cares if their pissed? And if its their bud, why aren't they loading their on bowl lol? Whenever I'm loading in a dark car while driving I sometimes spill a little bit on my lap, but I just grab it and load it.

6. i still cough like a motherfuck after every single bong rip i take. i think its because i have the worst smokers cough, and asthma so when i throw weed into the mix i guess my throat/lungs go a little overboard.

7. I've never even tried to roll a blunt. Not like I don't have the herb or anything, and I've smoked plenty, I've just never actually fucked with rolling one (I can roll jays well though)

8. Ya its more oldschool I would think

9. I cannot roll a blunt to save my life. I can roll joints just fine, but for some reason, I just cannot for the life of me roll a blunt. Also, sometimes I can't roll joints that well if someone's watching. I guess I get self conscious about it for some reason idk. Not all the time, but sometimes.

10. i only used glass like twice i dont know if its noobish or juss a preference

11. Calling random people up in my cell phone directory because I feel like chatting w/ somebody. But I end up getting chewed out instead. (not in a good way).

12. i can't roll a blunt to save my life :(

I mean, if I wanna smoke a blunt, I can take care of it but it will look terrible.

13. same thing, i can just buy pre rolled joints at a coffeeshop if i want one. usually i just use a bong or vape.

14. I refuse to use a grinder, to me its a weapon. No grinders keep it natural, but yeah it doesnt mean your a "noob"

15. Hah, I buy by the 1/2 and I just throw mine in a coffee grinder. How's that for lazy?

BTW, a burr coffee grinder set on its coarsest setting is friggin fantastic for grindin your bud.

P.S. I can't roll for shit either. Always just carried a piece.

16. Don't know if this is noobish but each and everytimei smoke, no matter if its Al Green or Bobby Brown (heard this line in a SPM song again just now when I was in my car haha) I cough like a bitch. I think that's just how my lungs are, owell.

Also, still can't roll a blunt (i can roll a perfect joint/spliff though) but smoke them with friends almost every single night (personally I like spliffs; easier to stay lit plus less cough plus I can smoke in traffic and no one thinks otherwise)

17. #37 wokeandboke, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010
    I still cough a lot, usually the first few hits I take. Probably from too much smoking of everything though.. Some people look at me weird from time to time.

I guess they assume I am awesome at holding in hits or something...:cool:

Edit: I find it weird so many people in the seasoned section cannot roll. It is actually really simple, if you bought a bag and took out some pot, got some papers or a wrap, and tried. It would happen.

Even better, have someone walk you through it. Just my 2 cents

18. #38 xaviere, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010
    I'm pretty newbish when it comes to rolling jays/spliffs, even though I'm proud of my hand rolling skeelz. For the looongest time (the past 16 years, heh), I thought I'd rolled a winning spliff or jay if it was tight as hell, and indistinguishable from a cigarette. To me, that was the pinnacle of joint creation.

A friend who smokes spliffs constantly showed me his technique, which was like a fucking revelation to me: first, it's loosely rolled. More importantly is the composition, fat and bud-heavy at the distal end, with more tobacco at the proximal end (the end that goes in your mouth).

Say it with me, "DUH, Xav!" Yes, my fellow Blades, THIS was a revelation to me.

Heh. And he showed me how you throw a spliff together in seconds. I was always sloooow and meticulous in rolling; no more.

And I'll second/third/whatever the motion that spliffs are the perfect on-the-go method of smoking. Tobacco helps with structural stability and kind of masks smells, and a mostly-tobacco roach means you can just toss it and not feel guilty (well, I still feel guilty as shit throwing lighted cigs/spliffs out the window, littering AND a fire hazard, at least a hand rolled spliff doesn't have a bullshit filter that won't decompose I guess). But when I'm not in my home state, I know I have to be extra careful, my MMJ card won't protect me if I'm not in my state. So even though I feel guilty ditching spliffs on the road, I figure it's better than keeping them in the ashtray.

EDIT: Also, I find my n00b revelation extra-hilarious since my avatar is Tank Girl with a spliff hanging out of her mouth.

19. noobisly sometimes I push my pipescreen too far down, and when the heat hits it, it expands + springs my weed up in the air.

20. it takes me forever to pack bowls and smoke. not that i don't know how, it takes maybe 15 seconds to pack and smoke a bowl; but i'll get side tracked and start doing something, then remember to pack the bowl, then look to see whats going on in the other room, then go get some ice, and blah blah. happens when i'm sober or high, idk i'm just not in a big rush to smoke most of the time. seems to piss off(not really, but you know) people i'm smoking with though lol