• Jan 01 2010 10:07 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • Bad Intentions
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

I have some schwag and I'd like to make some firecrackers, I have the organic PB and crackers, yet I have no tin foil (Couldn't find it at my grocery store). Most places have said to heat the oven at 320 for around 20 mins. Will having no tin foil affect my firecrackers? Have you ever made them without tin foil? -Thanks
Replies (11)

• dylanfan12
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:11 PM

Couldn't find tin foil at a grocery store? Seems pretty common at most of the ones I've been to but I would suggest finding some because without it the peanut butter will ooze out the sides of the cracker and make a mess of your oven. Not sure what you could use as a replacement.

• PipPip
  • Bad Intentions
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:19 PM

Couldn't find tin foil at a grocery store? Seems pretty common at most of the ones I've been to but I would suggest finding some because without it the peanut butter will ooze out the sides of the cracker and make a mess of your oven. Not sure what you could use as a replacement.

Yeah I've seen it at the grocery store all the time, but this time it was out of stock or something.
I have one of those cookie sheets and parchment paper so I'm not really concerned with the mess, I'm just wondering if it'll affect the potency of the firecracker. I have aluminum foil but I heard that's bad.

I don't have access to a car right now and the grocery store is pretty damn far, I think I'm gonna try it out, I got plenty left anyways.

• PipPipPip
  • reset
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:01 AM

Use the aluminum foil?

• Be Consistent

• Chris0817
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:26 AM

Yeah I've seen it at the grocery store all the time, but this time it was out of stock or something.
I have one of those cookie sheets and parchment paper so I'm not really concerned with the mess, I'm just wondering if it'll affect the potency of the firecracker. I have aluminum foil but I heard that's bad.

I don't have access to a car right now and the grocery store is pretty damn far, I think I'm gonna try it out, I got plenty left anyways.

Its only bad when you smoke out of it, not when you bake with it :cool:

Go with the aluminum :wave:

• Intoxicated Gamer

• Got Milk
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:38 AM

Tin foil... Isnt that Aluminium foil anyway?

I always called aluminium foil, tin foil..

• Be Consistent

• Chris0817
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:08 AM

Tin foil... Isnt that Aluminium foil anyway?

I always called aluminium foil, tin foil..

Well nowadays they seem to be synonymous with one another, but just to

clarify: "Tin foil is much stiffer than aluminium foil. It tends to give a slight tin

taste to the food wrapped in it, which is one major reason it has largely been

supplanted by aluminium and other materials for wrapping food."

-Wikipedia

• N0r3mac
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 485 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

I never knew they were different...

• The Roller

• Dbert
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

Due to running out of foil, I left 3 of them uncovered just to test.

I smoked a jay and ate one of these around 10 AM, its 3 now, and im still buzzing. So these firecrackers are definately working without being covered. Just make sure that the peanut butter isn't gonna leak out, as it will stick to the pan.

• Anotha down under

• Blazed Bacon
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

Well duh they are different. Sn (tin) is one element, Al (Aluminum) is another. But people often call aluminum foil tin foil. I've never seen actual tin (Sn) foil in a store.

• Yark!

• BlowJay
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 313 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

Cookies are so much easier than firecrackers. Just buy some English Bay cookie dough. Rub it up with some bud, and place it on a cookie tray. Doesn't even smell either.

• The ether was wearing off

• Barely Insane
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

I have some schwag and I'd like to make some firecrackers, I have the organic PB and crackers, yet I have no tin foil (Couldn't find it at my grocery store). Most places have said to heat the oven at 320 for around 20 mins. Will having no tin foil affect my firecrackers? Have you ever made them without tin foil? -Thanks

A replacement for tin foil would be grease-proof paper. I think cling film and newspaper also works but i can't be positive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved