Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

CFL vs T5s and FLORESCENT TUBE LIGHTING

• Please log in to reply

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

reform first-legalze latr

• Bronze Member
  • 1,491 posts

Txweedwoman

Txweedwoman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 503 posts

I hear ya "sister" all cool right?

Always,brother,always :D

Still miss 'school' though :(

Everyone ok?Send my 'good karma' to the class for me:wave:

And understand completely ' You Wish' ROFLMAO:laughing:!

Txweedwoman

Txweedwoman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 503 posts

as for all lamps they all lose intensity . or the wouldnt say they all lose intensity after a few months to a year. its ( all math aside ) how you get the light where it needs to be and the simplist way i see this post is that cfl does a better job for the space he has for TOTAL COVERAGE OF THE PLANT not just on top of the cannopy like a t5. i dont know how this is all blown out. lol

Just had to jump in too didn't ya.Jigg:D

Love my CFLs - White Widows are pushing 3' tall under 'em & wouldn't trade them for the world + only added $15-20 a month on electric bill for 2000 watts (reg - 486 CFL) on 18/6 so I aint gonna fight that:)

Toledo FJ

Toledo FJ

• Registered Upgraded
  • 475 posts

There's no "trolling" going on here. There is you, claiming untrue things about T5s. And then there is me, posting facts. T5s decrease in output like any lamp, but they retain their output the best out of any common grow light technology. There is no possible debate; T5s have a better lifespan than CFLs, and retain their output better over their life.

I really have no idea what you're even talking about with the 45 degree angle thing. You can't deliver light at an angle with intensity? That doesn't even make sense in any way. And nothing about my T5 fixture is 45 degrees.

Dude, don't bother. Seriously, the guy just found out what the inverse square law is after "25 years in the know". Just leave it alone. He is going to believe what he wants to believe. After all, he has 25 years in the know. ;)

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

• Bronze Member
  • 1,491 posts

Edited by jiggaboojones, 11 June 2010 - 09:58 PM.

guerilla45

guerilla45

The G-netic link

• Gold Member
  • 8,013 posts

Txweedwoman

Txweedwoman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 503 posts
Wait'll ya see what my 'babies' will give me w/CFLs:D

And I don't even PH or nothing - just organics,right Kelvins & basic plant knowledge can grow anything:)

fuktheDEA

fuktheDEA

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
lumens really dont mean anything when growing its all about color temperature(kelvins). 2200k-2700k optimal for flowering and 5500k-6500k optimal for vegging. Lumens just refers to how bright it is to the human eye the plants just absorb the color of the light. Also like always the more watts the better.

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

• Bronze Member
  • 1,491 posts

Txweedwoman

Txweedwoman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 503 posts

you need to make sure about your ph texy . it has to be within range or you will get big problems. make sure you water with no less than 6.2 or higher than 7.0 ... you will regret not prepareing with a tester. the plants will lock out and basicaly stop growing then die if they cant eat properly without have n the range at 6.5 to 7.0

Tell that to my 2" long blackberry & 1 -1/2 lb Beefsteak tomatoes still green on the vine (wwill include pics 4 u:)

1 & only time I gave them full strength tea they got nute burn! Follow the pics & see if I'm doing alright.

Here they are :)

Any help on sexing the 1 in close ups would be greatly apperciated - got hairs on the other 4 & don't want 1 bad 'boy' to ruin my girls :(
http://forum.grassci...ry.php?cat=2858

Thank you very much,Jigg:)

Edited by Txweedwoman, 13 June 2010 - 03:34 AM.

Txweedwoman

Txweedwoman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 503 posts
Oh & I do have testers & test about once a week for grins - never been higher than 6.8 & that was w/the full strength nute tea!

Txweedwoman

Txweedwoman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 503 posts
Old lady needs help w/lights and when you need advice it's best to ask the best for help! CFLs and Barney's LSD do a hell of a grow (about 1-1/2 ozs of buds per plants :-) but think I can do better....just need to know what to do to get my system better! Doing 2 Barney's LSD and 2 Female C99s (been waiting to try this 1! If 1/2 as good as the LSD I'll be happy woman ;-) and any help from the 'gorilla' ;-) of grows would be appreciated! Hope you,yours and your business is doing well and have missed the City...old stoners never go away ..we just kinda fade in and out :-)

lil22

lil22

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i'm using a 100 w cfl and an addtional 42 w cfl and will let you know how my results go. I've actually gotten over and ounce per plant usiing just 3 42 w cfls and the strain was sour diesel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users