• Dec 29 2009 08:21 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• tucansam420
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:21 PM

i have two quick questions -
first of all, i live in CA and am a medical marijuana patient.

i came across some 'trim' to make some hash. i used bubble bags and did one cycle and made crappy hash. i want to make honey oil now. the trim is still wet, can i use that to make the oil or does it have to be dry? second, can i use hash instead of trim or buds in the process to make oil?

thanks
Replies (6)

• phire420
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:24 PM

hey, it sounds like you are trying to do a BHO (butane hash oil extraction). lots of info on the procedure here, search away! :hello:

• tucansam420
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

i know someone who is trying to do BHO. but he need to know two things.

1. can my crappy has be replaced with bud/trim in the BHO process?
2. can my trim be wet during the BHO process? or does it have to be dry?

• Banned

• IGotTheCottons
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 18,947 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

Freeze the trim before making the oil. You can use: Buds, Trim, Kief, or Hash to make oil with. If you use buds, break 'em up a just a little bit before freezing them (if you want better quality). If you want more yield (but with less quality), grind them up before freezing.

As far as I know you can use wet trim... It's best to freeze it, though. Freezing will make the trichomes come off easier. :D

• tucansam420
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

Freeze the trim before making the oil. You can use: Buds, Trim, Kief, or Hash to make oil with. If you use buds, break 'em up a just a little bit before freezing them (if you want better quality). If you want more yield (but with less quality), grind them up before freezing.

As far as I know you can use wet trim... It's best to freeze it, though. Freezing will make the trichomes come off easier. :D

if i dont freeze it but run it through the butane three or so times will this extract more or will i have to freeze it for them all/most of them to come off?

Edited by tucansam420, 29 December 2009 - 09:03 PM.

• i throw away pennies

• pmb6967
  • Gold Member
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

if i dont freeze it but run it through the butane three or so times will this extract more or will i have to freeze it for them all/most of them to come off?

Depending on how long you wait in between runs the bud will be frozen already. Thats why I don't see the point in freezing the bud prior.

If your going to be doing more than one run I suggest separating each run so that you have different grades of BHO.

• tucansam420
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:51 PM

thank you pmb.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved