Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

question about honey oil

• Please log in to reply

tucansam420

tucansam420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 227 posts
i have two quick questions -
first of all, i live in CA and am a medical marijuana patient.

i came across some 'trim' to make some hash. i used bubble bags and did one cycle and made crappy hash. i want to make honey oil now. the trim is still wet, can i use that to make the oil or does it have to be dry? second, can i use hash instead of trim or buds in the process to make oil?

thanks

phire420

phire420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,379 posts
hey, it sounds like you are trying to do a BHO (butane hash oil extraction). lots of info on the procedure here, search away! :hello:

tucansam420

tucansam420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 227 posts
i know someone who is trying to do BHO. but he need to know two things.

1. can my crappy has be replaced with bud/trim in the BHO process?
2. can my trim be wet during the BHO process? or does it have to be dry?

IGotTheCottons

IGotTheCottons

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 18,947 posts
Freeze the trim before making the oil. You can use: Buds, Trim, Kief, or Hash to make oil with. If you use buds, break 'em up a just a little bit before freezing them (if you want better quality). If you want more yield (but with less quality), grind them up before freezing.

As far as I know you can use wet trim... It's best to freeze it, though. Freezing will make the trichomes come off easier. :D

tucansam420

tucansam420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 227 posts

Freeze the trim before making the oil. You can use: Buds, Trim, Kief, or Hash to make oil with. If you use buds, break 'em up a just a little bit before freezing them (if you want better quality). If you want more yield (but with less quality), grind them up before freezing.

As far as I know you can use wet trim... It's best to freeze it, though. Freezing will make the trichomes come off easier. :D

if i dont freeze it but run it through the butane three or so times will this extract more or will i have to freeze it for them all/most of them to come off?

Edited by tucansam420, 29 December 2009 - 09:03 PM.

pmb6967

pmb6967

i throw away pennies

• Gold Member
  • 1,344 posts

tucansam420

tucansam420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 227 posts
thank you pmb.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users