Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using a Smoking Schedule to keep Tolerance Low

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by darkstone, Dec 28, 2009.

1. I cut down to the weekends, but even then I ask myself, "Do you really need to smoke or are you just getting high for the sake of getting high?" and I can then go for another week or so. I'll always keep a stash with me, though and it's done wonders for my tolerance.

2. I don't really plan out when I smoke, but my tolerance has been pretty mid level for a long time now. At one point I couldn't even feel anything from weed at all when I was smoking every day for a few months.

Just make sure to get good sleep, drink water, and get some exercise and those things will probably keep your tolerance in check. Especially on a day to day basis.

3. Need to lower my tolerence again. Been smoking every day for almost 3 year. Havnt had a toke break in a year.
    I went from 3-5 hits a day to a hit at night, then everyother day. Now back to everyday 3-5 times a day. 90% of the time its gravity bong hits.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. This doesnt need to be that complicated in my opinion haha. Just smoke only 4-5 times a day and then wait like 12-16 hours and sleep and just wait to smoke a bowl until lunch the next day

5. Just don't smoke like a fucking rastafari man, that's all there is to it.

6. #26 3DSkunk, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
    I'm almost certain that when you think you've built up enough physical tolerance to feel high, it has much more to do with psychological tolerance. You just get used to the affects so that even though you are high, it just feels normal. I've struggled a lot thinking it was my physical tolerance but then I always get blasted when I wake-n-bake. It takes about 4 weeks for the receptors to go back to normal but how can I feel so much higher after not smoking for just 5 hours? But then I realized that I'm constantly smoking every awakening moment and I kept on asking myself, "am I high? how does it feel to be high?" if the amount of absorption of concentration of THC is nearly constant, that affects will be nearly constant. When do you feel normal? When something is constant. Switching up methods of smoking helps me going every waking moment. Vary the affects and your mind will realize the difference much better. (Smoke bowls until you feel like you don't get high anymore, hit up the bong for awhile, and when your mind adjusts to that affect, change it up to a vape, etc.)

Big tip to get you blasted when you feel like you just don't get high: once in awhile, take a slow deep breath and exhale everything a few times and after completely emptying out your lungs, take a monster hit until you can't inhale anymore. That's going to significantly increase the concentration of THC that is absorbed at a time and rocket you to the moon.

7. Would be interesting to hear the long term results. My tolerance is super low and hope to keep it that way by smoking only in the weekend (incl Fridays) and during holidays.
    Although I get a very good functional high with one hit, higher doses don' t give me the cevs anymore which I had the first times. Maybe I should try a gravity bong to get them back

8. This thread is super old lol

9. I recently put a cap on the amount I smoke. I let myself smoke one bowl/joint/blunt per day and then 3 vapor bowls.

10. this is a good thread about this topic: http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/770735-how-pick-perfect-length-tolerance-break.html and i think the conclusion is that the cannabinoid receptors shut down after a while, so they need a while to reset. 

as is always the case with everything, everyone is different. i'd like to know what the differences are, and how can the receptors be quickly healed and turned back on. so let's hope someone is doing some research on that now.

11. I really really need to make a schedule of some sort. My daily 1-2 grams a day isn't going to work. I need to start making an 1/8th last a week and not 3 days. I like to smoke throughtout the day all day, i may just start smoking one session at night before bed. Or 2. At least this would be a step to lowering my tolerance.