Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ive discoverd the best way to get resin out of a pipe

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by modern-hippy, Dec 20, 2004.

1. It doesn't matter, as long as all the metal is submerged. I have done it with a metal pipe.

2. Just tried the microwave method on my glass bowl and it worked wonders. It's a pretty easy way to clean your bowl, better than alcohol/salt method. Boiled it for about 4mins, in 1min intervals. It's really neat seeing all the resin just bubble up out of my piece. I didn't worry about it shattering because my piece is made of Pyrex (the material they use for say, your Mom's baking/tupperware dishes. Anywho, once it was done, I took a strainer and placed two coffee filters in it and drained all the water (almost tempted to drink the water as it turned brown like resin...mmmm...tea?) and then I placed the coffee filters in the freezer to fasten the drying time.

Beware - It does stink up the place a bit. Nothing major, but if you are a person that has to hide their smoking activities then do this when nobody is home and leave the microwave open for a bit.

Go ahead, give it a shot!

3. This thread deserves a bump for those who haven't seen it yet... ;)

4. #64 Inforit, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
    might want to check into what heat does to some glass. sorry for any rain :eek:

microwaves can get water hotter than 212*. next time i clean the VG glass i'll be soaking it in vodka then using the vodka

5. I've Done This For Many Years. (Boil My Glass Bowl) WORKES AMAZING For Those Who Have Not Done This!

Granted, If You Keep It In there For To Long, And Your Pipe Was Cheap And A Piece Of Crap..... IT WILL BREAK!

But Yeah, After All the Resin Is Out, I Just Strain The Hot Tea With A Coffee Filter. Thats Where Why You Want To Use AS LEAST AMOUNT OF WATER AS POSSIBLE! ( Stronger Tea )

So now I Have The PILE Of Resin Drying On The Coffee Filter, My Tea in The Fridge Cooling Down For Me To Make Kool-Aid Out Of, A Clean Bowl, And Ryzom Is Done Downloading. =D

Later! =P

6. So how long until someone tries this with a metal pipe?

7. :smoking::smoking::hello:

8. Super easy way is blow it out using an air compressor blow nossle or an air can and catch the resin in a paper towel or old tshirt

9. great stuff dude I used a coffee filter to pour the water into after it boiled great way man saves me hours of sitting here with papper clips

10. Swim just did it with 2 drops of warm water worked like charm hold flame pretty far away tho

11. I just need to find a bowl that will fit my pipe...