Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

ive discoverd the best way to get resin out of a pipe

• Please log in to reply

modern-hippy

modern-hippy

I Will find you one day.

• Old School
  • 1,167 posts
ok so i just discoverd the best way to clean your glass pipes. I took a glass cup and put my pipe in it. then filled it with water and stck it in the microwave. after a few minutes the water started to boil and all the resin started floating out. then carefully poured out most of the water and used a spoon to scoop out the resin which is now being set out to dry. its about a joints worth of sticky blackness!

EDIT : put a bowl or something under the cup or else the water will boil and bubble out and you'll get nasty resin water all over your microwave. oh yeah.... and your microwave will smell for a while, but if you leave the door open it will go away in like an hour
  • thedeadwalkk likes this

nosemonster

nosemonster

Cook it!

• Old School
  • 2,280 posts
hey i just did that its pretty cool thanks man

pot head

pot head

stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 287 posts
Good idea I just cleaned out my pipe but next time I need to clean it I will try that.

Del420

Del420

Confused Stoner?

• Old School
  • 1,084 posts
I do that on the stove.. Be careful! Make sure you don't forget about your piece!... :D

AestheticQ

AestheticQ

• Registered Upgraded
  • 148 posts
LOL! Hey, that's a good idea!, but who remembers my blow touch method? I would think I might be better to just heat the piece until it starts to smoke with a blow touch.... or a lighter.... Heat your piece until it smokes then take the draws from it... that always got me pretty high when I don't have any weed... Pretty good high, but short high though. I would think though, if you are that desperate.... it may contain alot of tar.... Hate to bust on the fun, but heath is wealth.

boarderbob

boarderbob

boarderbob

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
i just bought a glass pipe today i'm gunna smoke it so much and when time i'll try that sounds awesome

Whos Ska

Whos Ska

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 248 posts
2 questions:

1) how long did you put it in for?

2) did it completly clean the pipe?

ggrevamp

ggrevamp

• Registered Upgraded
  • 102 posts
isopropyl alcohol/pipe cleaners never fancied resin myself:confused: I got fast ,safe ,results. Ho-Ho- or HOOT-HOOT . Posted Image lol radio

///maniac

///maniac

is f*ckin' crazy...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 170 posts
sweet i just tried this on my spoon and it worked great. however when i did my sherlock a huge clump of resin got clogged in the top of it. i had to do it twice to get it clean.

keep up the good work

sirseedymcseed

sirseedymcseed

certified bud expert

• Old School
  • 1,139 posts
isn't that bad for the glass?

ineedit

ineedit

StYlEs P

• Registered Upgraded
  • 161 posts
nice

Kid A

Kid A

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
just remember if your pipe is still hot dont poor cool water over it or itll shatter...i learned that after my 5th testtube

slowhand

slowhand

woke up sucking a lemon

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
I think putting in a pot and boiling it on the stove is better... you can move the pipe around with tongs so that all of the resin comes out.

For all of you that live with your parents, be wary. Doing this stinks up the place like all hell.

TheTick

TheTick

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Honstly, the best way to perfectly clean your bowl like new and get a nice big resin ball out of it is to use acetone. It cleans almost instantaneously, and evaporates quickly for easy resin collection. You can find it at any hardware store, probably in the paint thinner/solvents section. Just a little advice from a Chem major :D

~The Tick

Opivy

Opivy

Nova Police

• Old School
  • 4,771 posts
using rubbing alcohol would be much safer in lots of ways. acitone just has lots of gross stuff in it that i wouldnt want in my pipe

TheTick

TheTick

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Bah, Acetone may be slightly cancerous, but it's no worse than what you find in cigarettes. Plus it evaporates immediately, leaving behind no trace of the acetone after a couple minutes (acetone being simple methylethyl ketone.... nothing more, nothing less). We used it in my orgo labs all the time. It's perfect for any organic grime you may need to clean up :) Fun shit... works perfect

~The Tick

Ars moriendi

Ars moriendi

Hermione's Slave

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,725 posts

using rubbing alcohol would be much safer in lots of ways. acitone just has lots of gross stuff in it that i wouldnt want in my pipe

Exactly...

91% rubbing alcohol is as safe as you can get..I swear by it. You're losing it if you think acetone is safe...

One can be rubbed on skin without any irritation...the other chemically burns flesh..
One evaporates leaving behind 9% of it's original content...simple h2o... the other needs to be rinsed.

Acetone is however a good way to leech pure honey out of already processed oil....

I think I've made my choice tho chem major... :P

AestheticQ

AestheticQ

• Registered Upgraded
  • 148 posts

Honstly, the best way to perfectly clean your bowl like new and get a nice big resin ball out of it is to use acetone. It cleans almost instantaneously, and evaporates quickly for easy resin collection. You can find it at any hardware store, probably in the paint thinner/solvents section. Just a little advice from a Chem major :D

~The Tick

That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Why? Because if you are going to strip your pipe with it & then make the resin into a ball, some of the acetone might get trapped in & not be able to permeate to the surface. I've worked with acetone before & I just wouldn't trust it.

One can be rubbed on skin without any irritation...the other chemically burns flesh..

Yes, as everyone probably knows rubbing alcohol isn't harmful on the skin, but
acetone doesn't burn the skin either. If anything it will just somehow remove all the natural oil off of your skin.

Ars moriendi

Ars moriendi

Hermione's Slave

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,725 posts

That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Why? Because if you are going to strip your pipe with it & then make the resin into a ball, some of the acetone might get trapped in & not be able to permeate to the surface. I've worked with acetone before & I just wouldn't trust it.

Yes, as everyone probably knows rubbing alcohol isn't harmful on the skin, but
acetone doesn't burn the skin either. If anything it will just somehow remove all the natural oil off of your skin.

Some with super soft skin actually get nuked around the area they're removing nail polish from... so it depends on person.

Rubbing alcohol is like mary jane...I've yet to hear of any problems with it outside idiots cooking themselves trying to play fire eater.

Dude with the spoon... rubbing alcohol... 91% best 99c to a 1.50 you'll ever spend. Juts fill the spoon with a tiny bit cover the carb an mouth piece an shake like all hell. Taping a bit of paper towel over the bowl is optional....as is adding salt to remove gunk even faster. No smell no fuss no muss....

stonedandboned

stonedandboned

irrefutable muthafucka

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
I used to clean my peahitterr with nail polish that had acetone in it. It works really well, but that cant be healthy.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)