Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Evolution vs creation, what if dont believe either?

• Please log in to reply

Novek

Novek

Casual stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 938 posts
When ever people ask me which I believe, I always say I don't believe in either, then they proceed to ask, "well don't you want to know how we got here?", I just flat out say "NO, I could care less, all that matters is that I'm here now"

Does anyone not believe in evolution or creation, and doesn't even care to know? Sometimes I think I'm odd because I don't care about either.

purplenuggets

purplenuggets

Let me ride

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,370 posts
Really, it has to be one or the other. Either it happened naturally... or someone made it happen. I personally believe the former, but you're absolutely right; it doesn't have that much to do with the present. But, for me, it is important to answer these questions for moral/philosophical reasons that influence the way in which I see the world.

Emblazened

Emblazened

Back to chill

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,068 posts
Evolution did it.

Honestly man, the fact that you don't care or aren't interested is pretty lame, things like this are cool to think about and make decisions on.

I'd rather you disagree entirely with me than have no opinion at all as knowledge is the ultimate thing we're here to seek and the brain is the ultimate product of the universe.

FaaipDeOiad

FaaipDeOiad

Now Entering Cyberia

• Registered Upgraded
  • 910 posts
Nah dude thats not odd, maybe uncommon, and some might give you shit and say your burying your head in the sand...but i think your stance is quite wise.

I've always been of the mind that its pretentious to think we KNOW anything at all...infact, the only thing i claim to know is that i DONT know anything at all..i mean think of all the things we used to know, and all the new things we know today that contradict those things we used to know.

The truth is relative, based on perspective, so trust what your grey matter tells you its as reliable as anything anyone else could tell you.

we're all here now and thats all that matters, thats a very "live in the moment" way of looking at it all...i like it man!

AbluntAday

AbluntAday

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 560 posts
Evolution is completely obvious, i mean look at our ancestors chimps, apes, monkeys all have the starting of the advanced brain we have. Plus the similarities in bone structure, appearance...theres no denying it, and i didn't even research it i imiagine if i researched evolutionary biology i would be 100% sure of it like richard dawkins

that doesnt mean im atheist though, i still like to believe in a god but creation is just out of the question

Floyd Pepper

Floyd Pepper

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,976 posts
Yeah man were just the product of retarded frogs buttfucking anyway.

Freakish

Freakish

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,236 posts

When ever people ask me which I believe, I always say I don't believe in either, then they proceed to ask, "well don't you want to know how we got here?", I just flat out say "NO, I could care less, all that matters is that I'm here now"

Does anyone not believe in evolution or creation, and doesn't even care to know? Sometimes I think I'm odd because I don't care about either.

This applies to every person about everything, it's what makes us different people. Different people care about different things.

korey

korey

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,883 posts

Posted Image

White Smoke

White Smoke

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,593 posts

Yeah man were just the product of retarded frogs buttfucking anyway.

LMFAO nice. South Park
Posted Image

Zr-01stamg

Zr-01stamg

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 6,524 posts
Honestly i think they are both one in the same. It says in the bible god's seven days could have been thousands of years for us and they order of different things showing up pretty much follows evolution also. dark to light to day and night to an earth to water to clouds to trees to fish to land animals to birds see what i mean? o well i don't think we will ever know who's right and who really cares?

korey

korey

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,883 posts

LMFAO nice. South Park
Posted Image

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8asQkegV_wk]YouTube - Evolution Explained: South Park Exposes Stupidity Of Creationists[/ame]

J. Watson

J. Watson

• Registered Upgraded
  • 842 posts

Posted Image

THANK YOU!
definitely a pet peeve of mine
image saved for future use

and of course if anything really is possible then we may have just popped into existence one evening after tea and biscuits

weedasaurus

weedasaurus

herbivore

• Registered Upgraded
  • 498 posts
:laughing:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_nqySMvkcw]YouTube - Stupid Design[/ame]

Rotawee

Rotawee

double perculator

• Gold Member
  • 4,321 posts

AshTRE

AshTRE

Perspectivist

• Registered Upgraded
  • 900 posts
For the love of science (lol),

please quit the assumptions that "believing" in science/evolution is a "LEAP OF FAITH".

Hah, as if science knew anything of faith.

Posted Image

aero18

aero18

Secularist

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,570 posts
If you don't care for either then I can say you don't care much for learning. If you happened to care for creationism, then I would say the same thing.

Evolution is one of the most fascinating observations that any living creature has ever realized about itself and the workings of the cosmos. To pass it off as just a measly hypothesis shows the extent of the lack of your intellectual vivacity.

Edited by aero18, 21 December 2009 - 02:01 AM.

Rotawee

Rotawee

double perculator

• Gold Member
  • 4,321 posts

King Willie

King Willie

Aw sheeit

• Bronze Member
  • 7,194 posts

Brassman27

Brassman27

PermastoneD

• Gold Member
  • 404 posts

Novek

Novek

Casual stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 938 posts

A question for Novek

If you were confronted by someone claiming they knew which was right either creation or evolution and they actually did know the right answer, would you still not care to find out? even if it meant you would know the truth when others surely do not?

I still wouldn't care to find out. Knowing the answer wouldn't change my life in anyway. I would still have to go to work, pay bills and go about my day to day life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users