why is everyone so afraid of death??

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Stoogemeister, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Death ain't shit boy. I fight, and when you fight, to truely be the best fighter you can be, you have to be willing to die. You have to embrace it, get past it and realize that it's just another obstacle. Some make it, some don't.

2. #42 philan, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    Well I think the only way we're gonna know for sure is we all become flatliners. Whos gonna kill me,and whos gonna give me CPR ?

You guys do funny dances around the room, and I'll try to tell you after you bring me back, what you were doing from my minds eye. And how cool would it be to say you tripped balls while you were dead one time...neat.

Near death experiences..

You got your usual two views:
    One its just a neuro-chemical hallucination after all brain activity has it's final push.
    Granted most of the time people trip like crazy here right (damn i can't wait) but every so often you get some cool cases. There was a lady who had an aneurysm and was clinically dead in the hospital as they proceeded to remove all the blood from her brain to do whatever they were gonna do to fix her. Well, no brain activity whatsoever was occuring, and she had an out of body experience. When she came back to, she could tell the doctors things about the procedures they were doing that only someone with a consciousness could do, because she saw it happening. Her case was a big deal and gave some theories into consciousness quite possibly is not an object of the mind after all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pam_Reynolds_(singer)

What do you guys think?

So how do you guys view the NDE stuff?

3. I don't think this question can be answered by any of us, cause we're all sill here and I'm sure most of us here are...well afraid to die, whether that be because of leaving loved ones behind, or fear of pain, or just in a sense feeling like you 'lost.' The funny thing about death is that it's one of those few things that we can't come back from and be like, "bro, that was fucking sick, you need to go die so you can see the shit I saw." IT makes me mad sometimes because I wanna know what happens, but at the same time I'm not ready to leave what life I've managed to build here. Kinda goes hand in hand with the whole suicide thing too.

4. I'm not really afraid, just not ready. One day I'll be ready to pass on, but right now I'm content with my life.

I have found a rare thing and i want to enjoy it for as long as possible. :D

5. :D That had me laughin pretty good, thanks

6. qft right there

7. im afraid of death because i am afraid i will not be able to live life. i am not afraid of death, i am afraid of loss of life. i hope this makes sense when i sober up.