I can't believe it's a grow journal!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Lionel Hutz, Dec 13, 2009.

1. I hope so. I got a good hook up for cheap equipment, the MH were just because the dude had already bought them for something else. But in the future if I can grow enough to make some money, I want to switch to HPS, or maybe just add/modify my growroom.

Yeah, i'm so pumped to try the TW. When we got the clones, we smoked a little, but the dude was out of his main stash so were were just smoking roaches. Plus this is my first harvest so I'm looking forward to the satisfaction of growin my own shit and not having to dish out money for chronic.

2. #22 niamert, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
    You should get HPS conversion bulbs for your MH light units. HPS bulbs put out a lot more red light, which plants use for flowering. Plus HPS bulb are more efficient. A 400w HPS bulb puts out more light than a 400w MH.

Your plants look nice and healthy. Should get some DANK!!

3. Looks great bro, nice and simple. But seems your running into heat issues.. Those 400w MH's don't look like traditional grow lights, they disperse all of thier heat right into your room torward your plants.. not the best, especially for a small room like yours. Something like High Tech Garden Supply allows you to run ducting through the light and takes the heat right out of your room, allowing you to lower the lights considerably, thus giving your plants more lumens.. aka more bud. Also solving your heat problems! Just a thought, looks great bro.

Just started my grow journal =D If you have a chance check it out http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-...a-grow-2nd-outdoor-grow-pictures-updates.html

4. The only thing is I think you need different ballasts for HPS lights. And it would take time and/or money to convert the lights I have now or buy new ones. Maybe in the future though.

5. one ounce will get you enough for an hps ballast and bulb, 400-600w. so if you get enough off your plants, a couple ounces, maybe several ounces! just get rid of one and bam! hps is on the way ;D

i'm startying with the hps and going to save for an mh. maybe another 400w?:smoke:

:cool:that's a lot of light. but i think it would be worth it for the next grow, you know?

6. #26 niamert, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
    You can get conversion bulbs for your MH system. They are HPS bulbs that screw into and run off of MH ballasts. Each one is around $50-$80. A lot cheaper then buying a new system. All you have to do is unscrew your current bulb and screw in a new bulb. It's something to consider for next time.

400w mh to hps conversion bulb - Google Product Search

What kind of lights do you have Lionel? I've been thinking about getting a 400W Sun System 2 HPS.

7. 18/6 station plants really taking off!

Darrel's new pics 182.jpg
    Darrel's new pics 184.jpg
    Darrel's new pics 186.jpg

Attached Files:

8. that's the exact light i have, great system:hello:

9. #29 Lionel Hutz, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2010
    Update! Made some slight modifications to the grow room. Basically just some plywood supported by plastic buckets.

Currently have 2 Trainwreck and 2 GDP 6 weeks into flowering.

3 Hindu Skunk 2 weeks into flowering

2 Blue Dream, 3 ATF, 2 GDP, 2 Trainwreck all 1 week into flowering.

Darrel's new pics 191.jpg
    Darrel's new pics 194.jpg
    Darrel's new pics 200.jpg
    Darrel's new pics 212.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Another kickass update!

3rd Generation clones are in the Veg station!

Darrel's new pics 202.jpg
    Darrel's new pics 204.jpg
    Darrel's new pics 206.jpg
    Darrel's new pics 207.jpg

Attached Files:

11. The picture of the plant late in flowering looks like it has some signs of heat stress. An oscillating fan could help eliminate heat problems, as well as supplying the plants with fresh air.

12. I was worried about that. I'm still waiting on my goddamn carbon filter system to get shipped to me. I guess I could get some cheap fans in the meantime...

13. Sunday mornin pics :) :

Clones are comin along NICELY
    Darrel's new pics 192.jpg
    Darrel's new pics 207.jpg

Gettin some buds from ATF:
    Darrel's new pics 204.jpg

All 4 Hindu skunk are budding nicely
    Darrel's new pics 201.jpg

Attached Files:

14. great looking buds. great grow man, good work. hope mine turn out just as profitable:cool:

15. Looking good over here! Keep up the great work. :hello::hello:

16. Thanks guys :)

My first harvest is coming soon! Will definitely have more pics so stay tuned :)

17. 1st harvest pics!

Darrel's new pics 211.jpg
    Darrel's new pics 212.jpg

Decided to make some cannabutter with the trimmings :)
    Darrel's new pics 219.jpg

Got a new fan installed in my grow room:
    Darrel's new pics 234.jpg

2nd generation Trainwreck and GDP clones are really taking off!
    Darrel's new pics 229.jpg

Attached Files:

18. yay! my flo is set to harvest in about 20-30 days :D i never thought i would have a plant! lol. smokleing some dank now. how much did you get?:smoking:

19. Looking good bro, congrats on the dank harvest! :smoke:

20. Not real sure. I cut 3 plants (gonna cut the last fully mature Trainwreck in a few days) and I'm hoping to get a few ounces. Kinda sucks though because they did experience some heat stress/damage.

I'll definitely get some picks of the shit when it's dried and cured in a few days.