Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Powerlifting

• Please log in to reply

crunchtime13

crunchtime13

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
any other powerlifters out there?? i just got back into it as of right now my best lifts are 225 squat 135 bench and a 315 deadlift at 140lbs

Similar Topics: Powerlifting     x

firewall1

firewall1

• Registered Upgraded
  • 568 posts
i dont powerlift specifically.

but last time i checked

squat-350
bench-130
deadlift-245

at-165pounds

ScrillaVilla

ScrillaVilla

Cannabliss that Cannabis

• Registered Upgraded
  • 380 posts
I don't know my max's right now, but I recently did 70 diamond pushups in a row.

prankz24

prankz24

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
bench - 205
squat - 365
power clean - 165
i forgot my deadlift, i dont do em as much anymore
im 5'8 155lbs

Natedogg7734

Natedogg7734

Loves Greens

• Registered Upgraded
  • 292 posts
135 bench, come on now ;)

Brendo84

Brendo84

• Registered Upgraded
  • 111 posts
lol, nice try firewall. 350 pound squat and 130 pound bench? Google image search "parallel squat". At the bottom of the lift your thighs should be at a 90* angle to your calves.

I'm not a powerlifter but

Bench: 225
Squat: 305
Deadlift: 350

At 165 pounds.

crunchtime13

crunchtime13

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

135 bench, come on now ;)

yeah i know i know man. im built to deadlift, long arms n shit, not so much benchin but its gettin better

Natedogg7734

Natedogg7734

Loves Greens

• Registered Upgraded
  • 292 posts
Bra, I'm not hating just do what you do. I reccomend monster mass, protein and creatine!

ScrillaVilla

ScrillaVilla

Cannabliss that Cannabis

• Registered Upgraded
  • 380 posts

yeah i know i know man. im built to deadlift, long arms n shit, not so much benchin but its gettin better

I have longs arms to, have you tried incline bench? I find it better for us long arm folks.

MJ_Expert

MJ_Expert

~OxyHydroGen~

• Registered Upgraded
  • 212 posts
Wtf, how are you guys deadlifts so high? and bench so low?

I'm 140lbs

Squat - Idk
Bench - 180lbs
Deadlift - Never went over 150lbs but I usually do that in sets of 5 with 10-15 reps and 1 minute breaks

Papageorgio

Papageorgio

IputadollarinIgotacar!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,598 posts
we had a weightlifting program in middle school. it was basically the same thing as our high school weights program but not as intense.

in 7th grade my max on bench was 70
in 8th grade it was 130 (135 on decline, 120 on incline).

quite an improvement eh? i was a butterball in 7th grade and i guess puberty struck in 8th, lol. i didn't lift weights in high school because i was taking other classes, and the sports i played (soccer/track) didn't require any weightlifting (even though i think they should've...).

i'm 21 now and i've been going to the gym recently. i don't know any of my max's because i don't have a spotter. but hopefully i'm getting stronger! i can feel it already just after a couple of weeks.

crunchtime13

crunchtime13

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Bra, I'm not hating just do what you do. I reccomend monster mass, protein and creatine!

fasho i hear ya i didnt take it as you were hatin

I have longs arms to, have you tried incline bench? I find it better for us long arm folks.

yeah inclines will really help your bench. if you do like 5-6 weeks strictly incline your flat bench will go up 10-20lbs probably more easy

greenmeany

greenmeany

is of a ^ conciousness

• Gold Member
  • 1,323 posts

INRIhab

INRIhab

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
I've never tried any single rep max. Squat - 250 for 5, Bench - 205 for 5, Deadlift - 330 for 8. I'm 5'10" 185 lbs.

ScrillaVilla

ScrillaVilla

Cannabliss that Cannabis

• Registered Upgraded
  • 380 posts

I'm 140lbs

Squat - Idk
Bench - 180lbs
Deadlift - Never went over 150lbs but I usually do that in sets of 5 with 10-15 reps and 1 minute breaks

You bench more than you deadlift? Dude start deadlifting now. now. now.

NaKz

NaKz

Returning some videotapes

• Registered Upgraded
  • 740 posts
I have mixed power lifting routines into my schedule many times.

My favorite would have been the Westside Barbell routine.

My current lifts are:

Bench: 350

Squat: 450

Deadlift: 500

5'10 200 lbs

I'm pretty surprised and glad to see many peoples squat/deadlift numbers higher than their bench......we don't need more bench jockeys in the world haha.

secool

secool

• Registered Upgraded
  • 974 posts
Check it

Squat-315
Bench-245
Deadlift-365

5'7 165lbs

INRIhab

INRIhab

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

I'm 140lbs

Squat - Idk
Bench - 180lbs

wait, so you do 5 sets of deadlifts, 10-15 reps per set, or did I misunderstand?

sciknen

sciknen

• Registered Upgraded
  • 168 posts
A few years back when i was actually in good shape still playing football

6'3 265

bench- 275 (never my strong point, always struggled with it because i never did it)
squat- 465 (bench squat) i like to pause at the bottom. I found it harder
clean- 290ish
deadlift-something like 500
leg press- over 1000

I stopped doing the dead-lift because i had back problems and never did it correctly so i didn't want to risk it. Stupid lift anyways..

I used to love doing rows with dumbells..

I'm at like 325 now, but i can still move and run.Everyone things im like 250-260. Just joined a gym. Hopefully get down to 265 270 and then imma join the Navy.. be a combat medic. we will see how it goes though

What you should do is make sure you get the lift down. Bench is easy, keep your feet on the ground.

Squat if you can't keep your back straight your just going to hurt yourself. Push through your hips like your fucking a girl

Cleans same thing explode with your hips like your banging a girl. A good way to learn is to jump a little bit

Deadlift is stupid.. I like the reverse grip though

Snatchs are awesome too. Almost same lift as a clean except its over your head but same body motion.

So you know.. The big numbers don't make you the best athlete.. Some of the people who put up massive numbers can't run a lap.. Keep it all in check with each other..

I like to do circuit traning. I mostly use barbells quick switch from one exercise to another with no rest. Rest when youve done a set of each exercise. Gets the heart pumping

Edited by sciknen, 05 January 2010 - 03:33 AM.

crunchtime13

crunchtime13

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I stopped doing the dead-lift because i had back problems and never did it correctly so i didn't want to risk it. Stupid lift anyways..

Deadlift is stupid.. I like the reverse grip though

why because you cant do it right? its the only full bodylift out there and a true test of strength. remember the meet dont start till the bar hits the floor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users