Jump to content

Moldy Bong

  • by Guest_BluntStyle_*
  • Dec 10 2009 09:32 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • Please log in to reply
  • Guest_BluntStyle_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:32 AM


Edited by BluntStyle, 22 June 2014 - 11:40 PM.

Replies (8)

Similar Topics: Moldy Bong     x

  • .-- . . -..

  • janedough
  • Old School
  • 54,700 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:35 AM

From the picture, it just looks like normal resin build up.
Even if you change your water all the time, the smoke is still going to build up resin above the water line, and that's how it'll end up looking.

I can't see any white in the picture, can you actually see white stuff looking down through the tube, or does it just look white from the outside? :confused:

If there was mold in there, I wouldn't freak yourself out too much over it. Just keep an eye on your lungs and make sure you don't notice any breathing problems. ;)

Either way, it's a good idea to give your bong a nice iso wash or something similar on a regular basis, so you don't have to worry about these kinds of things. :P

  • SmoknChronicW/Nostradamus

  • 42ยบ
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 9,780 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for the reply. The white mold ring is just above the brown ring, and when I looked down in it yes I saw some white stuff down through the tubes (it's kind of a weird spiral type bong). I'll do what you said, I'm sure I would have noticed a symptom by now if something was wrong. But yeah, I'm like 99% sure the upper ring is mold and I'm like 60% sure the upper tubes part had some white mold in it. I'll definitely be smoking out of my spoon tonight.

If you still can't see the white mold, its above the blue ring of the bong.

dude, just clean it. iso alcohol and salt. my acrylic had that too from leaving the water in it forever and never using it. i took it apart and scrubbed that bitch down./

  • #75 gonna rape Eli

  • sandwichman
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

resin doesnt seem like something that gets moldy
but maybe it could. use iso and salt

  • Guest_RAZORsharp_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:29 PM

doesnt look like mold man. Probably all the hard tap water you fll your bong with has dried some of the chemicals on the upper part when clearing?

Just give it a good wash with some 91% rubbing alcohol and some uncooked rice/salt

  • Registered User

  • musD
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

iso 99% or 91% and some salt will do the job, leave it there for a while if need be.

  • Chock Full of True Grit

  • Mastertokes2.0
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:22 AM

Thats why you should keep your bong clean kids, so you don't have to worry about it forming mold.

  • .-- . . -..

  • janedough
  • Old School
  • 54,700 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

Just for sharing experience purposes...

I did have one piece get moldy once. I accidentally left the water in it and let it sit in the cabinet for far, far too long.

It got mold on the very bottom inside the water.

The mold was extremely hard to get off compared to the resin. I mean, I had to soak and shake (with salt) the thing like 4+ times before I even made a dent in the mold part. The resin was all gone by that point.

Most likely, it's just resin build-up (which is what it looks like) and maybe some calcium deposits or something. So if you clean it using iso+salt, it'll come off in a few washes. There may be some small chunks left over, but it should for the most part be sparkly clean after that. Mold would be a different story, I would think from my experience.

I really don't think you have much to worry about in the way of mold.
I'm no doctor, and I haven't seen your bong in person so I can't say whether there's mold or not. But if you're feeling fine and experiencing no symptoms regarding your breathing, then I wouldn't worry too much. :P

  • tumbleweeds tumblin

  • thewarden
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:35 AM

get isopropyl alcohol and salt.
clean it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users