Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Does weed food get less potent?

• Please log in to reply

Hugo Chavez

Hugo Chavez

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I was wondering if anything edible with thc in it get less potent after time? Like would weed cookies get less potent after like a couple months of not eating them. I know theyd be stale but what about not getting your as high?

Kevin08

Kevin08

Lion Conquerer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 6,009 posts
Well if you freeze them they shouldn't lose much potency, but i assume the longer they go uneaten, the lesser an effect they will have.

Thurk

Thurk

I have candy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 446 posts
I don't see how you could manage to NOT eat weed cookies for a couple of months of knowing they're around.

that shit would be gone if it were me.

Either way, yes they probably lose some thc with the absorption of oxygen over time.

Hugo Chavez

Hugo Chavez

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
So if the food was sealed up air tight then do you think that it would stay just as potent?

Limewillis

Limewillis

MMM cheese :)

• Registered Upgraded
  • 405 posts

So if the food was sealed up air tight then do you think that it would stay just as potent?

I think over time any from of THC or another is going to degrade to simple age.
Whenever you cook with it, it bonds to fat or alcohol molecules, this alone degrades it, and facilitates further degradation just with the passing of time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users