Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed food get less potent?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Hugo Chavez, Dec 8, 2009.

1. I was wondering if anything edible with thc in it get less potent after time? Like would weed cookies get less potent after like a couple months of not eating them. I know theyd be stale but what about not getting your as high?

2. Well if you freeze them they shouldn't lose much potency, but i assume the longer they go uneaten, the lesser an effect they will have.

3. I don't see how you could manage to NOT eat weed cookies for a couple of months of knowing they're around.

that shit would be gone if it were me.

Either way, yes they probably lose some thc with the absorption of oxygen over time.

4. So if the food was sealed up air tight then do you think that it would stay just as potent?

5. I think over time any from of THC or another is going to degrade to simple age.
    Whenever you cook with it, it bonds to fat or alcohol molecules, this alone degrades it, and facilitates further degradation just with the passing of time.