The REASON why so many stoners are vegetarian?

Discussion in 'General' started by XtraSpezial, Dec 6, 2009.

1. whats are you donating to when you donate to PETA? Out of 100 of them 6 of them are actually saved

2. actually, they do not hate meat, they are omnivorous, they eat meat, just dont actively hunt, but have been known to scavenge, as well as most other primates, and even participate in infanticide...they kill other tribes' infants, and will eat them, so will chimps, orangutans...

actually, we have teeth that can chew and tear, for both plant matter and meat, and that is exactly why we dont eat raw meat any more(in general here, some people/families/cultures still do), wild animals can do it because they have different digestive enzymes to help with bad bacteria and parasites....but if just about every one in your family has liked rare meat, chances are, not only will you as well, but will have better enzymes in your digestive track from being in that environment since before birth

actually that number is less...check the siggy man

;)

3. The only vegetarians I know personally are doing it because it's the hip thing to do.

4. For my 69th post:

Weed get attention
    Veggies get attention
    Double the attention

/Thread

5. In junior high, there was a table in the cafeteria where a group of vegetarians sat. One day, I got four baskets of buffalo chicken bites, sat down at their table mid-conversation and started mowing it all down. I was a huge ass hole back then, but I still laugh at it from time to time. Not saying I would do it again or anything. xD

All I want when I get high is meat. Taco meat, spaghetti meat, steak, pork chops, roast beef. My absolute FAVORITE meal when blazed is a nice big fat steak with a light pink center, lobster tails dipped in melted butter, and a baked potato. I hate the thought of eating lettuce etc when I'm high and hungry. But some people just don't like eating meat, and these days I respect that.

6. out of the dozens of stoners I know, I think maybe 2 are vegetarians... not vegans, vegetarians.. meaning they'll nom on pizza and french fries with me no problem.

And I can understand why people are vegetarians. Just watch a video of a slaughterhouse and how the animals are treated.... I must say its hard for me to be a meat-eater, but my doctor told me i need "animal protein"... got sick when i tried to be a veg.

7. #47 skittlette, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009
    not disagreeing with you that slaughterhouses are horrible, so then just dont eat meat from them, if you know any beef or pork farms that are in your area, you may be able to strike a deal with the farmer...
    when i was little, my grandpa (on my father's side *r.i.p.*) owned a cattle farm, and my father used to :and still does: hunt, so i was raised on unprocessed meat. for one thing it tastes a million times better than store bought, and in most cases can be worth the extra cost...most small butchers only deal with these kinda of farms as well when they have overflow...so you may want to check them out as well ;)

8. You can't justify breeding animals [giving them life] just to kill them. They are sentient beings just like us

9. I will probably never go back to eating meat. Even if I wanted to, I would get sick from my first meal. Kind of a sign that's it's not right and your body disagrees with it. When I first made the switch, I went from eating meat pretty much 3 meals a day everyday. I even did a test. I went veg for 30 days and then ate meat. I had some chicken from Whole Foods. I had bad stomach aches all night and had diarrhea. That right there sealed the deal for me.

But I don't care what other people do. It's their lives, eat whatever the hell you want.

10. Donate to peta? I never said anything about PETA and if it's in the video, sorry. I didnt watch it. And I can 100% say there is nothing wrong with choosing to eat no meat. If you think there is, then you should probably stop smoking too. lol

11. Im pretty sure I have seen documentaries with chimps killing and eating other baby chimps. There own and from other males, if they are our closest living relatives who gives a fuck what animals do.

Archeology shows humans have eaten meat when they can since they evolved

12. Wut? "many new age people who are vegetarian and smoke pot also drink their own pee"? Who are these people? Can you name one?

I have never, ever heard of this, and I am a proud vegetarian marijuana smoker.

13. Well you know that I love a good glass of urine after eating a tempeh sandwich! :rolleyes:

14. I've been vegetarian, boder line vegan for about six years now. I've been smoking pot for three of those years. I'm not militant nor preachy. I understand that people eat meat, and it doesn't bother me. Most of my family hunts, and it doesn't bother me either. It's just a personal decision I've made, and I like to keep it that way. I don't like to sit on a high horse and tell people about how my decision is better than theirs. It effects only me. That is why I can't stand people who bash on vegetarians and vegans. So long as we aren't bothering you, you shouldn't be bothered by us. It's common sense, but some people just have too hard of a time accepting things that are different, I suppose.
    I became vegetarian for a couple of reasons:
    Growing up, I never really cared for meat. It didn't taste all that great to me, I'd always try to find other meals to eat. I've always been really caring and compassionate towards animals, I don't like seeing them suffer or be harmed. Also, I like the healthier aspects of it as well. I don't get sick too often, and I generally feel pretty great. When I ate meat, I was more susceptible to viruses and didn't always feel too good on a daily basis. Being vegetarian has helped keep me at a decent weight, and given me the ease of mind I want.

15. Why can't people accept the fact that some people's digestive systems work better without meat?

ANYONE who preaches is evil. Be it Christians, Vegans, Straight Edgers, or even STONERS who feel that people who don't smoke are squares. If you try and force your viewpoints on people, you suck. End of story.

16. Fuck ya! Me too!

Btw, did you know that more THC is excreted in your shit? No joke. I read its like 80% or something. Not sure if it true or not. Don't quote me on that...sorry hella high :smoke::bongin:

17. I think I might have been talking about rastas and those indian hindu types who make 'bhang' out of herb.

They're usually vegetarian. And some of those hindus drink cow pee too.

I don't know, I was pretty baked when I made this thread.

Oh and just for the record, I'm not making fun of vegetarians here, I think vegetariansim is a very humbling concept. I've tried it before, but I never last. I always end up eating chicken or a donner kebab at some point during the weak. Maybe it's cause I haven't found a tasty enough vegetarian substitute.

But the main reason why I don't switch actually, is cause I started going to the gym quite regularly and want to build muscle. It's deifinately harder to do without meat or eggs in your diet, it's not just protein were talking about here either, there are a whole host of bioavailable nutrients which can only be found in meat.

18. Vegetarianism is easier for some than others. Even though I've never been a big fan of meat, it was still hard to make the transfer over. A lot of vegetarian/vegan foods/substitutes didn't look/smell appetizing. They were an acquired taste. However, since I've been at it so long now, it all tastes delicious to me and I can't imagine my life without it.

It is most definitely harder for vegetarians and vegans to do any sort of body building. Though not impossible. A lot of them actually use Hemp protein powders and other hemp products as well. It is amazing actually. If you are interested in making the switch and still wanting to build muscle, this is a site I'd recommend. I'll link their nutrition page. It has all sorts of diets for the casual trainer to the most intense trainers. I wouldn't mind getting more toned myself, but can't afford a gym membership right now, so I've been just doing a lot of research for when I can. Though I have to warn you, a lot of the products you'll see listed run quite expensive. It gets pricey to get on these diets. So if you're on a budget, I'd definitely keep eating meat and building yourself that way. Oh, and this is an all vegan page. However, a simple google search will get you vegetarian building options.:cool:
    Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

19. Bhang is not urine :confused:

20. #60 Johny420, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009
    There are certain psychedelics (amnita muscaria,) where in ritual a shaman would eat a bunch of them, and his urine would get the masses high. I believe there are certain other mushrooms/psychedelics as well that pass in the urine. Personally I think it's absolutely revolting. But each to their own ;)

I am not a vegetarian but I don't eat THAT much meat. I eat like 80% fruits and 15% veggies/leafy greens, and 5% or less of meat products like chicken, turkey, fish, and anything local organic. Stoner or no stoner, health is just a choice. I have actually not met that many vegetarians who were in it for health benefit, it seems to usually be a moral thing.

I have however spent some time without eating meat, a period of about 3 months. That comment about lifting being harder on a veggie diet is bull crap. I do heavy lifting all the time, I'm only 120 pounds and I can easily lift over 350lbs dirt. The veggie diet does not make lifting harder. Protein is in raw nuts, vegetables, and fruits contain practically every known nutrient. Protein's in meat are MUCH harder to digest, so less is digested and more turns into toxins that the body has to work very hard to expell. Having had my liver fail at a young age and nearly dying, I have learned a lot about diet. I had to.