I Am Changed

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ThePhantom, Dec 5, 2009.

1. For lack of a better title, all I can say is I Am Changed, and I will describe what this means in this thread. I will start from the beginning. Just a note, this is long, but if you bear with me and read this through to the end, you will be happy you did. I promise. I realized when I was trying to write a shorter version of this that it cannot be shortened, and if somebody does not want to read it all, they are willingly forgoing the meaning of our lives.

A few days ago, I traded some of my weed for shrooms. It was about 1.5 grams to 2 grams. Tonight, I ate them at around 7:30PM, and I smoked some cannabis at about 8:00PM. I got back to my dorm room, and stared at the floor for a good bit enjoying the craziest visuals I have ever seen. Even now, the words on this screen are transforming to a small degree.

What matters is next. I climbed up onto my bed, brought my laptop, and watched some cool stuff. That was awesome, but then, I started to think, and I mean shroom think. I had been doing this for a good while, but now I really started to focus. I thought about how I was sitting there, how I had just enjoyed the programming on my laptop, how I felt warm and cozy from sitting in a lofted bed. I thought about all the people who had worked to design and transfer these products to me, and I thought about the kindness exchanged while these people were working.

Then, I thought about a day when my friend and I were smoking in his room. We were quite high, and it was a sunny day. Outside, a postal worker arrived to drop off the mail, and somebody came out of his home to talk to that postal worker. They had a conversation for about twenty minutes, and they had no idea that my friend and I were observing, and we were quite high. Their conversation was kind, friendly. In the course of the postal worker's work, he had a kind conversation with another person.

This brought me to thinking about things I had seen relating to kindness. The first is something I read about three rules: Be kind, be kind, be kind (this led to me, right now, searching for this on Google, finding the Be Kind, Rewind clip of Robocop, and watching it). Then there was something that said, "My religion is to be kind". What does this really mean? Someone can say it, but to truly live it, to truly be kind to every one, that is what matters.

So I thought about what matters. If we all work hard, be kind to each other while working, then we can live happily. When you are happy, nothing else matters except that moment. This can be achieved through working hard and being kind, and being kind is inherently good.

Because of people working hard, I was able to lie in my bed, warm and comfy, truly happy. That is all that matters, and that is what I will fight for until I die. I advise you all to do the same.

2. Now is the only reality... intention its only measure... to be kind, loving, caring, understanding its highest state.

-Peace

3. That's definitely a good outlook on life to have. I too had a similar realization, and things don't piss me off or stress me out often, and I never hold grudges. I'm as forgiving as Christ, because face it, people make mistakes and wrong others, your only hurting yourself by holding grudges, that anger towards them inside of you isn't bothering them, it's bothering you, no one likes to have negative emotions, and anger can cause health problems like high blood pressure and such.

4. It depends what that person did. Minor transgressions should be easily forgiven, but major transgressions must face justice.

5. When you said "this is long", I decided to first just skim your post. Then I came to this line:
    And I knew exactly what this is all about.

I'm encouraging you to keep going. Psylocybe mushrooms and LSD have brought so much to my life. I look around at other animals roaming the world and I think "some of them will never get it". Are some people going to live their entire lives and not wonder about the interaction of basic particles? Do some people honestly live their entire lives earning and collecting 'things'?

The train of thought never stops, and I feel like when I am on psychedelics I am able to deduce situations with the utmost care and logic.

Next time you trip, try some introspection. Think about your character flaws and why they exist. Think about any of the things you are self-conscious about. Watch your dose, because if there are enough skeletons in your closet, your ego might disappear for a while.

I have some other things to say about religion, but I will keep them to myself.

6. Obviously, but after that justice is served theres no reason to hold a grudge unless it's just unforgiveable, such as someone raping and murdering your mother, in which case justice would be to kill that person, eye for an eye.

When we were kids we'd get in stupid little fights all the time. When something bigger happened, such as you were "tattled" on and spanked by your parents(real big right? lol), we would resolve it with a fist fight. We'd fight, both kids would walk away steamed, but in a matter of a day or 2 we were playing football or whatever having fun and being friends again. We never held grudges for longer than a day or 2, cuz if it was worthy of a grudge, it was worthy of wailin on each others face lol. I think this sort of shaped the way I think to the "forgive and forget" mentality. What's done is done, and stressing yourself out being mad isn't going to change anything, if you feel justice is needed, serve it, but then move on and "call it even".

7. Being a dick or to hate someone for no big reason is easy. To let your bad emotions quickly judge others is very easy.

Being kind and avoiding judging people is a challenge. Its really hard to go just a day trying to be kind. Mad respect to you if you have that patience. If you persist I think it makes the rewards that much fulfilling.

8. This thread, like many threads on this site, makes me wanna explore with psychedelics

9. When I read this, I felt like I was sitting outside of my physical body... I will take this as an advice, its also amazing you wrote this while under the influence of shrooms... +rep

10. Interesting read.

What comes around goes around, eh? :)

11. I know exactly what you mean man. I had some shrooms one day and I was planning on taking all of them, but I ended up giving some to 2 friends because I had tooken about half, and wanted them to experience what I had experienced.

Great post though. I catch myself judging others, and I'm going to try to stop. +rep for your post.

12. Our character flaws are not meant to be overcome by ourselves to build our own character but to be overcome by others who would love us to build there character!

13. I think that if you are kind to everyone, you will naturally start to fix your character flaws. To truly be kind, and for people to respect your kindness, you have to be strong to a certain degree. These past couple days have been great. I've just been thinking about the trip, thinking about what I've come upon, and it is a part of me now. I was not expecting a life changing experience at all with these shrooms, even though I have in previous trials, but it just happened.

14. "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
    Mahatma Ghandi

Humm...

15. That's off modern warfare 2 isn't it?

Just Kidding, good quote.

16. Hell the best friend I ever had started out as an enemy but after we ended up fist fighting we ended up best friends for life we were 8 years old when we got into the fight and now 34 years later he is still the best friend I have ever had god rest his soul. I should mention though that he was killed in a train accident 15 years ago and I still consider him to be my best friend .

Miss you Todd I hope you finally found peace in death as I know your parents made sure you wouldnt in life.

17. Amazing man. As you can tell by my signature, we share the same views.

18. its karma, basically. karma works on us individually, as a group, and also as a civilization, i believe. our fate depends on karma.

its good that you can learn to appreciate what others have done to make our lives enjoyable today. we must work hard and give our future generations the same kind of joy and happiness we were able to experience, maybe even better. perhaps someday someone will appreciate us the same way... but we must WORK for it.

19. #19 Deleted member 245015, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2020
    no changes

20. ^^ Wow, never thaught of it like that before but its true.

And to the OP, shrooms really do expand your mind. I highly recomend trying them to anyone who hasnt. For me its like they unlocked a totally different way of thinking about things. ( a better way, for the mostpart)