Post questions you thought were too stupid to ask

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Volcano South, Dec 4, 2009.

1. What happens when a paradoxical loop is broken?

Example: you go back in time, end up sleeping with a woman, that woman was your mother, you are your own father. Paradox

What I am wondering is: what happens if something is changed and you cannot become your own father.

I have two possible outcomes that I can think of. Possibility 1: by not becoming your own father, you rip a hole in the space time continuum(spelling?) And you end all existence.

Possibility 2: by not committing said act, you create a whole new, entirely separate universe where you never exist.

Possibility 2 has some issues tho. Any thoughts?

2. can you buy a random piece of land anywhere? like your just driving in the middle of no where and see a nice spot and want to buy an acre and build a house, can you? if so who do you call?

Assuming you are in the US:  You notate where that piece of land is. Then you go to the County offices of where that land is, tell them you want to find out who owns it and they will look it up and tell you. Then you contact the owner and make your offer. So you can make an offer on a random piece of land, but that doesn't mean you get to buy it. This is also a service most real estate lawyers offer.

4. How do people buy islands? Is there an island realtor?

Everyones a genius in their own mind

5. How can you tell if home made medibles are real before you buy them?

6. trust

• Like Like x 1
  7. My GF is struggling with her depression right now and she says she wants me to interact with her more so she doesn't feel like I'm ignoring her, but.......it seems that many things I try to do to comfort her backfire and she'll say stop or pull away or react in a way i wasn't hoping for. I feel like I have to walk a tight rope that balances being a bit distant for my own well being and then being close enough to her to not hurt her feelings- It's like a catch 22 

What can I do here? When she cries really hard, I feel like I can hardly figure out how to deal with her besides just letting her have space & I may end up making it worse if I don't interact with her or encourage her on some level

thx

8. Hm....is she on any anti depression meds?
    Maybe try doing little things to lift her spirits instead of "interacting" more. Leave little stickie notes saying I love you. Try to make her laugh, or smile. Surprise her with flowers or a random date. Bring home her favorite candy or snack. Something along those lines

9. The only person who can answer that is your gf, ask her what you can do in order to help, or maybe even better, what not to do.

Just be there for her... You don't necessarily have to say anything, just be present and show that she has your love and support.

10. I've browsed websites that are exclusively island listings. Pretty much anything from lake islands, tropical paradises, to large swaths of barren dirt all over the world - some are even quite reasonable, considering what they are.

11. Why do my notifications not work anymore. It's been over a week now.

12. It's time for a new gf, Tex.  She'll be depressed for the rest of her life and there's nothing to be done about it.  I understand you probably like her a lot but maybe you can find a healthy girl you like just as much.  Sure mentally ill girls need love too but you have to look out for yourself here.

13. Why are there no down escalators?

14. Duh! Just get high, you don't
    need one!!

15. That's a nice way to put it.
    It like telling someone to fuck off politely.

Kinda like saying child please. The polite way to say bitch please.

WTF are you talking about? There's always a down escalator?

17. I'm being semantic: ESCALAT[e]or. Meaning to raise, not lower. Haha

Escalate doesn't mean go up, it means to increase.  They help people go faster.
    By your logic elevators would only go one direction while they actually get their name because they change elevations.  I could be wrong about this.

19. Good point. My perspective was from the view of "Escalate" a support ticket, ie, move it to a higher priority. 

20. Here, end of story. From Dictionary.com...

Escalate:
    1. to increase in intensity, magnitude, etc.: to escalate a war; a time when prices escalate.
    2.to raise, lower, rise, or descend on or as if on an escalator