Whats the best co2 system on the market

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by highergrowth, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Joe, You are correct that CO2 is heavier than air, but it isn't inherently cooler than the ambient temperature. The lowering of temperature associated with CO2 is due to the fact that when a gas expands (as it escapes into the local atmosphere from its bottle) there is necessarily an absorption of heat. My physics professor would be pissed that I forgot who, but that's "Somebody's Gas Law."

If I'm right, the reason you can't really lower the room temps with CO2 is that you're only letting out a little gas, some of the time. What CO2 does do is allow the plants to grow well at high temperatures, so it matters less if the temps are higher in the grow chamber.

Did I get that right OC?

2. guys why dont you use co2 from gas bottle you can buy it from suppliers its only what they use to pull you a beer in pub. and i was told to feed co2 when you switch off ya lights not when there on any ideas folks.

3. Photosynthesis happens when the lights are ON. This process allows the plants to use light energy and co2 to produce sugars.

Injecting co2 in the dark is a waste on MJ plants. As an example.....upper end co2 controllers have photocell switches that turn the unit on when the lights come on.