Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Whats the best co2 system on the market

• Please log in to reply

highergrowth

highergrowth

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
So I'm looking for a CO2 system. Not going to use yeast and sugar as this is a 10x12 room with a bunch of girls.

So what is a good controller and co2 generator on the market. I don't want the most expensive, just a good controller that will shut off the exhaust fan while the CO2 is on and keep it at a 1500 PPM automatically.

Also what about the water cooled CO2 generator from Hydrogen? Does anyone use this? I want the generator to produce minimal heat. and not have to go through tanks every week.

Please guide me in the right direction to choose a controller and CO2 generator for around $1000.

thanks.

Chunk

Chunk

Medicine Mod

• Super Moderator
  • 11,628 posts

ocitown

ocitown

Compliant420Grower

• Gold Member
  • 7,400 posts

Mr.Tangent

Mr.Tangent

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,361 posts
i've had a sentinel chhc-1 for one grow now, im happy with it.....And i haven't even used "co2 fuzzy logic" on it yet....... I just got a 20lbs tank and a regulator with solenoid, so in a month or so i'll be all good to go...

my only question left i have is....using co2,or having my ppm of co2 in my room at 1300-1600ppm what effects will this do to the room temp and r/h????does having high co2ppm raise temps or r/h???? thx.

ocitown

ocitown

Compliant420Grower

• Gold Member
  • 7,400 posts

Mr.Tangent

Mr.Tangent

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,361 posts
thx ocitown.... all im missing for a cge is a dehumidfier. but i'd like to run it as is, before....

thx for the info.

highergrowth

highergrowth

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
This is all really good info thanks. I think the sentienal is the way to go with controllers and prob the tanks to start as I don't want to by de-humidifies and such. I'm bringing in fresh air, and have exhaust, so that paired with the co2 system and I think I should be dialed. Again thanks for all the info.

Oh ya, has anyone used Harvest Master for a controller?

ocitown

ocitown

Compliant420Grower

• Gold Member
  • 7,400 posts

velanarris

velanarris

• Registered Upgraded
  • 337 posts

When using gas there is no change but using a burner the temp goes up and the RH down.

Don't you mean RH goes up? Burning hydrocarbons generates a lot of water.

Mr.Tangent

Mr.Tangent

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,361 posts

Don't you mean RH goes up? Burning hydrocarbons generates a lot of water.

I think he is refering to the heat given off by the co2 burner which would rise temps and lower r/h...

but if tons of dehumidified water was sitting in the room it will effect the rooms r/h as you said and the r/h indeed will go up.

And while i got you here. What is the recommended co2 ppm?? 1300ppm,1500ppm? I've read so many numbers.
thx in advance..

Edited by Mr.Tangent, 07 December 2009 - 07:22 AM.

Mechanibus

Mechanibus

ExperiMentalist

• Bronze Member
  • 7,509 posts

ocitown

ocitown

Compliant420Grower

• Gold Member
  • 7,400 posts

Edited by ocitown, 08 December 2009 - 06:18 AM.

Mr.Tangent

Mr.Tangent

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,361 posts
is 1500ppm the recommended co2 setting????

ocitown

ocitown

Compliant420Grower

• Gold Member
  • 7,400 posts

ocitown

ocitown

Compliant420Grower

• Gold Member
  • 7,400 posts

Mechanibus

Mechanibus

ExperiMentalist

• Bronze Member
  • 7,509 posts

ocitown

ocitown

Compliant420Grower

• Gold Member
  • 7,400 posts

Mechanibus

Mechanibus

ExperiMentalist

• Bronze Member
  • 7,509 posts

ocitown

ocitown

Compliant420Grower

• Gold Member
  • 7,400 posts

joe_fresh

joe_fresh

Ultimate Connoisseur

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,569 posts
i was under the asumption that co2 was a much cooler and heavier gas than reg air , just what i heard though as i dont know much about co2, but i do know that when you shood a paintball gun with co2 the co2 air comming out is much cooler, so in my opinion if you have a sealed room , co2 would help stabalize room temps and keep them low....no? not saying they would really lower temps, just help keep em low a bit....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users