Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

kief catch on my grinder stuck shut...

• Please log in to reply

ilych

ilych

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 100 posts

Xero16

Xero16

Minnesota Dank Smoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 368 posts
If it's as stuck as I've seen some grinders get, there aren't many "tricks" as to how to open them. Liquid Wrench maybe? Lay it on it's side and give the bottom chamber a knock with a mallet/hammer.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you really should not have let that happen. It's very easy for kief and ground buds to get stuck in the threads of grinders, and this is what happens when it is left to accumulate.

Good luck on your endeavors. Oh, and if you use a chemical lubricant, make sure not to use any kief it touches. If you do get it open, I suggest an alcohol bath to clean all the nooks and crannies. It will also clear up your screen, getting more kief for you.

Heavy_nutz

Heavy_nutz

*Nor Cal*

• Registered Upgraded
  • 993 posts
your pretty much SOL. That happened to my first grinder when I was younger. I had to break the screen out and just use it as a 3 piece instead

sidewayz6.6

sidewayz6.6

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
You should use the claw part of the hammer, just make sure you hit it the right way. I was over at my friend's smoking one time and he tightened the F*CK out of the bottom of his grinder. I asked why, and he said it was so that no one could steal his kief. A few days later I'm there and he's ready to roll the kief blunt. Only problem? He tightened this thing like a GORILLA, dud weighs 350 pounds... It was funny as hell watching him try to get that off. He did eventually with the hammer, and then we smoked the blunt.:smoke:

alex4r

alex4r

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
try tapping it on a table while twisting if that makes sense. same thing happened to me and this method worked.

happy tree

happy tree

Big Poppa

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,344 posts
run it under some hot water.

oh wait...

ilych

ilych

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 100 posts

Cpt Cannabis

Cpt Cannabis

Steal your Face

• Registered Upgraded
  • 892 posts

rite on the hammer trick worked like a dream.

Good shit. Also i would recommend getting a little kief jar. I jacked a pepper shaker from a restaurant so now i just shake my kief on top of a bowl :laughing: but if i need a lot i also have a little tiny spoon for scooping some out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users