12" Left Coast beaker-style tube w/ diffuser and ice catcher.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Justoner, Nov 30, 2009.

1. #1 Justoner, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
    Just picked this one up about a week ago from the local shop. The guy said the glass was blown by some guy in ATL. I did a search and found that only 2 or 3 other members of GC have Left Coast glass, but it seems to be unknown for the most part. Anyway, this piece was only $140 w/ the diffuser (8 slit)!!! I figured it was a great deal, considering I was kinda on a budget, and it seems to be thick, durable glass and it came with the diffuser.

I almost bought a Sheldon Black Bubbler for $170, but it was so small, and not really what I was looking for at the time, so I might have to pick that up one later on.

12"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18mm...

[​IMG]

Left Coast Diffuser

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some milk...only had about .25 grams of mids to work with. :mad:

[​IMG]

Iced up...

[​IMG]

Left Coast + DBV = great combo! :D The vaporizer hose fits perfectly into the diffuser...

[​IMG]

Vape Milk!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall, the Left Coast is a great bong for a great price, IMO. Hits like a champ, and is just a real solid piece. It's nothing special really, but it's certainly a well functioning piece, with some seemingly nice craftsmanship. It fits my needs just fine. I'll probably look into getting an ashcatcher or some accessories for it here soon. I'm still kinda new to the world of glass, so I'm building my collection slowly, but surely :D. Wish I could find some good smoke to use with this thing though...:rolleyes:

2. Digging it man. Solid glass. I'll have to find more out about left coast.

3. Yeah this is simple, but seems really good. I have something really similar to this... how thick is the glass on this one? Looks sweet...

4. As an FYI: if you've got a bushing diffuser it means your tube is 18.8, and your bowls are 14.5, my personal favorite.

+rep for not buying into Sheldon Black's bullshit.

5. Oh ok... thanks for clearing that up, that makes sense. The guy said it was 14, but I think he must have been just talking about the bowl, and not the joint.

Thanks, but what do you mean by bullshit? Overpriced or something? hehe

6. Big fan of your Left Coast, it looks clean, and very sturdy

7. Nice pics.

8. Sheldon Black pieces are based of nothing else than it's the guy who used to hold the US liscensing for the Roor name. His pieces are overpriced for having nothing original about them.

9. Thanks for the responses everyone!

I was a little hesitant to purchase it at first because of the low price, I had never heard of Left Coast before, and googling it only returned like 5 results. But, I'm quite happy and totally satisfied with it. Glad I didn't turn it down! It's definitely a good starting point for GonG's. It gets me right! hehe :smoke:

It puts my $25 acrylic to shame, for sure! lol

10. Left coast seems to be stepping up their game. The Import House in Columbus has a really good selection now and they are even making a dual o ring coil (like illadelph) for $800.

They are also making bubblers and A/C's now.

Personally, I have a 20-24" version of what you have. Edit: From the looks of it, yours probably has a much bigger diameter than mine, cant tell for sure though.

11. Awesome! Glad to hear that! :hello:

I will keep my eye out for a LC ashcatcher. Especially if they're priced as generously as this tube!

Also, I was reading in another Left Coat pickup thread that the blower(s) of LC actually split from Illadelph for some reason, and are now independent. That's definitely reassuring considering Illadelph's prestige. Anyone have any further insight on this?

12. thats a simple lookin piece, but i dig it. idk why but i think its really nice, nothing fancy about it like ya said, but it seems like a really sturdy bong. aint nothing wrong with simple and clean

13. LC ashcatchers were $60 at the place I went to. Roor's were the same price but they didnt have a diffused downstem and the downstem & bowl of the roor ashcatcher was one peice (retarded, i know).

Anyway, the ashcatchers looked great, had a similar diffused downstem that accepted a bowl, rather than the 1 piece bowl+downstem design. I'm not sure if they came with a bowl at that price, I don't think that it did.

I had heard the same thing about illadelph and LC but its all just rumors as far as I'm concerned. Its too bad that LC doesn't have a site.

14. Looks good, +rep. Check out my similar looking Medicali

15. +Rep for vape bongin!

16. They're mostly the same pieces those blowers have been doing for years under the roor name. They have every right to continue to produce them under whatever name they want. And the only shop I've been to that sells SB sells it at a discount to old roor prices. :confused_2:

I really like this tube OP. I'm definitely interested in seeing more from Left Coast... but I highly doubt its and atl blower or company. Why would someone from the south call their company Left Coast?

17. Thanks for the kind words everybody...

Oh yeah, vape bongin is awesome...hey, do you frequent FC forums? Your SN or avatar looks a little familiar...

Thanks! I was kinda confused by the name as well...but according to the guy at the local shop, and some users on these forums (as well as tokecity), they're out of Georgia.

^From tokecity.

So, who knows? Maybe some details will surface here soon once they gain some recognition (hopefully). A very peculiar name though, considering he's on the exact opposite coast...:rolleyes:

18. We just started carrying those at the shop where I work... very nice.

19. last bump

20. I just got a Left Coast straight tube. Shit is so thick and the joint is huge! I love my LC and I can tell you love yours!