150W HPS Light burn and/or overwatering? Nute burn? Something else? PIcs

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by shidada, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Hey guy could You help me out a little and tell me what u think the problem is here.
    I have a
    150W hps
    2x2x6' box.
    4" computer fan intake
    4" inline fan outtake
    (6) 26 W CFLs

I think it might be overwatering and leaf burn. The plant was about 9-10 in away from the plant, so that might have done it. I am using pure blend pure grow Botanicare solution and have only applied it once so it shouldnt be nute burn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I use a 150W HPS and Ive kept mine as close as 4" and as far away as 9" and never burned the plant. You have a lot of stretch so that means light is too far away to me. Could be not enough nutes. It can start at the tips like nute burn and work its way back. Is your soil meter set for moisture or PH in the picture? If its PH, you are way too acidic for soil and may be nute lockout.

3. The reason it is stretched is because before I had it under the 150w hps, I had it just under one 26W CFL because I didn't have a place to put it at the time. The meter is set for moisture, and I've tested the water and it's around 6.7. And the soil is brand new and is a good kind. Gave it a little more pure grow formula to see if that helps an I'll check on it in a couple days.

4. I just recently took a pic of it, and the leaves still have these brownish spots on them. I cant find what this could be. Any help?

[​IMG]

5. I dont think it's nute burn because I just had that problem and it was alot diffrent, i'd mark that off.

6. Well the light has been moved to 12" from the plant, so it's not light burn. Could it be that I used Miracle Grow potting soil at first? I know I know but that's all I had. Did you ever figure out what was wrong with yours? What did you do to fix it? Here's another pic of the progress.

[​IMG]