Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Why marijuana smokers cough up black phlegm and cigarette smokers do not:

• Please log in to reply

StonedScholar

StonedScholar

Jimmy Rustle

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,322 posts
I'll hack up my fair share of phlegm but it's never been darker than a light brown.

KoreanKush

KoreanKush

Mary

• Registered Upgraded
  • 107 posts
good shit blade!

solarhitz

solarhitz

MMJ patient of the future

• Registered Upgraded
  • 482 posts

Iv been smoking for about 3-4 years now cigarettes and weed everyday... olny recent iv been coughing up large amounts of black stuff... its kinda worrying.

i was thinking if i bought a vapour, stop smokin cig's and just smoked through my vapour would it help clear my lungs out ?
its gettin 2 a stage where every cough is making me cough black/grey mucus up...

and im only 18 :mad:

that's tobacco that's making u do that man. yah, you need to start getting off the tobacco, take long showers with hot water beating on your chest to help breakdown that crap, and only smoke your weed through a vaporizer for a while. it'll take a year or two for your lungs to start getting better. exercise will help you too. when your lungs feel healthy again u can start smoking your MJ through normal means, but if you really care about fixing your lungs you need to take yourself a "T-Break", but in this case, it's not a Tolerance Break, it's a Therapy Break.

Mahane

Mahane

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I smoke often cough!Posted Image

CannabisKills

CannabisKills

Disinformation doesn't.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 425 posts

[1] Heath, R.G., A.T. Fitzjarrell, C.J. Fontana, and R.E. Garey. "Cannabis sativa: Effects on brain function and ultrastructure in Rhesus monkeys," Biological Psychiatry. 15:657-690, 1980.

Think about that for a minute... researchers, doctors, and the government have known about the medicinal value of cannabis for quite some time, far beyond 1980. This is only one of many studies... It's sickening and evil that the government can tell lies and propaganda about cannabis. They have spread the very definition of "disinformation," completely knowing marijuana has a ton of value.

Edited by CannabisKills, 14 January 2013 - 08:31 AM.

Stoned Cold Steve Austin

Stoned Cold Steve Austin

Austin 4:20 said I just smoked your grass!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,179 posts
It's rare I'll smoke weed without tobacco, and I've been smoking 3-4 years now and I've never coughed up any black shit. The worst affect I've had from smoking is having a blocked throat, but all I need to do is cough once to get rid of that..

paleolith

paleolith

• Registered Upgraded
  • 540 posts
Hmm... I've never coughed up black phlegm before.

Maul555

Maul555

Mad Mauler

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I quit smoking both cigs (permanently) and weed (temporarily) a full 2 weeks ago... 3 days in I developed a chest cold, and it felt like my lungs where crawling with dirt... The cold didn't last long, but I have been coughing up black phlegm for a week and a half straight now. I switched to an E-cig for my nicotine and am going to get myself a vaporizer now before I pick the green back up again... This shiat is enough for me ^^

AhToker

AhToker

Is this thing On?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,957 posts
Am I the only one that isnt coughing this up?

solarhitz

solarhitz

MMJ patient of the future

• Registered Upgraded
  • 482 posts

Am I the only one that isnt coughing this up?

nah man, when i smoke i don't do massive monster hits and at the most frequent i was smoking it was like once a day for about a week and a half.. typically it's 3-4 times a week. right now i'm on a pretty damn long t-break. it's been about 2 months, minus 1 time i celebrated with some friends the day after christmas with one small bowl that i split with my girlfriend, the T-break is because i have a job coming up soon and a class that will require travel to an elementary school as an aid for some hands on experience in one of college courses. pretty sure the job will require a 1time drug test and anything with young kids i bet will too. so i've been breaked out for a while now just waiting for when i can toke up again. but in all my time i've never hacked up a bunch of nasty shit like that. occasionally when i clear my throat, i've always feel some of what i always assumed was ''extra sticky spit'', (before and after i've been smoking) but now i realize that was the small amount of mucous from your lungs that they use to clean them selves. never in my life has that mucous been darker than clear or very slightly yellow. unless i had a chest cold... then it turns freaky nasty colors till i take anti-biotics... lol.

CyclicDreams

CyclicDreams

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,376 posts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6QLMUwVBeY]Black Lung - YouTube[/ame]

TMoe300

TMoe300

• Registered Upgraded
  • 118 posts
Ive never coughed up black shit in my entire life. Ive coughed up a loogy or whatever they call it lol. but not black phlegm.

Trevor556

Trevor556

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
This is kind of a relief. I've never habitually smoked tobacco but I always cough shit up from baking all the time. It's gotten worse since I started a nightly blunt regimen as wellPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MysteryRoach69

MysteryRoach69

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,708 posts
Not black more like yellow but only after a huge smoke sesh. Like all day.

Mabye it's black because they used shitty pipes and inhaled small pieces of resin? I've definatly noticed that inhaling small bits of resin happens more than you'd think and a tottaly clean pipe makes a huge difference.

nesw

nesw

Stay Devious

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,519 posts
ive never coughed up black phlegm..

EntropicJoey

EntropicJoey

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
im agoraphobic so im always smoking and i have been caughing this up for quite some time, i read an article before this that stated once you caugh up black stuff, its too late for you to heal, lol i was scared but this thread made my panic ease, thanks

n00bslayer06

n00bslayer06

• Registered Upgraded
  • 684 posts
good 2 kno

s0calt0ker

s0calt0ker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,682 posts
I know more tobacco smokers who cough up black phlegm than just marijuana smokers. I have coughed up black phlegm on many occasions, but only when quitting tobacco in the past.

TheMagicClover

TheMagicClover

VA Cannabis Connoisseur

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,467 posts

I know more tobacco smokers who cough up black phlegm than just marijuana smokers. I have coughed up black phlegm on many occasions, but only when quitting tobacco in the past.

Dammit SoCal gtfo of this thread and into some useful ones hahahaha

ByBySucker

ByBySucker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 793 posts
I noticed that I only cough up black when I havent smoked in atleast a day.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users