My Artwork

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by ztc, Nov 24, 2009.

1. #41 ztc, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Newest piece from December 2010. Haven't done much art since this piece.

Once I find some batteries for the camera I'm gonna take some pics of the pieces I've been workin on lately. There's some cool shit I'm sure you all would enjoy. For now, I keep putting pencil to paper =)

2. A progressive slide show of the piece I'm currently working on:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More to come, haven't quite finished her up yet.
    I've decided that if I pursue a career in art, or most anything, the name of it will have "Schplerff" in it. One of my favorite "fuck it" words while I'm tripping.

3. One more:
    [​IMG]

4. I like the progress shots bruh. Nice touch. Diggin' the sig too! I feel that 100%

Still tryin' to find a good example for ya.

5. Here's the finishing shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Holy shit. You're fuckin pro dude.

7. Hahahaha thanks man. I'm gonna start putting some of my work up on etsy, see if I can get a little cashflow from my passion.

8. aye bro!! hope u been good. if u open that etsy shop, let me know:wave:

9. For sure dude. I'm working on a few more pieces this week, I'll have some stuff up there next week. I'm not sure if I'm going to sell originals, probably just copies for now, but eventually the originals will be worth a good amount, provided my name gets out there. I'll let you know man. Thanks for the love and support.

10. Looking nice man. I should try and dig out all my artwork out of storage. Use to be huge into it until my carpel tunnel got the best of me. Can only draw for about 30 mins before hand starts cramping. Loved the progression of the last picture. Keep up the awesome work man. Really have a talent.

11. Thanks for the trip man

12. Youve really got your shading skills down! I can draw well but shading has always been by stumbling block

13. Thank you man, I'd love to see your work. It's always nice to get inspiration wherever I can, and GC has a lot of it.

Funny you mention that. I was in Philly a few weeks back, and I brought a sketchbook with me. Me and a few friends met with Lucy while we were there, and I was drawing for quite some time, with all of the lines moving while I was drawing. I had captivated all of them just by using a pen and paper. I'm glad it did the same for you... See the loops? Hehehehehe.

I was never good at shading until I took an art class. I just started messing around with the color + shading drawings a few months back, and it looks to me like it's really blossomed into something that I've never laid eyes on before. I'm glad to see where my art is going, and hearing the reactions in real life and on GC is all the more motivating.

I've got another piece that I'm progressing on right now, an a few others that are still just sketches, finishing up the way I want the lines to work. I'll post some phone pictures later this evening, for now I've got some essays to edit. Spring Break 2011 is over, it's back to college for this guy.

14. they are pretty nice but have a 'novice' quality about them. keep drawing tho

15. Those are great looking man, they're very dark too. I see my artwork as very sexual and abstract, but yours definitely has a feel to it that reminds me of darkness and the "underworld". I can definitely see you put a loooot of time into them though, great stuff.

I know what you mean. I'm still working with coordinating my different colors, and a lot of the times I rush through a piece to get it finished, get some sloppy lines, or color with the marker I didn't have in mind. I'm going to the art store this week sometime to pick up some paint markers, to see if it makes any difference in my work. Thanks for the critique.

16. Yeah paint markers are really nice to draw with. Especially as you can go over mistakes. I paint graffiti and i love just playing round with abstract patterns or characters. Spray paint is hard to work with though. You need some serious hand eye coordination to get clean line etc. I work on the street a fair amount and i love just dropping a complety random character or flow of shapes in strange spots. Like put popping vivid colour on the filthiest flakiest wall i can find. Or the opposite, so find a clean white wall then put a darkere sighlty more menacing character or whatever. Its nice to know what you do gets seen i suppose, also a thrill seeing it yourself in a context like that with so many people passing and seeing it. have you ever considered working with spray paints?

Yeah instead of going to University i was thinking about taking a art foundation course and kinda extending my skills, maybe do some screen printing or even a cartooning course.

edd x

17. You have a deviantart? invest in some good color media and post some shit on there. I'll watch you for sure

18. I did a little bit of graff back in my earlier high school days, but where I live there's not much of a scene for it, and quite frankly I am just not into it as much. I'm going to be buying paint markers very soon though.

Noah- I just made an account on there (zteec) so hopefully I'll be able to upload more stuff on there soon, and put some more work up on the internet.

19. Cool beans. you can watch me if you want but all I do is lyrics so it's not a lot of fun.