My grinder is stuck..help!

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by toastytoast, Nov 23, 2009.

1. You sirs, are both high! :smoking:

as am I..

2. this happened to my grinder a couple months ago. I had to soak my whole grinder in hot water (as hot as your faucet will go) and it came right apart after that. I lost a ton of kief :(

3. I have a few grinders that I have purchased over the past year or so, and I will say, I will never use them again!

My friend back home told me that they use a coffee bean grinder. At first I was skeptical, but then after thinking about it, I decided to dig my out of the box in which it lived and give it a try.

I broke a very large bud up into a few pieces, dropped in, and gave it two pulses. Wala...Done! I was AMAZED, and the kief that is stuck inside is a plenty! (I think I will just use a small water color paintbrush to dust out later) It took two seconds, and no mess, stuck herbs, etc...and it is PERFECTLY ground!

I HIGHly recommend this method of grinding herbs to everybody! Besides, the coffee bean grinder is less expensive in most cases. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Happy Toking!

4. If you are concerned about portability, than the coffee grinder is not a good choice. It does cut up herb to a good consistency however.

5. Yeah Ive used coffee grinders before and they do work out well and accumulate kief quite well, but I find that the kief is not as pure, as they over grind the bud sometimes and that just turns into dust. Also not portable, but are quite great.

Also here are some pics, I already used a bunch of kief, but a decent amount is left. Its in a small jar. Sorry for bad pics, lighting wasnt that great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And heres some diesel :D

[​IMG]

6. that last picture of the bud is just blurry enough to make me feel like im about to start tripping, haha...

7. Haha that last bud is bout 4.5g and almost looked like a Christmas tree to me.. idk why haha

8. i know you got it opened but heres a tip coffee grinder =) use hand grinders for camping and partys ETC i had same problem with the grinder part because it got extremely sticky of resin and i got so pissed it kept happening so i went to walmart and got a coffee grinder

9. had the same problem and wooden spoon actually worked. thanks.

10. Recently had this problem. Too lazy to look through the answers to see if this method has been covered. But what I did was wedge my pocket knife in between the lid and muncher piece then just pried a little bit. Came right off