I have been growing this lovely plant for about 11 months now. It has been an awesome experience that has been really rewarding. I have had my ups and downs and I am coming back for more. On my journey I discovered a breeder named Subcool from TGA and instantly liked all of his stuff. I mean I really went and read anything I could find about his strains. The one I settled on first was Querkle
This Indica dominant hybrid has a great taste and out of a 5 plant test run all 4 females turned a nice shade of purple with warm temps throughout. Our goal was to recreate the nice grape flavor but ad some speed to the slow Urkle mom and the results are better than we expected and finding 2 keeper moms from the very small test run we did. Results from the field verify mild variation, good yields and fantastic flavor and colors. This hybrid has been featured in both Skunk and Hightimes magazine.
1) Phenotypes –Two main females one Short and very purple with grape flavors, the variation is a slightly more SQ dom with a taller frame and more sativa buzz.
2) Height- Short and dence does well un topped but faster than Urkle.
3) Yield-Medium to heavy if extended veg time is given mainly due to bud density.
4) Indoor has only been tested so far
5) Best way to grow-Vegged to a large bush Or untopped in scrog.
6) Harvest Window-8 weeks
7) Sativa/Indica 20/80
8) Hybrid- Urkle x Space Queen
9) High type- Indica head and grape taste make it total all day headstash.
10) Smells: Grapes, fruit, berries, musty
11) One of my favorite things to smoke out of a clean bong the flavor is just amazing and IMO better than Mom.
After purchasing the Querkle I decided one of these strains were not enought so I ordered some Dairy Queen.
Tested as Dank #1
Cheese X C-99
Heavy stank, so strong trimming it can affect your sinuses and even your head. Its texture is off the hook, ultra gooey and medium density, my tester Minitrkn420 says “the texture is what I like a lot, it’s a superb bud” he reports the smell is sweet tarts chewy candy. This strain was released to TGA testers and we could not be happier with the results. It has been described as Tropical Cheese by Happy Chief and everyone experienced amazing levels of resin production. It is not for anyone looking for a strain with low odor though everyone reports an incredible funk. The testers are blown away and long before we indicated the true parentage there threads speak of Cheesy smells and copious resin production. This was our goal with this strain and I am confident everyone that tries it will get a nice representation of Cheese with the added boost of Cindy. There was absolutely no sign of hermaphrodites even in the garden that received a great deal of stress!
Plants grow short and full with medium sized buds with full maturation in under 8 weeks.
1. Phenotypes – Wide bushes with a Cheese profile
2. Height- Short and Wide
3. Yield- Medium
4. Indoor/ Outdoor Performs well in both
5. Best way to grow- Large topped bushes to prevent stretch
6. Harvest Window_ 7-8 weeks
7. Sativa/ Indica 60/40
8. Hybrid- Cheese X Romulan X Cindy 99
9. High type- Relaxing and fun to smoke mainly due to its funky taste
10.Taste Like: Cherry Cheese and a very stinky plant
And the list keeps on growing of what I want from TGA. I have plans to order Vortex, Jack the Ripper and Jillybean too.
Well enough with all that crap here are the stats
Flora Nova grow, Liquid Karma, Silica Blast and some Superthrive from time to time.
1600 watts of Hps
8" inline can fan for ventilation
charcoal scrubber(cant remember model)
11000 btu portable air conditioner
Two fans on the ground and one wall mounted fan over the tops
Botanicare Pure Blend pro bloom the soil formula, Silica Blast, Liquid Karma, Kool Bloom liquid and powder and some Blackstrap Molasses.
Here is my Querkle girl
I have two other Querkle in the flower room right now but this is the one I was looking for. She grows pretty slow and has a strong odor for being a veg plant. My wife said it almost smelled like red wine. I dont know for certain how long she has been vegging so far because I dont like to count the veg time(at least 7 weeks so far). Knowing that there is not too much stretch to this plant I am gonna flower her around 24 inches, she'a at 17 right now. I have big hopes for this one
I have 4 Dairy Queens going right now
Dairy Queen 1
Dairy Queen 2
Dairy Queen 3
Dairy Queen 4
None has shown sex so far and they are almost ready for their first haircut. It is clear I have a couple of different pheno's here. I just want one stellar smeller, I mean some serious funk with the boost of C-99.
Well wish me luck and this will be updated at least once per week.