Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Homemade stone pipe

• Please log in to reply

waldojeffers

waldojeffers

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yo, everyone.

I just decided on a whim a few days ago that I want to make myself a stone pipe as a project for the next couple of weeks. I found a site that sells alabaster for 70 cents a pound and figure that I can probably carve a pretty decent piece for about $25 after shipping (more expensive than buying a professional pipe here, but I like the idea of trying to do it myself even if I fail).

I might also try to just carve it out of some random rock I find somewhere, but that would probably be difficult to do.

If any of you have any advice on how to do this most effectively, I'd appreciate it. But my specific question is how you could seal two pieces of stone together safely. I figure that, given my lack of experience carving stone, I would want to make the bowl and the drawing tube separate pieces and then connect them together. I wouldn't want to use glue though, since I would get paranoid about glue vapor in my lungs, and I don't think I would trust on the tightness of the fit to hold it together like those Inca buildings.

Thanks for any help,
waldo

BostonBUDdy

BostonBUDdy

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • 778 posts
instead of connecting two pieces try making just a straight chillum

weedidas

weedidas

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,056 posts
Might be a bit late but if you need help, just message me, I've made stone pipes before and its very easy, but takes a few hours. You don't need to make separate pieces, here's a method I figured out for mine:
Posted Image

PixieDust

PixieDust

PixieDust

• Registered Upgraded
  • 886 posts
Ahahahahahaha, a bit late? More like 5 years a bit late. Ka-ching.

I need to +Rep you for some reason.

abj505

abj505

interdimensional explorer

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
weedidas, could you tell me the ways of making a stone pipe, ive smoked out of one before, there badass, but i dont want to buy special rocks, if thats required

IvGotMilk

IvGotMilk

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,541 posts
did you make it?

GORBS

GORBS

Weed Smoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 679 posts
Yeah, how did this ever go down?

IvGotMilk