Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Visine question

• Please log in to reply

BassInYourFace

BassInYourFace

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
I've heard that if you use visine too often it can stop working, and your eyes can become red easier. I was wondering, how long does it take if you use visine on average of once a day, and after awhile will you be able to use it again. And if visine doesn't work will clear eyes?

Similar Topics: Visine question     x

Zeppelin Joint

Zeppelin Joint

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 992 posts
lots of people use visine every day a few times a day. I don't see how it would just stop working right or not work as well. Their isn't a whole lot of chmicals in it and it's mostly distilled water. I even heard that if you have clean hands you can rum cold water on your eyes and take most of the red out.

sirseedymcseed

sirseedymcseed

certified bud expert

• Old School
  • 1,139 posts
i heard some people say too much visine is a bad thing as well. but...i read the bottle and didn't see anything about "warning: do not add too much."

HoboSexual

HoboSexual

Registered Marijuana User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 502 posts
did anybody else notice the main ingrediant in visine is tetrahydrazoline which is fairly similar sounding to tetrahydrocannibinol. i just found that interesting

o yea i suppose your body could work up a tolerance to visine just like any drug i would have no idea how long that tolerance would take tho. i dont use visine i just red eye it. i havent had anybody say anything in a long time.

and if clear eyes is a different active ingrediant then go for it, otherwise it wont do anything differntly.

BassInYourFace

BassInYourFace

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
I was pretty ripped when i wrote that, so let me explain myself a bit better.

I've heard that you can develope a sort of dependency on visine. Your eyes will get red more often, because your body will eventually stop making its natural eye un-redder juice or something, because it is dependant on the visine. And after awhile the visine stops working almost completly. I don't know if that true though.

Buzzwell420

Buzzwell420

reefer brain

• Registered Upgraded
  • 9,398 posts
ive noticed that my tolerance 2 geting red eye has gone up, now i smoke i just look tired, but that varies persoon 2 person, my friend has been smoking longer than me and he always gets mad red eye, but lol think bout ppl that get red eye with out smoking, so idk evreyones difrent.

ps, visine may rid the red eye, but adds and extra gloss 2 ur eyes, so it depends on how stoned u get, ppl could still tell,

THE_ODA

THE_ODA

• Registered Upgraded
  • 310 posts
Just play it smart. Don't overuse it in the first place, Sir.

frunk

frunk

the mushroom man

• Registered Upgraded
  • 216 posts
i use visine almost everyday and probably have for quite a long time.. at least like 4 months straight and it still works great. i kind of like clear eyes better though, seems to work longer.

Ganja Homegrown

Ganja Homegrown

Ganja Homegrown

• Registered Upgraded
  • 112 posts

I was pretty ripped when i wrote that, so let me explain myself a bit better.

I've heard that you can develope a sort of dependency on visine. Your eyes will get red more often, because your body will eventually stop making its natural eye un-redder juice or something, because it is dependant on the visine. And after awhile the visine stops working almost completly. I don't know if that true though.

Damn dude, "natural eye un-redder juice" that sounded pretty sick man lol. Maybe its just me, but gross lol

DietBong

DietBong

Cannabis Aficionado

• Registered Upgraded
  • 195 posts
just use visine only when your eyes are BLOOD SHOT (like you could tell from 10+ feet away). if they are reddish then don't. shit, my eyes are red most of the day just because my contacts make them red. i usually don't use visine because they harden up your contacts. just don't make eye contact with people who would care

chiefdubleblunt

chiefdubleblunt

The Chief

• Old School
  • 1,148 posts
just listen to the instructions on the bottle............up to 2 drops in each eye up to 4 times daily.........dont do 8 drops at once the acidity is too much for your eyes causing extra redness............

Dangerousmind

Dangerousmind

cannabis connoisseur

• Old School
  • 542 posts
Use clear eyes it works better. i find that if i use visine then in a few hours my eyes will be red again but clear eyes lasts me just about all day.

AimedForDeath

AimedForDeath

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 7,079 posts
I dunno, I use generic shit (equate) and its like $1.50 for a bottle, and it works better then visene, clear eyes, all of them.. Just go to shopko, or kmart, or walmart, or walgreens and get 'equate sterial eye drops'...

4Degrees

4Degrees

Rasta Revolution

• Registered Upgraded
  • 323 posts

lots of people use visine every day a few times a day. I don't see how it would just stop working right or not work as well. Their isn't a whole lot of chmicals in it and it's mostly distilled water. I even heard that if you have clean hands you can rum cold water on your eyes and take most of the red out.

Hard water is not good for your eyes. The water out of your sink and the stuff in visine are very different. If they werent, whats the point of making visine?

jfeezy

jfeezy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 428 posts
Hmm... I only use Visine when necessary. If I'm about to go somewhere where I can't have people know I'm high I just don't smoke too much. My eyes usually don't get red until I get really high anyway, but I doubt Visine would just stop working?? It probably maintains the same effect.

howard stern

howard stern

King of All Media

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Use clear eyes it works better. i find that if i use visine then in a few hours my eyes will be red again but clear eyes lasts me just about all day.

word.

+1 for clear eyes. stuff works better than visine and always works. have had spotty performance w/ visine.

also another really good brand is bausch and lombs clear all.

used to use this stuff caled opcon 9 by bausch and laumb and it was uber whitener. but made you eyes look to white - kind of unatural.

LitlRscal

LitlRscal

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
:wave:Drug Facts for Visne Advanced Relief (the one I use) :smoking:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ingredient

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><THEAD><TR><TH id=tbl857id0_0 scope=col>Active ingredients</TH><TH id=tbl857id0_1 scope=col align=middle>Purpose</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD>Dextran 70 0.1%</TD><TD>Lubricant</TD></TR><TR><TD>Polyethylene glycol 400 1%</TD><TD>Lubricant</TD></TR><TR><TD>Povidone 1%</TD><TD>Lubricant</TD></TR><TR><TD>Tetrahydrozoline HCl 0.05%</TD><TD>Redness reliever</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Uses

• for the relief of redness of the eye due to minor eye irritations
  • for use as a protectant against further irritation or to relieve dryness of the eye
Warnings

Ask a doctor before use if you have narrow angle glaucoma.
When using this product
  • pupils may become enlarged temporarily
  • overuse may cause more eye redness
  • remove contact lenses before using
  • do not use if this solution changes color or becomes cloudy
  • do not touch tip of container to any surface to avoid contamination
  • replace cap after each use
Stop use and ask a doctor if
  • you feel eye pain
  • changes in vision occur
  • redness or irritation of the eye lasts
  • condition worsens or lasts more than 72 hours
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Directions

• put 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) up to 4 times daily
  • children under 6 years of age: ask a doctor
Other information

• store at 15° to 25°C (59° to 77°F)
Inactive ingredients

benzalkonium chloride, boric acid, edetate disodium, purified water, sodium borate, and sodium chloride

Rhythm of Life

Rhythm of Life

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 6,478 posts

I've heard that if you use visine too often it can stop working, and your eyes can become red easier. I was wondering, how long does it take if you use visine on average of once a day, and after awhile will you be able to use it again. And if visine doesn't work will clear eyes?

Visine and other product will always work on your eyes. What I think you might be confusing is that if you do use eye drops too often depending on the brand it can ruin your tear ducts making it harder to produce tears. Also there are products on the market to fix this problem so no worries either way your fine.

skunk123454321

skunk123454321

• Registered Upgraded
  • 349 posts
they do, but not in long term, if you use it 5 times in one day then it will probably make your eyes even redder. but it wont do that in the long run

dizzysavage

dizzysavage

Far Superior....

• Old School
  • 499 posts
Personally man I use Rhoto V's those things will make a cherry white buuuut they burn like hell. As for that whole dependency thing its totally probable in overly recommended doses, I mean if your eyes dont NEED to make the moisture to keep them from getting red they won't. Eventually this will lead to smaller tear ducts which, for someone who frequently gets red eye :smoke:, this won't be enough. Kind of like the steroids make your nuts shrink because they no longer have to make the testosterone your body needs....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users