Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Marijuana and tinnitus

• Please log in to reply

Phantasm

Phantasm

Phantasm

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Has anyone found that marijuana gives relief from tinnitus? In my case, it sometimes makes it seem louder, but sometimes it makes it seem lower.. I think it either depends on how focused i am on the sound, or the strain of weed. I'm not sure if other people find relief or not.. but it sometimes helps me. And it makes my hearing a hell of a lot better, too.. (for the time being, at least).

stoned0illusion

stoned0illusion

• Registered Upgraded
  • 115 posts
I find it does the same for me as the OP, i also found some interesting articles

Mrs Tabram finds that cannabis alleviates her tinnitus, while Dr Jonathon Berman of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital reported in a study last year that it can produce "significant improvement" in the most devastating neuropathic pain resistant to all forms of analgesia. It is also widely used by those with MS who find it relieves their symptoms of pain spasm and tremor.

Source: http://www.telegraph....01/hfanu01.xml

According to Patricia Tabram, a 66-year-old grandmother from Northumberland, she uses cannabis in her baked goods to guard against tinnitus as well as pains caused by a car crash.

Cannabis is illegal but to granny she believes it should be legal for medical reasons only. ""If they send me to jail, I can finish writing my book about the merits of medicinal herbal cannabis," she reported.

Tinnitus is ringing, whistling, or buzzing noises in the ear or both ears. Tinnitus is caused by being exposed to loud noises, ear infection, the use of certain drugs, head injury, et al. About 50 million people in the US suffer tinnitus.

Source: http://www.4hearingl....us_treate.html

Edited by stoned0illusion, 04 May 2011 - 05:11 PM.

grass king

grass king

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
for me it helps alot it lets me go to sleep, because usually i need to fall asleep with something on so i dont get kept awake by the sound of the ringing in my ears

Guest_TranceKid_*

Guest_TranceKid_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
Stop listening to music loud and protect your ears.

MistaBrosky420

MistaBrosky420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 411 posts
Probably. Since marijuana helps you kinda.. like Not Think about things ya know? Probably helps you separate yourself from the sound.

The Brosky:smoke:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users