Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Marijuana and ulcers

• Please log in to reply

imsostoned

imsostoned

feels > reels

• Bronze Member
  • 266 posts

Similar Topics: Marijuana and ulcers     x

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

Medicine Al

Medicine Al

Entelechy to Anarchy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,696 posts
Cannabis will decrease stress levels, which is an excellent way to combat ulcers, but without more specifics on your type of ulcer, and its location, that general answer is all I have.

In general, cannabis is a homeostatic agent, and decreases the body's odd tendency to work against itself, which is the root cause of many ulcers, when things get unbalanced in the duodenal or alimentary regions, for whatever reason.

If you fear that smoking it is causing you difficulties, perhaps you should try consuming edibles. But without knowing a specific type of ulcer, and it's cause, you are shooting blindly blaming anything for it, really. Diet is the most likely culprit, many ulcers are the result of undiscovered food allergies and sensitivities.

Anecdotal though it may be, I can say I have heard many people speak of their ulcers, and acid reflux being lessened, or eradicated, by using cannabis to soothe their rough edges and balance their chi a little bit better, or simply get their digestion back on track.

Seek out your physician, and get a more thorough check up, and if possible let us know how you improve, with or without cannabis. If you have been to two ER's over this problem, it could be serious, and ulcerative colitis can damage you permanently, even be lethal.
Ulcerative colitis: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

imsostoned

imsostoned

feels > reels

• Bronze Member
  • 266 posts

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

Medicine Al

Medicine Al

Entelechy to Anarchy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,696 posts

imsostoned-
I will definitely be doing more testing soon, probably within a week or two. Im using my moms Blue Shield HMO, and they recently "pulled out" of Northern California, forcing me to drive 5 hours back to my home town to my doctor. -_- Thankfully I can actually make the drive now, thanks to the Ondansetron they gave me.

Ondansetron? Are you in Chemotherapy? That's what that drug is usually for.(And 5 hours to see a family doctor? That's enough to give you an ulcer right there!)

Another pharmaceutical that debilitates the liver function over time, don't stay on it too long. Funny how the list of possible side effects on so many phamaceuticals sounds worse than the condition it's supposed to treat, isn't it?

What side effects can this medication cause?

Ondansetron may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

• diarrhea
  • headache
  • constipation
  • weakness
  • tiredness
  • dizziness
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

• rash
  • hives
  • itching
  • swelling of the eyes, face, lips, tongue, throat, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
  • hoarseness
  • difficulty breathing or swallowing
  • shortness of breath
  • noisy, high pitched breathing

Dizziness, itching, swollen lips, shortness of breath, diarrhea...wow, another wonder drug...:eek:

My sympathies on the long drive, healthcare is getting a little bit ridiculously hard to find these days.

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

imsostoned

imsostoned

feels > reels

• Bronze Member
  • 266 posts

neur0

neur0

• Registered Upgraded
  • 196 posts
I heard cigarettes had a thing to play with ulcer as well. I don't know whether it's the substance in cigs or just the smoke. If it's the latter, then marijuana can do the same I suppose.

Honestly, I hope weed doesn't have anything to do with ulcers. Do tell if you come up with anymore news from the doc...You DID tell em about using weed right? Doc's under orders of confidentiality so they won't tell your employers or parents supposedly--doesn't hurt if you back up that statement with them so they keep their mouths shut.

I had a peptic ulcer, one caused by bacterial infection. One of the more common causes of ulcers. How old are you anyways? Stress levels shouldn't be a factor, otherwise most college students would get it.

imsostoned

imsostoned

feels > reels

• Bronze Member
  • 266 posts

neur0

neur0

• Registered Upgraded
  • 196 posts
Oh yeah, it was a pylori stand. And Thanks, would love to know the affects :)

Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Very Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 11,618 posts
Here ya go, hon!

In the Human Colon: Cannabinoids Promote Epithelial Wound Healing
Elsevier

Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease
Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease: The Hempire - [cannabis, legalise]

You need to read the rest of the studies in the "Crohn's/IBS" section of "Granny Storm Crow's list" (linked below in my sig).

Granny :wave:

stickydankness

stickydankness

Self-medicated

• Registered Upgraded
  • 450 posts

Ondansetron? Are you in Chemotherapy? That's what that drug is usually for.(And 5 hours to see a family doctor? That's enough to give you an ulcer right there!)

I am, Zofran doesn't do a damn thing but give you a pounding headache... Promethazine however just makes you fall asleep for 3 or 4 hours so its not really any help...

OP, I'd just not smoke for a few days and see if you notice a change... Can't hurt..

neur0

neur0

• Registered Upgraded
  • 196 posts

Here ya go, hon!

In the Human Colon: Cannabinoids Promote Epithelial Wound Healing
Elsevier

Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease
Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease: The Hempire - [cannabis, legalise]

You need to read the rest of the studies in the "Crohn's/IBS" section of "Granny Storm Crow's list" (linked below in my sig).

Granny :wave:

Who you gonna call? Granny Storm Crow

50/100 Smoka

50/100 Smoka

Puffing Some Ponics

• Old School
  • 862 posts
I doubt its the smoke bbut it may be, Also alot of food can make it take longer to heal spicy foods, pepers, etc. & it will make ur stomach hurt also

imsostoned

imsostoned

feels > reels

• Bronze Member
  • 266 posts

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

Edited by tharedhead, 15 November 2009 - 12:39 AM.

Laughing Grass

Laughing Grass

-{MR. GRASS}-

• Silver Member
  • 1,230 posts

Edited by Laughing Grass, 15 November 2009 - 01:06 AM.

imsostoned

imsostoned

feels > reels

• Bronze Member
  • 266 posts

imsostoned

imsostoned

feels > reels

• Bronze Member
  • 266 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users