Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Weight, Slang & Price

• Please log in to reply

iTz oPiTeR

iTz oPiTeR

SeaTTLe ToKeR

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ok, so I have been smoking with friends for about 6 months just kinda messing around and now I am looking to start buying. I have been looking around and confused as fuck on the slang terms for weed and the different weights. :confused: So as a newb I would like to make this thread and confirm/update what I have collected thus far.

Weight----------Weight (Grams)----------Slang--------------------------Rough Price (Seattle, Wa.)

Pound-------------453g------------Pound, Full, Lb, BIG Zip-----------------3000$-3200$ USD
Half Pound---------226g---------------HP, Half Pounder--------------------1500$ USD
Quarter Pound-----113g------------QP, Quarter Pounder------------------750$ USD
Ounce-------------28g----------------Ounce, Oz, O, Zip -----------------180$-220$ USD
1/2 Ounce---------14g--------------------Half, 1/2------------------------90$-120$ USD
1/4 Ounce----------7g--------1/4, Quarter, Quart Lb. W/ Cheese---------60$-75$ USD
1/8 Ounce---------3.5g------------------1/8, Eighth-----------------------30$-45$ USD
1/10 Ounce---------1g-----------------1/10, Dime Bag---------------------10$-20$ USD

Please correct me on anything that may be incorrect and set me on the right path. I know this is a big question for newbs, and I will be updating this as it becomes more accurate, possible sticky?

Thanks for the help and info.

EDIT: New price chart set at 10$/Gram, i know this may be way to high or way to low but since its a median im just going to post this. Also note that this chart was made flat, meaning there is no discount for larger quantities that most dealers would abide by.

New Chart:
Weight(Lb./Oz.)--------Weight(G.)-------------Slang------------------Price @ 10$/Gram(USD$)

1 Pound (Lb.)----------453 Grams (G.)---------Pillow Sack------------$ 4530.00 USD
1/2 Pound (Lb.)--------226.5 Grams (G.)-------Half Pounder-----------$ 2265.00 USD
1/4 Pound (Lb.)--------113.25 Grams (G.)------Quarter Pounder--------$ 1132.50 USD
1/8 Pound (Lb.)--------56.62 Grams (G.)-------Eighth Of A Pound------$ 566.20 USD
1 Ounce (Oz.)----------28 Grams (G.)----------Full Ziplock-----------$ 280.00 USD
1/2 Ounce (Oz.)--------14 Grams (G.)----------Half An O--------------$ 140.00 USD
1/4 Ounce (Oz.)--------7 Grams (G.)-----------Quarter----------------$ 70.00 USD
1/8 Ounce (Oz.)--------3.5 Grams (G.)---------Eigth------------------$ 35.00 USD
1/10 Ounce (Oz.)-------2.8 Grams (G.)---------Dime Bag---------------$ 28.00 USD
1/16 Ounce (Oz.)-------1.75 Grams (G.)--------10 Sack----------------$ 17.50 USD

Is this correct?

Edited by iTz oPiTeR, 14 November 2009 - 05:07 AM.

• olylongbord11 likes this

Mooo

Mooo

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
O is 28g

Half O 14g

Quarter 7g

Eighth 3.5g

iTz oPiTeR

iTz oPiTeR

SeaTTLe ToKeR

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
K, thanks and updated.

KillerKush

KillerKush

Lost, Found or Pursueing?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,985 posts
Prices vary so much depending on your area. Bows around here are around 5+ and the nuggets are not even that great.

Smokaification

Smokaification

• Registered Upgraded
  • 408 posts

Ok, so I have been smoking with friends for about 6 months just kinda messing around and now I am looking to start buying. I have been looking around and confused as fuck on the slang terms for weed and the different weights. :confused: So as a newb I would like to make this thread and confirm/update what I have collected thus far.

Weight----------Weight (Grams)----------Slang--------------------------Price (Rough)

Pound----------450-460g-----------------Pound, Full, Lb, BIG Zip---------3000$-3200$ USD
Ounce-----------28-30g-------------------Ounce, Oz, O, Zip --------------180$-220$ USD
1/2 Ounce---------15g--------------------Half, 1/2--------------------------90$-120$ USD
1/4 Ounce---------7.5g-------------------1/4, Quarter----------------------60$-75$ USD
1/8 Ounce----------3g--------------------1/8, Eighth------------------------30$-45$ USD
1/10 Ounce--------1g---------------------1/10, Dime Bag------------------10$-20$ USD

Im pretty sure this is wrong, so please correct what is incorrect and set me on the right path. I know this is a big question for newbs, and I will be updating this as it becomes more accurate, possible sticky?

Thanks for the help and info.

A 1/4 is 7g and an 1/8 is 3.5. A dimebag of swag in my area is 3g but ive heard ppl refer to .5g bags of dank as dimes.

Ounces are normally 28g and a half is 14g. As for price it depends on were u live.

Also, i had a friend u called Quarter pounds "Quarter pounder with chesse"

EDIT: Mooo beat me to it!
EDIT2: A pound is 454g

Edited by Smokaification, 13 November 2009 - 10:10 AM.

iTz oPiTeR

iTz oPiTeR

SeaTTLe ToKeR

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Also, i had a friend u called Quarter pounds "Quarter pounder with chesse"

Hahaha, added that.

KillerKush

KillerKush

Lost, Found or Pursueing?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,985 posts
Just before you think about picking up know a few things.
Don't let many people know what you are doing, make sure your connect is trustworthy, don't meet up with people, never short a soul and most importantly be safe and smart.

POKIN-MOT

POKIN-MOT

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
u forgot... HP-half pound QP-quarter pound

iTz oPiTeR

iTz oPiTeR

SeaTTLe ToKeR

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks, Pokin and Killer - I added half pounds and quarter pounds. Also re-checked the higher quantities of weight and modified them a bit.

Also updated the original post. This chart made more sense to me and seemed cleaner.

Edited by iTz oPiTeR, 13 November 2009 - 12:55 PM.

peachesoncracrk

peachesoncracrk

mOney's fOr bOring ppl

• Registered Upgraded
  • 667 posts
dude do you really need a chart? don't your friends get weed you said? you must know someone where you live thats knowledgeable on the subject of how much weed can you get for said amount of money. it ain't that hard to remember

Hey Dale

Hey Dale

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
a teenth is 1.75 not .87.

hulmiflas

hulmiflas

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks, Pokin and Killer - I added half pounds and quarter pounds. Also re-checked the higher quantities of weight and modified them a bit.

Also updated the original post. This chart made more sense to me and seemed cleaner.

Thanks, Pokin and Killer - I added half pounds and quarter pounds. Also re-checked the higher quantities of weight and modified them a bit

Edited by hulmiflas, 13 November 2009 - 02:29 PM.

peachesoncracrk

peachesoncracrk

mOney's fOr bOring ppl

• Registered Upgraded
  • 667 posts

dude you're in Florida (me too:hello:) this guys in Seattle, prices are different everywhere. get a clue.

Authentic420

Authentic420

Too Legit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 246 posts
Wouldn't 1/10 be 2.8g?

Hey Dale

Hey Dale

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

dude you're in Florida (me too:hello:) this guys in Seattle, prices are different everywhere. get a clue.

Pretty sure the system of measure is the same in Seattle. 1/16 of and ounce is 1.75g anywhere..

J.Wallace

J.Wallace

+1Up!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,308 posts
Your whole chart is fine, but you really didn't have to go through all of that. Its pretty simple, most of the time I'll buy either quarter or half ounces at a time. My dealer knows this, so whenever I call him and say "Hey man, could I get a quarter?" he knows I mean a quarter ounce. Same if I said Half.

As for prices, thats one thing about bud that is uncontrollable. Its out of our hands, unless we're the ones selling. Prices vary so much from dealer to dealer, area to area, that its impossible to make a general estimate of the average cost of bud in one particular area, unless you live there. So, what might be cheap for some, might be expensive to others across the country.

peachesoncracrk

peachesoncracrk

mOney's fOr bOring ppl

• Registered Upgraded
  • 667 posts

Pretty sure the system of measure is the same in Seattle. 1/16 of and ounce is 1.75g anywhere..

my bad thought i read tener for w/e amount

iTz oPiTeR

iTz oPiTeR

SeaTTLe ToKeR

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I made a stupid mistake in the math, i did that chart because i am visual and i was unable to sleep at 4 in the morning bored. After i re did them i came up with 2.8g because an ounce is 28g / 10 = 2.8g

isnt that correct? and not 1.75?

smokesomebuddha

smokesomebuddha

Steal Your Face!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,309 posts
dood slang is different everywhere. you cant make a universal chart for weed terms. well i suppose you can, but it wont be the same for everyone

Smokaification

Smokaification

• Registered Upgraded
  • 408 posts

I made a stupid mistake in the math, i did that chart because i am visual and i was unable to sleep at 4 in the morning bored. After i re did them i came up with 2.8g because an ounce is 28g / 10 = 2.8g

isnt that correct? and not 1.75?

1/16 is 1.75g

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users