Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pennsylvania to Debate Medical Marijuana Bill

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by freepa, Nov 10, 2009.

1. damn another state , lookin good.

2. #22 IGotTheCottons, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
    No we don't. You can get caught growing up to 50 plants, and still get probation for a first offence.

Relatively speaking, our laws are fairly lenient.

First time offenders for minor possession (of weed, or paraphernalia) usually get non-reporting probation (ARD). Which basically means that if you don't mess up for your probationary period, they expunge your record... No meeting with a PO... No drug testing... Just the honor system...

I really think MMJ is going to pass in PA. Some of the more rural areas are pretty conservative, but the majority of our population is in the greater Philadelphia & Pittsburgh areas, which are very liberal.

The greater Philadelphia area, alone, has more than 5 million residents, and our area is a very weed tolerant area. A lot of the judges/cops/etc., as well as the general population around here want to see it completely legal. They view it as a waste of their time.

3. Pumped. Writing testimony right now. i've already been telling people excitedly. So if all goes well on that holy of night's what happens next?

4. Well if it makes it past the HHS committee. Then it is off to a vote in the senate. I which time we will have contact our legislators again. If it passes the senate then it goes to house which we will have to contact them and show up for the voting.

It will be a 3 step process then off to governors desk.

We have a long fight ahead of us.

5. Well I just sent my testimony into patients@pa4mmj. It's tempting to read it aloud at the hearings but that's pretty big.

6. thank you it will go a long way they should get back in touch with you

7. Sent in my testimony, since I can't go to any of the hearings.

8. damn i thought it was a much shorter process, just House then Senate...damn :(

9. LOCATION FINALIZED: Room 140, Main Capitol, PA Capitol Building

10. Bump. Just because this is important.

11. i really hope this bill gets passed. my doctor just tried to put me on prozac for depression. have you ever seen some of the side effects? im HIGHLY against any pills that alter your mind. especially like xanax and stuff. im hoping maybe i can get mmj and actually be able to enjoy things for once without having to buy bud off the street

12. Write your representatives:wave:

13. If you can hit this survey to it would be a good thing

Be forward warned your name will eventually made public with this one

Cohen Marijuana Survey

14. Supporting cannabis reform shouldn't instill fear in people. Letting that happen is how we lose battles in the war. I filled in the form and I don't even live in PA.

15. Done and done!

We should not be afraid to state our opinions on MMJ!

16. Thanks so much for posting this! I went and read through what he had to say, the only thing I was disappointed in was that he only mentioned pain control. So I wrote him a nice little tangent on the benefits of using it with patients with psychiatric disorders as well. :) Sheeesh if they legalized it then we could cut out the prozacs and the atavans, or at least cut them down a little. Save a lot of liver's and stomach linings.

17. I too of course filled this out. checked I support. I left a nice comment too about Crohn's disease, it was a pretty legit comment.

18. Bill HB 1393 The Pennsylvania General Assembly

"Debilitating medical condition." This term includes any of the following:
    (1) cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome or the treatment of these conditions;

(2) a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one or more of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe or chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures, including, but not limited to, those characteristic of epilepsy; severe and persistent muscle spasms, including, but not limited to, those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn's disease; or

(3) any other weakening medical condition or its treatment that is recognized by licensed medical authorities as being treatable with marijuana in a manner that is superior to treatment without marijuana.

19. if the pro-MMJ people win in this debate what will happen? will a bill be written up with a possibility of a veto as soon as it is put through the house?