Need Urgent Help: Female infected during flowering!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by love2trip, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

I checked my plants today and I noticed that my biggest female had what i believe is thrips? Can someone please confirm this?(you can see in the attached pic). The plant is around 3-4 weeks into flowering(I stupidly lost count). So i'm now wondering what can i do about these thrips(or whatever they are)? I have AzaMax but i don't know if thats fine to use while flowering. I've also heard about Spinosad and neem oil? What would you blades reccomend? All input appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. I love it how every time i ask a serious question about my grow on GC, i get so many responses :eek:

3. #3 Lostclusters, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
    According to my Grower's Bible pictures, in the pests & diseases section, your picture seems to look more like Spider Mites than Thrips. Checkout This.

4. we need a close up pic to be sure. But if all else fails neem oil with a little dishsoap and water dissolved in a spray bottle and washing your whole plant is the best solution for anything. 1 tbl spoon of need oil 1 tbl spoon of dish soap and 1 liter of water.

5. Thanks for the response. I took a look at your link, and judging by what i can tell it is thrips Thrips. I'm not 100% sure though as i don't have a microscope, so i can only judge by what i see with my naked eye. If you type thrips in google images you will see what they are, they are the little orange things that crawl on the surface of your fan leaves(i believe they may be called thrips larvae).

I have AzaMax which is a organic insecticide derived from neem. Would this work fine during the stage of flowering im in? Is it fine to spray the pistols/buds?

6. Im no expert on neem oil, but I have been using it and it work. During flowering, mix is weak and spray it when the lights just go off, not when they just go on, or you will cook leaves.

Just sayin'

gm

7. Yea I think you got Thrips as my plant is about the same week into flowering and yesterday discovered the larvae Thrips. I caught one with a tape and looked under my radio shack 100x maginifer to ID them.

I tried to get a pest control spray with Spinosad but could not find them at my local store. They did have Safer brand products for organic gardens. I got the Safer Brands Pest and Insecticides for fruits and vegetables. I read they are fine to use during flowering.

I wish you luck solving your pest problems.

8. Yea i have the larvae thrips, there are not too many of them though so i'm going to spray all 3 of my females with AzaMax tonight before i turn the lights off. Hopefully everything will be good after that.