Durban Poison, 1000W HPS 2 weeks into flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by prodigyru, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Sup GS!

I tried growing outdoors this year, but did not succeed. For some reason the buds came out airy and not very potent. Not sure why, could be genetics or stress or... who knows what?!

Anyhow, I have these 2 Durban Poison plants under 1000W HPS light. It is my first time growing indoors and i wanted to get an opinion on how they look so far.

Grow details:

10 Gallon pots filled with Fox Farm - Ocean Forest soil, mixed with about 30% perlite. The plants are 4' tall.

Since it is a 100% sativa, I used LST and FIM technics to make them bushy.

Growing temps are 60 (night) - 78 degrees F.

Feeding with Fox Farm - Big Bloom once a week and molasses once every 2 weeks.

PH level is 6.8 - 7.2

Attached Files:

2. hey dude they really are pure sativa lol, looking good but u got quite some time untill harvest expect u know sativa go much longer, but its worth the wait

GL dude

3. nice r they just sitting in your garage???unless your somewhere wheres its legal ... thats stupid .... but nonetheless they are looking beautiful ! GL

4. Thanks, you are correct, they are sitting in my garage... It's legal to grow 2 plants out here. I am growing just enough to get me through winter :)

In the spring, I am to try growing outdoors again. Only this time I am going to use a different approach: dig 3x3x3' holes, fill em with a quality potting soil. Feed properly, watch PH levels etc... And MOST IMPORTANTLY buy the seeds from a reputable seed bank with good genetics.

Last time i bought "Outdoor variety pack" from Marijuana Seeds (cannabis Seeds) High Quality Low Prices (if you google "marijuana seeds", they come out first). It did not come out right for some reason... Lesson learned, few hundred dollars later I came to conclusion that genetics is everything.

5. #5 jrdrew, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
    Prodigru,
    Alright, I am a complete noob at this. I am planning on using the ocean forest soil and the fox farm fertilizers. I only have a 150w hps light and a 2'd x 3'w x4.5't growbox. I wanted to do one small plant. I read all the grow guides on all the forums and I see that so many people have so much to say which is great. But I want to grow my plants just like you. Considering we use the same materials. I am wondering about a few things and I have some questions. Please take your time to answer them. It will be greatly appreciated.

How do you water?

What do you keep the watering/fertilizer pH at?

These questions anyone can answer:

Is a 150w hps light gonna do the trick? (

How big should I let the plant get before I put it into flower? (considering my light strength)

Could I grow two plants in this box with this light?

6. Hi! The rule of thumb is: 100W for 1st plant and 50W for 2nd, 3rd etc... SO 150W should be good enough for 1 plant.

Water as needed, depending on the temps and other factors. When you see plant leaves go a little droopy, that's the sign. I water no more 2 times a week.

Depending on the strain and your growing area. The bigger the plants, the more yield. Usually, 4-6 weeks in veg. state 18/6, then switch to 12/12 cycle to induce flowering.

Good luck.

7. What about the ph of the watering and fertilizing? And thank you very much

8. Get a PH meter and keep PH between 6.5 and 7.2.

Ganja likes soil acidic :)

Good luck

9. #9 jrdrew, Nov 8, 2009
    Im ordering one right now.

And can you do me a favor by explaining why and how you use molasses as fertilizer

10. molasses has high Phosphorus content and gives your bud sweet taste. It is also used for flushing nutes before the harvest.

Thanks for hijacking my thread.

prodigyru-

11. #11 jrdrew, Nov 8, 2009
    lol, thanks for letting me pop my cherry all over your thread. This is my first.

What is an appropriate dosage of molassas

12. Read instructions on the back of the container.

13. If you want big outdoor plants, the best thing to do is veg them for a few months and then transplant them outdoors at the start of the season. They will be giants :)

14. Yes! Have never done this with MJ, as I'm new to this, but I used to do it to my peppers. We have long winters, short growing season. I'd grow inside for a couple months and have HUGE crops. I've read that peppers, tomatos, and MJ all grow very similarly, would imagine it would work very well.

15. Thanks, I'll try it next season.

In the mean time, I have 5 WW seeds waiting to be germinated, and 2 Durban Poison clones i took from the plants shown in pictures. I top the clones to keep em short. They are just waiting to be moved to grow area as soon as my DP girls are ready for harvest.

I recommend using LST & FIM method to anyone who grows indoors. It will keep your plants short and bushy with many big branches instead of one big main branch.

I bought 5 White Widow seeds feminized from Nirvana shop. Has anyone had any success with Nirvana's products ?

16. Don't get me wrong the plants were huge, just not very potent. I guess the problem was that I didn't do it by the book. Bought cheap soil, didn't watch PH levels, planted a bit too early, over watered.. etc.

Trial and error my friend :rolleyes:

17. Be careful even with topping and lst'ing I am growing durban indoors, 1000w hps and a 240w led board, 5gal DWC, GH flora micro/bloom. Kool bloom liquid and dry. Hygrozyme, florablend and a little h2o2. I topped it and trained it and it's at 6ft still