Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Where do dispensaries get marijuana?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SouthernEX

SouthernEX

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I’m not particularly interested in opening a dispensary, but I would like to know where dispensaries get their marijuana from. I mean can they just get it from any grow house/field, or do they have to get it from a legislated place? If anyone could shed some light on this question I would appreciate it.

toastytoast

toastytoast

Herbaholic

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,081 posts
Most of them grow their own.. and other from licensed state medical growers. Some say they get it from the same people as you do, only much higher up, but clearly medical is much better, so I doubt that. All depends on the dispensary too.
Btw I could be totally wrong so someone else should confirm this

weednotcrack

weednotcrack

Exercise & Healthy Diet

• Registered Upgraded
  • 7,795 posts
yeah they grow their own or buy from patients who grow

420.4.LYF

420.4.LYF

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 475 posts
Grow it. But i smell bacon!!!:rolleyes:

Kirby-kush

Kirby-kush

4/20

• Registered Upgraded
  • 126 posts
fucking pigs man they're disgusting :D:smoking:

Metal Bacardi

Metal Bacardi

• Registered Upgraded
  • 625 posts
Grow their own or patients can sell their own back to the dispensary.

Guest_T-bone904_*

Guest_T-bone904_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
on dat show weeds they get it from a pot agent name "The Wizard" and that cnbc documentary showed a guy in humboldt county growin weed in his back yard for dispensarys

450herbalism

450herbalism

• Registered Upgraded
  • 229 posts
Owning a dispensary must be pimp as shit, especially now that they can't get raided randomly.

SouthernEX

SouthernEX

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

yeah they grow their own or buy from patients who grow

That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure.

Does the government allow dispensaries to turn a profit? I would think you could make a fairly comfortable living if you grew your own marijuana and supplied it to a dispensary which you owned.

justawhiteguy

justawhiteguy

some white guy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 246 posts
i believe they grow and manufacture it in labs were there are guys with big glasses and white coats

shadytoker

shadytoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 139 posts

Grow it. But i smell bacon!!!:rolleyes:

Bacon is all over this thread.:wave::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

nathanv

nathanv

Registered Abuser

• Registered Upgraded
  • 182 posts
LEGALLY, i'm pretty sure they have to get a liscensed grower or grow it themselves, AND NO WAY are dispensaries allowed to turn a profit, only pay their workers their wages and supply their PATIENTS with MEDECINE. hahahahahaha

EDIT: and the growers are usually patients, DUH! so shoo lol

guerilla Z0e

guerilla Z0e

SkS oG. betta believe dat

• Registered Upgraded
  • 565 posts
I knew this guy that used to grow (don't know if he still does) for a dispensary in California. Needless to say, his bud was heat and he had killer prices. But i think alot of them grow their own.

weednotcrack

weednotcrack

Exercise & Healthy Diet

• Registered Upgraded
  • 7,795 posts

That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure.

Does the government allow dispensaries to turn a profit? I would think you could make a fairly comfortable living if you grew your own marijuana and supplied it to a dispensary which you owned.

they say not to make a profit,but with a ounce being around $230 -$400,someone is making money..they call it "donations". kinda like churches don't make make money they get "donations".the funny thing is,why can't i get my meds for free ? i guess a mandatory "donation"..then again you can grow your own.

aero18

aero18

Secularist

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,570 posts

they say not to make a profit,but with a ounce being around $230 -$400,someone is making money..they call it "donations". kinda like churches don't make make money they get "donations".the funny thing is,why can't i get my meds for free ? i guess a mandatory "donation"..then again you can grow your own.

There are collectives where you can grow cannabis for free and help other people grow their own plants.

Ashmo420

Ashmo420

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Did you guys know compassion club dispensaries are illegal?

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 20,018 posts
No, they're not. Please don't spread disinformation like that, or at least CITE your sources.

Also, let's not get into the whole profiteering aspect here, there's enough vitriol about that subject on other threads.

This thread should be closed already.

Ashmo420

Ashmo420

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
In Canada compassion club dispensaries are illegal. Unless the person I spoke to that works for Health Canada is wrong. Which there is a chance that he was wrong. But he said that soon they will be cracking down on compassion clubs and busting them because there distribution is illegal. Apparently in Canada it is only legal to go through the MMAR program and have your own designated grower.

weednotcrack

weednotcrack

Exercise & Healthy Diet

• Registered Upgraded
  • 7,795 posts

There are collectives where you can grow cannabis for free and help other people grow their own plants.

i've heard of those collectives.but never been to one or seen one that does that.can you tell me the name of one that does that?? my sister is growing a plant and it would take alot of weight off her shoulders if a helpful collective can do the job for her.:)

Ashmo420

Ashmo420

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
WildWill : Protesters Ask to Keep Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Open | Cannabis Culture Magazine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users