Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Trigeminal neuralgia

• Please log in to reply

Volcano South

Volcano South

OG Boxers never die

• Gold Member
  • 2,475 posts

Similar Topics: Trigeminal neuralgia     x

Chunk

Chunk

Medicine Mod

• Super Moderator
  • 10,930 posts

• Volcano South likes this

Volcano South

Volcano South

OG Boxers never die

• Gold Member
  • 2,475 posts

Edited by Volcano South, 05 November 2009 - 12:57 AM.

JustJoe78

JustJoe78

What do I know?

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
My ex has TN, and MMJ has really helped her out. I believe she only took Tegetrol during a flareup. Her flareups are mostly related to contact in that general area.

Of course, MMJ didn't help her with being a 1st class bee-yotch.

Chunk

Chunk

Medicine Mod

• Super Moderator
  • 10,930 posts

Volcano South

Volcano South

OG Boxers never die

• Gold Member
  • 2,475 posts

Volcano South

Volcano South

OG Boxers never die

• Gold Member
  • 2,475 posts

Chunk

Chunk

Medicine Mod

• Super Moderator
  • 10,930 posts

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

Scooterpilot

Scooterpilot

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
Let me say my heart goes out to anyone who has Trigeminal neuralgia. While growing up in the late 50's 60's, my father had TN. Back then they had a lot less information on the illness than they have today. I remember the drugs prescribed to my Dad and nothing worked for him unless it knocked him out. This went on for years, then someone, I don't recall who, recommended acupuncture. He went to three secessions and it didn't work but he still wanted to try a few more secession because he was getting nowhere with the MD's, especially since he had drastic surgery and had all the nerves in his face cut thinking that that would stop the pain and it didn't. He continued with the acupuncture. After the fourth secession the pain stopped for about two months and then he had another bout with TN. He immediately started a regular scheduled secession with his acupuncture. He never had another painful encounter with TN after that!

Regards,

Edited by Scooterpilot, 21 November 2009 - 10:48 PM.

Volcano South

Volcano South

OG Boxers never die

• Gold Member
  • 2,475 posts

Chunk

Chunk

Medicine Mod

• Super Moderator
  • 10,930 posts

Volcano South

Volcano South

OG Boxers never die

• Gold Member
  • 2,475 posts

Volcano South

Volcano South

OG Boxers never die

• Gold Member
  • 2,475 posts

VB_Toker

VB_Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 512 posts
crazy that i found a thread about this.

my mom actually suffers from this.she cant even chew or anything.it really is sad to see her in so much pain.the once lively woman she once was has turned into a woman who is in bed all the time listening to soothing music.oo and doped up on nerve blockers. we live in texas an wouldnt you know it our state is to ignorant to pass a medical marijauana bill.

can i sue the state over this?

Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Very Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 11,336 posts
I ran " trigeminal" through my new list and came up with these-

Anandamide Is Able to Inhibit Trigeminal Neurons Using an in Vivo Model of Trigeminovascular-Mediated Nociception (full - 2004)
Anandamide Is Able to Inhibit Trigeminal Neurons Using an in Vivo Model of Trigeminovascular-Mediated Nociception

Cannabinoid (CB1) Receptor Activation Inhibits Trigeminovascular Neurons
(full - 2006)
Cannabinoid (CB1) Receptor Activation Inhibits Trigeminovascular Neurons

Anandamide (an endocannabinoid your body makes) and THC both activate the CB1 receptors. They can do the same "jobs". Nociception just means pain.

Hope that helps-

Granny :wave:

Old2Soon

Old2Soon

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I need to find a strain (or different strains) which can help me with chronic neuropathic pain...?

All advice is welcome...

Volcano South

Volcano South

OG Boxers never die

• Gold Member
  • 2,475 posts

Old2Soon

Old2Soon

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The MVD operation was OK. It was the best option for me, and has helped me stop taking the Tegretol, Lyrica and Tylenol III pharmaceuticals prescribed by my neurologist. I could not function on the pills. I am still getting breakthrough TN flares when I am overactive and get heated-up, but that's to be expected.

If you're healthy and your Doctors are recommending the MVD surgery, then it's worth thinking about - and do everything you can to get off the pharmaceuticals.

Volcano South

Volcano South

OG Boxers never die

• Gold Member
  • 2,475 posts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users