Plant abuse chart

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by woody, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Hey SmknVTEC,

If you don't mind i'll take the chart in word format (either 2003 or 2007, i don't care)...

Thanks a lot,

skaos

2. link doesnt work

3. I have been reading the last hour trying to figure out what was wrong with my sick plants also and after finding the link to the other site I found what was wrong with my plants....Thrips...I hate Thrips......lol! well at least I know what to do to fix them now. That in itself is a major relief as all 24 have them....

4. The link in the 1st post is no good, Should be unsticked imo.

5. Hey bud, you are absolutely correct. Thanks for pointing that out. Plus rep. I have now updated the link in the first post with two great ones.

6. Very good all inclusive problem-solving guide, I work at a nursery so i picked a couple pest tips:

-first thing, get a hand lens- they an be found at rock shops but usually local jewelers have a good source, these are essential to finding pests, they usu cost around $20 but can cost up to $100 for high end
    -always survey multiple plants-unless you see symptoms on a plant and can single it out pests will always look for an alternative source of food so always double check
    -Undersides of leaves-many pests are photophobic and prefer the soft fleshy undersides of leaves so always flip fan leaves over to check for pests
    -Going green-even if you're not going organic on your fertilizer you don't want to use a systemic insecticide, there are organic alternatives for almost all pest problems
    -Visit your local nursery-More than anyone can tell you here, all pests and diseases are different wherever you go, local nurseries not only know local weather conditions and pests but there may even be somebody that is knowledgable about indoor growing (old ladies have even come in asking about their 'indoor tomatoes')
    -Educate yourself-growing acres of marijuana (or even reading everything on the internet) won't bring you all the necessary knowledge unless you understand the basics of all plant growth and development

and best of all have fun!

(PS first post so feedback would be nice, thx!)

7. ummm..... yyyyyyyea... pretty sure that you shouldnt be growing anything that doesnt come out of a chia box. if you are STILL asking if that plant is weed or not, well then... idk. just wear your helmet and try not to lick the windows thats disgusting

8. Looks like some potent grass you got growing there. You just made my night man!

9. LOL!!!!!!!! i was seriously looking at this...then i saw this can honestly say i wasnt expecting it

10. stop smoking weed now.

11. hahaha totally hope he wasnt serious!!
    thats like posting a pic of a pinetree and being like
    well i was planning on growing some trees but not like this! =D

12. yeh i got that strain haha

13. helpfull

14. ok im having some yellow, white leafs, the chart sed that was normal for budding. BUT why are all of the steams turning red the main lead is green with red sripes on it. Is this normal or did i do some thing wrong. A few weeks a go i noticed the was some root rot so i got that SM-90 cleand it right up. would ther still b some root rot afecting the plant still. Im useing a Hydro system with a spout, the roots right next to the spout are great and healthy, the roots on the outher side dont get as much water and still look kinda sick. BUT THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THE RED STEMS I HAVENT SEEN ENY RED STEMS MY HOLE POT SOMEKING LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO IS THIS NORMAL OR DO I HAVE A RILLT RAER PLANT. :mad: the steams are this red:mad:

15. thank you so much for the links... good information. we transplanted our aerogarden babys on sunday into a 8 qrt tub. feeding them fox farm nutes. i have 2 120watt cfls. nothing major. they look better already. im goina give it a few days and post some pics. hopefully we are over our first hurdle.

16. i have 2 plants both i thought were female but i have found the odd ball here and there on both. the bud development so far has been good and they are in their 4th week of flowering. i seen 1 ball behind a bud and tried to pick it out but in the process, it cracked open and alot of dust fell out onto lower buds that looked cream in colour. is that pollen? and is that enough to ruin my yeild of good bud? the fan wasnt blowing at the time so it may not have despersed well. is it too late for pollen to take any effect seeing as they are in their 4th week of flower. im worrying here on what to do. please help me out lads nd lassies please

17. If dust fell out it sounds like pollen. Any pics? Hopefully it did not pollinate the others but if it was balls on a female then its hermie and not great for smoking anyway.