Technique to not cough no matter how hard u hit

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Tokernaut, Nov 3, 2009.

1. OK, I just discovered this when i was high(when i discover most things), there is a way to smoke weed from a one hitter and never cough!!!!

A one hitter, a pipe, or a joint/blunt are best for this technique because you dont have to waste so much lung power trying to get the smoke in your lungs.
    This is the Technique...
    When you hit, dont use your lungs first, breath in until you feel the smoke enter your throat. Then continue the hit, but with your mouth, not lungs, like a hit from a black and mild...

Then when you have smoke in your throat and cheeks, breath in through your nose without inhaling the smoke in your cheeks, like your holding water in your mouth. Then breath out through your nose, breath in, and this time let some of the smoke in your cheeks enter go in your throat while you breath in. Breath out through your nose, then finally breath the rest of the smoke by just breathing in through your mouth, and there you go, a perfectly efficient hit, without any wasted smoke!

if anyone has any other cool techniques, please feel free to share...:smoking::smoking::smoking:

2. Or just take a hit and breathe air in afterwards so your lungs have some oxygen in them as well as marijuana smoke. You'll still cough if the buds are good enough though.

3. or just man up and don't cough at all.

4. Thats what i usually do too.

5. Coughing has absolutely nothing to do with how good the weed is. That's a common misconception... but I don't understand why because it doesn't make any sense. In fact, the best grown buds hit smooth and sweet.

6. Lol, anyone remember those listerine pocket paks? Take one of those, let it dissolve. It will coat your throat and make hits a lot less harsher.

7. Damn man that seems pretty complicated. I reckon the way to not cough is to know when your lungs can't take any more.. coz there has to be a point.

8. suck it up and take it like a man... literally :S

9. i dont know if your right about that.... it always seemed that the better the bud the more cough and im not retarded so the placebo effect isnt the cause

10. I am right about it. How harsh the smoke is has to do with the dry/cure process. The harshness of the smoke and its ability to irritate your lungs is what makes you cough. The percentage of THC in the bud is what determines how high you get. The two are unrelated.

And everyone is susceptible to the placebo effect... not just retards.

11. i feel like with this method you just keep the smoke in your mouth for too long. i prefer to hit it regularly and then hold it til i cant anymore. if i cough, i cough and thats all part of the experience. if im somewhere that i shouldnt be coughing too loud then i just muffle it with a towel. i feel like with chambering it in your mouth you would lose a lot of the thc on the walls of your mouth. sinsemillaplease is right about the thc content having nothing to do with coughing. you cough because of improper dries/cures, and having too much smoke/not enough oxygen. except for the strain strawberry cough, then youre almost guaranteed to cough at least once during the bowl. but it tastes like strawberries so its awesome.

12. i never cough...smoke more weed youll get the hang of it

13. I used to always cough when i hit my illadelph :/, honestly smoking out of that piece made my throat immune to coughing

14. This^^ The placebo effect works on everyone

Good bud shouldn't make you cough. Just take smaller hits if you're coughing, no need to think up crazy methods not to cough.

15. Seriously how does that even make any sense rofl why would good weed make you cough hahahaha

16. perfectly said yawbus :hello:

17. I hardly ever cough.

No mater the weed. no mater the hit. I jst dont cough unless its really stale or nasty weed.

but the stronger the strain of weed though. Ill sneeze.

Also if you know how to inhale correctly. you wont really ever cough. Its all one motion. Dont put all smoke into your mouth and then inhale that will cause you too cough. Just inhale when you hit. then when you clear. take a inhale of air to follow the smoke.

18. the better the weed usually the harder i hit it and the bigger hit i take, and i usually kill myself on giant milk rips.

but really if you don't want to cough, start drinking a lot of water, and when you hit any piece, sit up straight. that way your lungs work at full capacity.

19. I agree with Ducky-- I actually only cough when I suck into my mouth and then inhale (aka when I am not paying attention) but when you inhale straight through to your lungs- its almost like a slow stream rather then a mack truck... ya know? Plus then you can feel when your lungs have had to much.

But then again getting high wouldn't be nearly as fun if you didn't think of random things like this topic while stoned :) IF your high and you think you wouldn't cough as much if you stand on your head and beat a bongo while doing a GB - well thats just part of the fun of having awesome stoner insight... :)

20. well its kinda stupid to say dont cough, i mean ya it sucks sometimes when your rippin some good buds and you have a coughing attack but you get much more high when you cough. it opens up the vessels in the lungs much more allowing more surface area for thc to hit