g13 gigabud, max efficiency grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bennyweed, Oct 31, 2009.

1. #1 bennyweed, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
    Hey whats up GC?

Its been a little while since I poked my head in here. As the the title explains, I plan on growing just one feminized g13 gigabud in a DWC bucket but I am going to use low wattage. I.E. for veg I only plan on using 64watt floras and for flower I will be using noting but LED.

Before you post and tell me LEDs suck and that I should use HPS just remember that I usually grow with a 600w HPS cooltube but frankly this time around I dont want to have to worry about heat, lights leaks, huge power bills. Although I roughly generate 1.5lbs with that set up, this operation just does not call for all that. I'm more interested in efficiency and am really curious what I can produce with LEDs.

So on to the details. I will be using GH floraseries nutes, along with some shit from advanced nutrients, fox farm, superthrive, fulvic acid and possibly a few other things I think. Right now I have the little girl sprouted sitting under one t8 2700k flora and one t8 6500k flora equaling 64watts total. I think i will veg for 30 days or so but at day 15 I will be hanging my screen to scorg this this little lady. Once flower season comes along I will ditch the floras and hang one 126w LED panel. Start to finish, with all the research I've done on my LED light I anticipate 120 grams. Laugh if you want but I am no "newb" and know my way around mary-J quite well. Watch if you like, post if you want. This journal is primarily for my own documentation and progress.

This solo pic is of day 2 for the lil sprout. Let the fun begin shall we?

Attached Files:

2. Put something lightproof around that bucket, the orange is transparent and will cause algae alot quicker than something lightproofed.

Should be fun, what company you get your led from?

3. #3 bennyweed, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
    Hey thanks fellow GC member! Im already on top of the bucket issue or already aware I guess you can say. I'm just waiting for a black bucket to be freed up. The orange is only temporary but thanks anyways.

Oh ya, the light is from hydro-grow-led.

4. #4 bennyweed, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
    Just a quick update. I swapped out my floras for a more powerful, more efficient CFL. It's 68w @ 6500k and emitts 5000k lumens. I made a hood for it out of some white card bored, not to bad?

Day 4

Just added some Mycorrhiza, Tricoderma, and bacillus to the reservoir with a smidge of molasses to keep it all fed. I should see some huge root growth now.

Attached Files:

5. Hey GC, not a whole lot to report, just the same old same old. Still waiting on my black bucket to free up but I'm keeping a keen eye for algae. Its super fast to change the resv. if need be. 3.5 gallons out, 3.5 gallons in and done. Oh ya I cant forget my 2% milk for the added calcium, no one likes a cal deficiency. ;)

Attached Files:

6. Yesterday was the first reservoir change. I filled with full veg strength nutes (1800ppm) and also topped the gigabud. Things will really start to pick up here. Just using GH 3 part with humic and fulvic acids. Going to veg to a good hight so I can get cuttings then I will flower this giga under a 126w LED light I bought not to long ago.

Attached Files:

7. #7 bennyweed, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
    Hey whats going on GC?

Well I left for a couple days and during that time frame I had a pH spike, go figure? I got a few twisty leafs as lesson but I locked it back in at 5.8 and now everything is back to norm.

The topping is taking really well as you can see with the two main shoots growing nicely.

I have a question regarding h2o2. I just ordered some FDA approved 35% h2o2 but I need some dilution ratios. From what I read, 1 ounce 35% and 11 ounces distilled water will give me 3% h2o2. I would like a reassurance before I actually mix it up and use it in my reservoir. Does anyone out there use 35% and if so do you have any tips? Thanks GC, later -benny

Attached Files:

8. Well I can not seem to get my Humic Acid dialed in. Maybe it is the genetics of this plant but when I add it to my DWC reservoir it clogs up my roots with a brownish film/paste. I flushed and am using only GH floraseries with h2o2. See if the roots come back to life.

...fucking humic acid :mad:

9. dude if you use 35% its an half ounce per gallon of water seems to work very well in bucket set ups dont try to clone with it there is a fine line of too much. if there is it won't allow roots to grow out of clipping!!!!