Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Theory of General Lighter Circulation

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bajablast, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Haha I used to have a lighter graveyard in my room, I had atleast 40-50 dead lighters until i moved out.

2. My lighters are wrapped in hempwick so its pretty obvious when someone takes them (no one else I know uses it).

3. Haha me and my friends always pocket eachothers lighters by accident. Now if someone's missing their lighter after a bowl they tell everyone to check their pockets and it usually comes up.

4. OMG Butane Britches almost struck again!

Nevertheless I stopped him with my 420 powers.

...almost lost my lighter but found it across the room. how did it get there? i just used it not 2 minutes ago and im home alone.

Butane britches, consider your plan FOILED!

I'm high :bongin:

5. I got tired of this problem so I got one of those "lighter leashes"

here's a pic.
    [​IMG]

now i never have to worry about swoopage again!

6. I'd like to see a website similar to "where's George" Where poor stoners can track where their lighter went...

Who knows? One day you could have a brand new bic, and a week later see that your lighter is in Bulgaria being used by a fellow stoner...

This could be a fun idea!

7. Haha love this kind of humor. Man but think about it, dont lighters run out of fluid, so arent you going to have to be re buying htem again anyways?

8. OP here. This is brilliant. I almost guarantee there are lighters that've traversed the span of entire continents, jumped oceans, and perhaps even changed hands so often that, should it be possible to gain a consolidated list of where and how they've been used, half this forum would be looking at legal troubles.

And that's to say nothing of the hunch that I think we all have itching the back of our minds, merely waiting to be voiced: Lighters pop in and out of existence in a very literal sense. Think about Electrons and quantum theory, here. Also, I'm pretty sure something like the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, which states that you can know the location of an electron OR its speed, but not both at the same time, can be modified to fit into the Theory of General Lighter Circulation. I'll be thinking about that one, and how to adapt it.

Anyway, anyone here have the know-how (and ambition) to begin work on perhaps the most important stoner website to come along since GC? A website able to track the trends, the various ebbs and flows of lighters, and the very real possibility that lighters are swallowed up in a void, a universal eddy, if you will, would certainly shed some light on the conundrum.

9. Dude it is an accident no one ever means to steal lighters it just happens I know I do it and I know it happens to me.

10. I have never bought a lighter in my life, but yet I always have at least 3, and I have been toking for almost 16 years...

11. I never gain any lighters i always lose them to people lol Or mostly tend to leave them in stupid places n forget about them... jean pockets, window ledges, all over my car and even around my PC

I always have my Zippo with me though :smoke: ALWAYS!!! haha

12. My smoking buddy in California has room gnomes that like to steal her lighters and cannabis. I think some of them came with me when I moved cause I don't really leave my apartment to smoke so theres no way anyone is stealing my lighters... Yet they are gone, Our room gnomes refuse to steal anything but the bics we have ( we have dollar store shitty lighters and about 30 of them) I have about five of twenty bics left... DAMN YOU ROOM GNOMES! And Butane Britches and Nicotine Knickers both don't like me either when I'm out and about lol...

13. just was talking about this with a friend of mine...
    crazy...
    this is a pandemic amongst herb smokers...
    ive done it,
    you've done it...
    think if u put a tiny camera on these lighters...
    the places u'd see...
    the conversations you'd hear...
    i think im getting a movie concept...
    sumbody should direct it, and donate the proceeds to GC:hello:
    starting now,,,

14. #34 ghou1ie, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
    you would have to mark each lighter with the name of the website and identify it as its bar code on the website. then when people see the name of the site they will get online, type in the bar code and add where the new location and see where it came from.

EDIT: and also it would be cool to add info on the color or design or maybe even pics.
    (Copyright ghou1ie)

15. I have a cat that steals my lighters because he likes to play with them by hitting them around on the floor.

16. Besides my idea for the website, I think it might be a good idea to write to the producers of NUMB3RS with an episode idea...

17. while i was staying at a house in south dakota me and a few of the guys that lived there had an ongoing lighter war with each other. basically the rule is to some how snag the lighter from someone but if you get called out on it you have to give the lighter back and the only thing that could be stolen were bics, were not about to steal someones fancy zippo or anything. the entire competition lasted maybe a year.

i think at the most i had around 120 lighters in my collection, then that bastard room mate snuck into my room and found them all and hid them.

i got him back by finding his stash out in an old washing machine out in the garage and sat there every day and smoked weed until i broke all the wheels off every single lighter.

18. Fuck ya man i always buy lighters and im always in the situation where i need one and dont have one. ITs funny cuz i bic people alot too when im high

19. it was recently discovered that among all the planet systems suporting tree people, strange aliens, and super inteligent shades of the color blue...

there is a planet completly given over to the development of lighter lifeforms
    and it is to this planet, through black holes and rips in the space time continuum, that all lighters slowly make there way.

a thumbs up for you if you know where i plagiarized like half of that from :smoke:

20. Hitchhiker's Guide, of course.