Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Theory of General Lighter Circulation

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bajablast, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Okay, so tonight, with a group of friends, I get stoned as hell. I come home, chill for awhile, and check up on some good old GrassCity. I have a moment of supreme insight as I reach into my pocket and, lo and behold, find a lighter which was certainly not in my possession a couple of hours ago. It's pink.

Anyway, I start thinking of how I ended up with this lighter, and then I start thinking of just how many lighters I have both gained and lost throughout my years as a stoner. Both numbers, I realize, are astronomical. But certainly, the number lost has been higher than the number gained. This is easily demonstrable by the fact that I've had to purchase tens of lighters in the past year or so, at least.

Lighters come, lighters go. It's the general ebb and flow of the circulation among stoner groups. It's inevitable: like some immutable law of physics. There are times even where I've gained and lost the same lighter on perhaps as many as two or three separate occasions. This in itself is interesting. But no less interesting is the previously raised point that I, and all the stoners, and cig smokers for that matter, have certainly lost more lighters than we've gained.

So where are they going? Is there some void sucking them in once we reach a certain herb induced height? Is there a government, or corporate, conspiracy going on? Don't give me some bullshit about lighter fluid running out inevitably, or something like that. Fuck that, I was some real answers. Fellow stoners, the disappearance of lighters, through act of God or act of man, must be solved, and their general circulation studied, in order that we might glean some bit of understanding of this phenomena which affects each and every one of our lives.

Thank you.

2. #2 -ph7, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
    Lighter collectors.

They're everywhere; stoners who love to steel lighters and keep them in a collection. They're pretty sneaky about it. I'm sure you've seen some off the armatures trying to pass of the "Hey if you don't ask for it back, it goes in my pocket".

Check around your group, there is at least one person who has 50 lighters under they're bed in a shoe box, with name tags and date stamps on their lighters. The really bad ones probably have a separate, air tight lock box box for the 'white lighters'.

3. That is so funny you post this thread!
    My BFF and I were just discussing this on the phone not long ago....I am always loosing and buying lighters. If I purchase a 100 lighters, it is likely that 10 of them will be accounted for when it is all said and done! I am terrible...I loose lighters and get them stolen.

On a side note, Julie (my BFF) and I mail each other specific lighters back and forth so they can "attend" different sessions, and we will eventually see who can keep track of these specific lighters. Sounds strange, but it is fun because we mail each other "goodies" all the time, and it is cute to see which lighter is getting "passed" back my way!

:D

4. I have a friend who is a magnet for lighters. He doesn't mean to take them, but he gets stoned and bam! they're in his possession forever.

We don't pass lighters anymore. We all have our own. : D

5. ever have it where you go out with no lighters and come back with loads like not even meaning too.

its just natural reactions you light a j or bong or whatever and the lighter just finds its way into your pocket.

6. Ever have it where you go out with loads of lighters and come back with no lighters like not even meaning too? Sometimes the above happens to me and I gain lighters, but as the OP said, most of my lighters vanish into the mysterious revolution of the lighter circulation. And yes, I have had the same lighter disappear and reappear several times. Friends grab it and then return it afterwards. (i have nice friends lol).

7. LMAO my group of friends and myself are all stoners. And we always play "Bic" where its legal to steal lighters. Well, my friend, Byrd, is the champion at this game and only after a year of playing has 2 3/4 of five gallon buckets full of lighters, and even has a little lock box for his white lighters. A few weeks ago, me and reece scored big becuase we found one of his stashs. Counted it all out and it came to 216 bics and like 27 clear lighters and 11 clippers.

8. WTF? I don't get it tho, do you steal when smoking or not smoking?

9. This is why dollar store lighters come in handy.. but now I know to always keep at least 3 lighters with me so I don't roll up a blunt only to have nothing to light it with!

Lighters give life.. it's true

10. thats exactly why i stopped letting people use my lighter.

i now cut the upc off my bics, and hold onto em for my own use only.

if im in a circle, i use my lighter, you guys can use your own.

ive had too many stolen from me, so now i avoid it all together by not sharing.

11. Dude... are you serious?

You've never heard of Butane Britches? He's the lighter troll, he lives in every stoners pockets and if you ever smoke marijuana he eats your lighter. Duh.. (and if you ever smoke cigs... you better watch out for Nicotine Knickers).

12. Its kinda weird for me, I always lose my lighters but during a session and them find them later on, either in my pocket or in some inconspicous place.
    My mate cleaned out his car the other week and found about a dozen lighters and a box of matches down the back seat haha.

13. i won't lie.. i have like 10 lighters lying around my house. None of which were purchased by me :eek:

friends know when they let me use a lighter they'll never see it again.. yet they still do it.. suckers!

14. funny thing is i checked the jacket i was wearing last night and boom theres a lighter
    i wonder who's it is...

15. hahaha, this is the best thread man. respect

16. In my time of being a stoner I've had lighters come and go like many here on this thread. One day I bought one of those bic lighters that have your birth symbol on it (in my case, cancer) I bought to conduct an experiment to see how long I could hold on to it. That was the only lighter I have ever used up all the fluid in, it actually just ran out. I was stunned, even my friends would say "damn dood you've had that lighter forever throw it away." I probably had it for a good 4 or 5 months. Even though I would lose it sometimes it always found it's way back.

17. I publicly challenge Byrd to a duel. Pistols at dawn and he better bring his own fucking pistol!

I am the undisputed king of stealing Bic lighters. I can steal someone's lighter and not only will they not know it, I won't even know. My friends hate me and if anyone within a 20 mile radius is lacking a spark they call me and accuse me of nicking their torch.

I've taken to marking my Bics. I'll slash them several times with a knife or scissors so that when I hold it I can feel the ridges. The theory is that if I don't feel the ridges I'll know it ain't mine and (subconsciously) won't pocket it. It hasn't worked very well so far.

18. Those three lighters in the attached picture lasted me about 6 months, i just kept refilling them over and over, friends and people i'd smoke with would always comment about it and how they where bad ass lighters and its crazy i've had them for so long....

Well one day i can't recall, all three of them up and left, now i have zero refillable lighters and i've been mourning their loss ever since. Gone without a trace. :mad:

Attached Files:

19. i tought of a good trick for the car.
    when a lighter is almost out. enough to use again several times, i put in in the pocket behind the passengers seat.
    if im ever w.o a lighter i dont even remember about that lighter being in there but i ill look around the car and thats somewhere i look.
    such a great feeling finding that lighter

20. we might have the same friend hah.. he has box of hundereds of lighters now so all i have to do is go over to his apt and get them back