Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To All Apprentices: No Bowl? No Papers? No Bong? EASY SOLUTION!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by neff, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Not smart. Tin foil is bad to smoke.

2. not really. it doesnt actually burn/melt nor does it give you alzheimers

3. I see no water.

SO ITS NOT A BONG!

Bong means water. Pipe has no water. So PLEASE DONT LIE TO US!

4. looks like an apple pipe to me, it doesnt run through any water filtration so I don't see why you call it a bong.

5. It gets heated enough to give off the chemicals and small tin shards.

6. i dont think theres any evidence to suggest that. but we are getting off topic.

i was actually a fan of the potato as well. its drier than an apple with similar consistency

7. Tastes like shit though :smoking:

For the bowl couldn't you just use a pipe screen? Or like a water hose filter or something?

8. A small piece of aluminum foil works great for a screen, easily molded and a push pin or paper clip makes good enough holes.

I know there are some nay sayers who hark on foil as being bad for you, but it's never bothered me in my 30+ years of smoking, and I've used straight aluminum cans before, works fine.

Juicy fruits work well too, I prefer a lime - great flavor as long as you squeeze the juice out after cutting your holes. I worked in kitchens for many many years, we smoked out of anything we could carve when there were no papers around.

Another useful substitute for papers is tampon wrappers. I forgot to smuggle some papers on vacation once (but not the weed!), the tampon wraps worked amazingly well. And no the tampons weren't mine.

9. I LOVE USING APPLE PIPES! there the best when you dont have anything else. really, the water bottle bong just takes too long for me, and its too picky, you have to make sure no other air is coming in through the hole where the downstem goes...its too much work. this one, you need two holes, and ive used a pear before too. yumm.

:love:

10. that's a pretty good idea. +rep for keeping ash out of my mouth:smoke:

11. Ive smoked out of an an apple PIPE a few times, I have no idea why this is called a bong, and no that has never happenned. How would the risk of the bud falling through be different than a traditional piece with no screen anyway? Also, I guess some apprentice tokers wouldnt know about this apple method, but wouldnt there friends tell them early on?

12. I usally like to add a carb aswell. Pretty easy, just make another hole but 90degrees in another direction.

13. I have no clue why it's called a bong, but thats how I've always heard it named.

14. I think carbs are over-rated, its just something extra to think about. If Im getting THC rich smoke into my lungs, Im happy. Yeah on actual bongs its necessary of course (unless there is a slider which I prefer over a carb anyway), but on pipes no, not necessary. And regardless of what title is given to the object described by the OP, for all intents and purposes, its a pipe

Well, you are the first person I have ever heard refer to it as a bong, ive always heard it referred as a pipe. Apple pipes arent like super popular, so me and my stoner friends have probably only talked about it on a limited basis, so maybe only 7-10 times or so in my life has it been discussed but every time it was pipe, and those 7-10 times was not one person, probably like 3-5 of my friends.

15. The technique I have seen uses a soda can and a paper clip or some sort of stabbing device to perforate the can.

take an empty soda can, crush in one side of it to make a bowl for the weed, take the paper clip and poke a few holes in the bowl, make a carb, use the can's mouth piece to draw.

16. Man this is what i took my first hit out of. I like to put a socket in there.

17. This is a great idea which I can attest to. Just be careful not to burn your eyebrows when smoking it. :eek:
    That's why I usually put a straw in the hole you inhale through.

18. I was just speculating as to why some people might call it a bong... Definitely a pipe if you ask me.

19. I normally use the stem of the apple to form a screen in the bowl area. Just cut it in half then criss cross it over the hole and weed won't fall down.

20. Just shave off a little bit of the peel from the sides and put it in the hole then it mill work perfect