The Scrog Method

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by greenmonster714, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Here's how I scrog my plants. on day 3 of flower, 8x8 canopy GEDC0379.JPG

2. Gonna be trying a scrog this time around and was wondering if something like this would work?..I'm using a 4x2x5 tent

the Chivon

Attached Files:

3. #743 SmokeE bear, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398325275.993672.jpg

[​IMG]
    I'm using chicken wire.

✌️Friends

4. I don't think the holes are big enough...you want like 2" x 2" squares...I used weed Wacker string when I did mine

5. #745 GreenHackTM, Apr 24, 2014

Unfortunately, no that won't work for a couple reasons

First main reason is the holes are too small

Second is it's flimsy and won't be able to support the weight of the buds.

It's a nice idea but you are almost better of making your own with PBC piping like done above ^^^^^

-------------------------
    All of my advice comes from years of farming and green housing experience.

I'm a hacker, I'm a grower, I'm a stunt man. Live your life :)

6. #746 Cogni, Apr 24, 2014
    Thanx for you response green hack.....and i see what you mean about 2" holes....these are anywhere from 1 1/8 - 1 1/2 sqs/diamonds so too small for light too penetrate the area needed right? ......and the mounting wouldnt really be an issue since there is four posts on the inside of my tent and could just tighten and tie it with zip ties on all four coroners and the side middles points...the reason i don't want to use pvc pipe is the limited space I'm already working with.

7. #747 GirlsInTheCloset, Apr 24, 2014
    You're much better off biting the bullet and stringing one yourself. 3/4" PVC won't take up hardly any room, and you can build a screen for under $30. The plastic stuff will work, but you'll be kicking yourself all the way through. The squares are hard vs a string weave... that means instead of flexing the screen to move the plant you have to flex the plant to get around the screen. This WILL result in broken tops/branches and unnecessary aggravation.
    Spend ~$30 and 3 hours building one. It's WAAAAAY worth it!!! And you can still zip tie it to the sides. :)
    Good luck blade!

8. Hey guys, I'm doing my first pc grow using the scrog method. I just switched over to 12/12 photo period 2 or 3 days ago, and one of my plants is just about to grow through the screen. Can anyone here advise how far into flowering it's safe to train my girls through the screen before it becomes unadviseable? Thanks in advance!

9. You can move branches anytime they poke through the screen more than a few inches. Its a pretty flexible plant.

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Awesome post man! All this is new to me. Cannabis is a truly amazing plant!

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405454811.351675.jpg Home Depot $17 36x48

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. haven't even finished it man but gotta say awesome freakin thread

13. Saved for reference

14. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406077916.795141.jpg

✌️Celebration

15. Can I scrog in a 2x6x8 closet with indicas and sativas under a 400w light?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. #757 jzyjack, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    1st scrog attempt. Getting ready to switch to 12/12. 4 white lsd and 2 white rhino. 52 days old. 3 x 3 250 hps ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407354554.895023.jpg any tips? How's it look?

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things

18. Hahah Not sure what happened there...but this was my post :)

Hey man, great info here. Really answered a lot of questions I had about this method. I was wondering if you could help me out with a problem a buddy of mine is having. He has two separate rooms for veg/flower but wants to scrog. Obviously it would be difficult to set up a screen in one room and have to move it with multiple plants underneath it to another room. Is it possible to set up the girls in the flower room, put them thru their screen, but keep the cycle at 18/6 for another week or so before flipping to 12/12? Or would it be too late by then to efficiently scrog? They will be around 6-7th week of veg at this time.

If anyone could help answer this, it would be greatly appreciated :)

19. Do you continue to pull growth under the scrog during flower. Or do you just let it grow upwards