The Scrog Method

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by greenmonster714, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Im thinking of vegging one for about 6 months..

2. Ok I'm gonna do a first time scrog with 2 unknown strains I had. I have a 3x3x5 grow space with three diffrent light sources from 100 watt hps , 150 watt hps, and a 200 watt hps about 10" above canopy. There both 4 weeks old and about 10" tall. havnt givin them any nutes but am gonna slowly introduce them weethin the next. Just need some tips and advice on good ways to scrog and the best way to start LST with them. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Start a journal.. take pics.. give us a link :)

4. And also what would be the best setup in location that is, with my lights?Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Grasscity Forum mobile app

it would probably fill a room in that time hope ya have a big pot

6. 25 gallon smart pot

7. #727 SupaaBaked, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
    Thats plenty of space in a 25 gallon. Your roots would almost have 5 gallons a month to fill up. If you don't top it at 5-7 nodes it will get put of control. You should just scrog an 8x8 room and put the one plant in it. See how long it takes to fill er up lol. You would have to cut out sections to army crawl through. Shit would be epic.

8. Lmao.. if only I had room for that..lol... right now im in my 3x2x6 cabinet... but soon when j move.. its on like fuckin donkey kong

9. Thats like my space almost. How many plants do you have? I have two in a 2.5x6.5x6.

10. Just the one I got going in my journal.. my vanilla kush

11. #731 eharms325, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    Great post!!! I'm gonna attempt my first scrog, and this info is gonna help tons!! Thanks!!!

12. i've been using scrog on my last two grows and have noticed a huge difference in my ladies. Much easier to minipulate plants that have been topped. Can get branches seperated to get more even light.  I have also had problems in the past with buds breaking branches off or damaging plant from being to heavy, with a scrog i have never had that problem.  Great way to grow.

13. I want to scrog in my Pc case build. I'll be growing speed queen strain have a 1 gallon pot with 3 x 30watt cfl bulbs. I think having the screen 2/3 of the way up from pot to lights should be about right, does this sound OK? Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

14. Link..? I would love to follow ..

15. It's my understanding that you should do half way from your light because it's going to extend even further after you start a flower. At least that's what I'm doing because after extends I don't want to reach the light and then block most of the other Leaves from getting light.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. You can keep pulling them under the screen in flowering so really as long as you have enough room not to burn everything.

Matter of fact I do remember seeing pictures of almost only buds rising from some screens.

18. im for sure doing this this go around!!!!