Oath Keepers.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Oct 22, 2009.

1. #101 MountyBounty, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
    exactly my feelings man.... I began to stock up on my when SHTF gear during the economic meltdown during the fall of 08. It's always good to be prepared even if the probability of the worst event is slim. Having a Bug Out Bag (BOB) is just being smart.

Bug Out Bag

2. I think it's semi-paranoia; and I didn't say such paranoia was unwarranted.

I think it's a good thing that there are people that don't want to take people's guns away, round us up into little "camps", carry out warrant-less searches, break up peaceful protests, infringe upon our rights; etc.

I wish we could get the president to take this oath.

I also find it strange that the Southern Poverty Law Center & the Anti-Defamation League seem to have such a fear (some would say paranoia) of the "oath-keepers". don't the SPLC and ADL have more important things to work on? Oath-keepers are hardly the right-wing extremists that the ADL + SPLC seem to really want them to be.

3. idk what really the arguement is i'm blazed and sorry if i sound stupid but i read house to house searches and OOOHHH NO ;O im scared :[ lol need to get a mmj card >;]

4. Patriot Movement.

I like the sound of that. :bongin:

5. I agree with the SPLC on this one.

6. There's nothing wrong with the oath itself as far as right wing\left wing goes. It's more of the timing for me. Once again, it'd been nice had there been Oathkeepers at the RNC in 04. But aside from that, it's just kind of insulting to me to think that i'm not capable of living up to the values of the army (Or other armed forces) or the Oaths I took to become a soldier.

7. Isn't the expression "better late than never"? So, what if they were a couple years late? It's hard to believe that you're criticizing them for their lack of timing.

8. I believe more fitting would be too little, too late.

9. I can't imagine why you'd arrive at such an odd conclusion. Obviously they do think everyone is capable or else they wouldn't be reaching out to everyone, no? I mean... if they only thought a select few were capable, it'd be some kind of secret cool kids club, invite only... not nationally publicized. It seems to me like their primary point is to educate. Anyone can repeat the words of an oath, regardless of who they are or what the oath might be, but not everyone will necessarily understand the full scope and depth of those same words unless they make a conscious effort to do so, no?

10. i know this is an old thread but it's all i could find in relation to the Oath Keepers.
    apparently recently the united states government seized a baby girl because of her father's association with the Oath Keepers, which is being compared to an armed militia.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvZRM-P46rI]YouTube - Government Agents Seize Oath Keeper's New Born From Hospital[/ame]

11. Think this has more to do with the reasons her 2 other kids were taken off her and his little problem with rape and a 14 yr old girl..

12. links 2 info?

13. #113 Arteezy, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
    Que?

Her? You mean Stephanie Janvrin? I couldn't find any information on this in my quick google search.

14. AKA Stephanie Taylor...

15. Ha, so now I'm wondering why that guy left out those other seemingly important details (his past sexual assault charge, his weapon charges, neglecting 2 other children she had)... My fault for trusting that guy on the phone. :eek:

16. seems a bit hazy but it definitely appears that there is more to the story. is this common practice amongst people who have had problems in the past? it would seem if that were the case then many more children would be taken into protective custody. after looking into the individual charges it looks like he has had a few problems with drugs, a concealed weapon and having consensual sex with a minor all about 5 years ago. i can't speak for the other children but it would appear there is a lot of "alleged" accusation going on here.

17. Yip we will have to wait for the full story here but...

If i was a social worker and looked at the couples files and then saw that they were having a baby i would have taken said baby too...

Lets be real here... She aint no Mary Poppins...;)

Kid comes first..
    Sort out the wrongs and rights afterwards..

18. #119 phyer, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014