Oath Keepers.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Appeal to engineers....? Wannabee engineers you mean? Are you an engineer? No self-respecting person with an engineering degree actually subscribes to the bullshit in PM. Most subscribe to websites that deal with real science and engineering... like these for example:

Plastics & Elastomers Solutions â€â€œ Omnexus â€â€œ Connect. Innovate. Accelerate

Online Materials Information Resource - MatWeb

Where to find MSDS on the Internet

And regardless, what relevance do engineering and/or mechanics have in a discussion about FEMA camps? The fact that PM even bothered to "debunk" this shows how little credibility they do have.

2. Yes what does a scientific magazine have to do with debunking pseudoscience and conspiracy presented as science and industry when it's really neither.

I mean are you an engineer? Do you believe in this crap?

Like I said, they were brought on to GLENN BECK, not exactly an Obama schill.

3. #43 TheDankery, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
    Yeah, UnbyJP is right. I'm saying that a von Bruun type is motivated by a bellicose ideology of racism, hate & antisemitism; these "Oath Keepers" only have paranoia in common with extremists.

In other words I think it is unfair to draw a comparison, like Matthews did; between the Oath Keepers and a von Bruun type because the only thing they have in common is a sense of general skepticism and distrust of the government. I'm drawing a distinction between distrust of government and outright violent hatred towards government. There is nothing which I find offensive about the "oath", while von Bruun was a raging antisemite.
    There is a wide chasm between the type of person who is a "Oath Keeper" and the kind of person who walks into a holocaust museum looking to kill people.

So I think Matthews is unfair in that comparison - he is comparing people who are skeptical about the government's actions to a murderous neo-nazi, ffs.

4. #44 Malenki, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
    Anyone else think gretta and chris matthews are the same person. Their voices sound exactly the same to me.

5. yeah and calling you the greatest person on earth is name calling as well.

if you really want to pick apart the rules then discussing moderator actions is against them as well as name calling.

personally i'd just prefer to discuss the topic and not nitpick.

all i said was that interview sounded like O'Reilly to me.. and it still does.

6. I just want to know where these "oath keepers" were five or six years ago?

I thought they were a non-partisan group.:rolleyes:

"If this were a dictatorship, It would be a heck of a lot easier -- so long as I'm the dictator." -- George W. Bush

I think when the leader of the group says, "“We say if the American people decide it's time for a revolution, we'll fight with you.” its boderline treason.

And when he says American people he means Glenn Beck.

These morons couldnt take over South Baltimore let alone the country.

7. Why would they take over anything? Do you even understand what their purpose is? No, you dont. You're talking out of your ass as usual.

Here is a pro-tip, there is a reason these people consist of police and national guard.

8. Is it so hard to understand that our freedoms are in much graver danger than 6 years ago?

What does partisanship have to do with defending the Consititution?

Pointless GWB quote.

Defending the citizens of The United States = treason? Isn't that what the military's sole purpose is?

Baseless Fox News slam.

Don't forget to slander our troops on your way out.

9. How is that treason? Also, do you not find it ironic that you're using the same tactics that neo-cons used during the Bush administration? Anyone you disagree with is committing 'treason'. You always say we live in a Democracy, but when a group of people has an agenda contrary to your own, you claim they're being seditious. Talk about hypocrisy. :hello:

Source?

Their point isn't to 'take over' anything, their goal is to stop following orders that violate YOUR and MY rights. You're buying Chris Matthew's bullshit--hook, line, and sinker. They're not a militia, it's an organization of military and police officers, who refuse to violate our rights. I'm sorry sir, but when you criticize an organization, it usually helps to understand what they're about. That way when you talk shit about them, it actually makes sense.:smoking:

10. Wouldn't the only act of treason in a free country be the restriction of freedom? :confused:

11. in a reasonable world, yes.

12. Not when you get your marching orders from Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann.

13. Where was the economic collapse of America 3 or 4 years ago? None of your experts saw it coming.

Martial law is a lot more probable today than it was 4 years ago, no? When there is another run on the banks and nobody can get their money and the entire system collapses... that's what martial law would be for.

The dude says Bush violated the constitution as well, its not like he denies that. The climate today is much different, thats all.

14. So you would rather they be complacent rightwingers that trample peaceful protestors and our Constitutional rights? I hope I get the privilege of being confronted by an "oath keeper" next time I'm smoking pot in a state that allows it, but I assume you would rather it be a state thug that would gladly take you down to jail...

What the hell is wrong with you?

It's a sad day in America when pledging to defend the Constitution is looked on as "paranoid".

15. If fact we first heard of the impending economic "crisis" about a month before the election if I recall.

Seven months after the porkulus bill 49 states have lost jobs and now the media reports job loss as no big deal. Thats 180 degrees off the way they reported it a little more than a year ago.

Ask yourselves if you are better of today than you were four years ago.

16. Did you get the feeling they were complaining about Democrats or Obama? Even Chris Matthews pointed out that their enemy is government, not one fake ideology or the other.

They had to establish themselves sometime... whether a Democrat or Republican in office at the time they do so says nothing of their political views. I guess according to your logic true nonpartisans form all their groups on inauguration day. :rolleyes: According to your logic all dissenting political groups formed when Republicans are in office are Democrats, and vice-versa. The fact that you would draw this conclusion is a testament to just how embedded in this two-party trickery you actually are. (or maybe it's embedded in you)

By the way, if you disagree with the Oath Keeper's platform you disagree with the Constitution.

17. by State Rep. Susan Lynn (TN-57th)

The following is a letter from Tennessee to the other 49 State Legislatures

We send greetings from the Tennessee General Assembly. On June 23, 2009, House Joint Resolution 108, the State Sovereignty Resolution, was signed by Governor Phil Bredesen. The Resolution created a committee which has as its charge to:
    • Communicate the resolution to the legislatures of the several states,
    • Assure them that this State continues in the same esteem of their friendship,
    • Call for a joint working group between the states to enumerate the abuses of authority by the federal government, and
    • Seek repeal of the assumption of powers and the imposed mandates.
    It is for those purposes that this letter addresses your honorable body.

In 1776, our founding fathers declared our freedom in the magnificent Declaration of Independence; our guide to governance. They established a nation of free and independent states. Declaring that the purpose of our political system is to secure for its citizens' their natural rights. The Constitution authorizes the national government to carry out seventeen enumerated powers in Article 1, Section 8 and the powers of several of the ensuing amendments.

At the time of the Constitutional ratification process James Madison drafted the “Virginia Plan” to give Congress general legislative authority and to empower the national judiciary to hear any case that might cause friction among the states, to give the congress a veto over state laws, to empower the national government to use the military against the states, and to eliminate the states' accustomed role in selecting members of Congress. Each one of these proposals was soundly defeated. In fact, Madison made many more attempts to authorize a national veto over state laws, and these were repeatedly defeated as well.

There are clear limits to the power of the federal government and clear realms of power for the states. However, the simple and clear expression of purpose, to secure our natural rights, has evolved into the modern expectation that the national government has an obligation to ensure our life, to create our liberty, and fund our pursuit of happiness.

The national government has become a complex system of programs whose purposes lie outside of the responsibilities of the enumerated powers and of securing our natural rights; programs that benefit some while others must pay.

Today, the federal government seeks to control the salaries of those employed by private business, to change the provisions of private of contracts, to nationalize banks, insurers and auto manufacturers, and to dictate to every person in the land what his or her medical choices will be.

Forcing property from employers to provide healthcare, legislating what individuals are and are not entitled to, and using the labor of some so that others can receive money that they did not earn goes far beyond securing natural rights, and the enumerated powers in the Constitution.

The role of our American government has been blurred, bent, and breached. The rights endowed to us by our creator must be restored.

To be sure, the People created the federal government to be their agent for certain enumerated purposes only. The Constitutional ratifying structure was created so it would be clear that it was the People, and not the States, that were doing the ratifying.

The Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal power as being that which has been delegated by the people to the federal government, and also that which is absolutely necessary to advancing those powers specifically enumerated in the Constitution of the United States. The rest is to be handled by the state governments, or locally, by the people themselves.

The Constitution does not include a congressional power to override state laws. It does not give the judicial branch unlimited jurisdiction over all matters. It does not provide Congress with the power to legislate over everything. This is verified by the simple fact that attempts to make these principles part of the Constitution were soundly rejected by its signers.

With this in mind, any federal attempt to legislate beyond the Constitutional limits of Congress' authority is a usurpation of state sovereignty - and unconstitutional.

Governments and political leaders are best held accountable to the will of the people when government is local. The people of a state know what is best for them; authorities, potentially thousands of miles away, governing their lives is opposed to the very notion of freedom.

We invite your state to join with us to form a joint working group between the states to enumerate the abuses of authority by the federal government and to seek repeal of the assumption of powers and the imposed mandates.

Susan Lynn [send her email] is a member of the Tennessee General Assembly; serving on the Commerce Committee and Chairman of the Government Operations committee. She holds a BS in economics and a minor in history. She is the Chairman of the American Legislative Exchange Council's Commerce Task Force.

18. Awesome!!! ;)

...has evolved into the modern expectation that the national government has an obligation to ensure our life, to create our liberty, and fund our pursuit of happiness.

19. From what? What is this grave threat that happened over night? What has changed since obama took power that caused all these groups and organizations to surge forward? once again, WHERE WERE THE OATHKEEPERS FOUR OR FIVE YEARS AGO?

What does the constitution need defending from right now? Is not every soldier sworn to uphold the constitution and serve the will of the American people?

Yeah I mean the guy only trounced all over civil liberties. But no body banned together until Obama took office. Suspecious. This reeks so hardcore of "They're gunna taake our guns an our jerbs!"

It's kinda treasonous to swear allegiance to another organization when you've pledged your life to upholding the values of the army. Well maybe not treasonous, maybe just treaturious. Or maybe not even that, maybe just pointless.

absolute, fox slams itself hard enough as is.

the only thing thats slandering our troops is the idea that the average joe grunt doesn't have enough integrity to do whats right to defend the american people. It's only part of the soldiers fuckin' creed.

20. Hell no i'm not, that's what eight years of bush has done to our country, but there were no oathkeepers then, no guardians of the republic when he was shitting all over our country and giving million dollar contracts to KBR.