Oath Keepers.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Oct 22, 2009.

1. #1 aaronman, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
    Supposedly a growing movement among active police and military is to declare yourself an "Oath Keeper", to defend the Old Republic of the United States.

These are the orders they will not obey:

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control.”

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

[​IMG]

Otherwise known as "Three percenters", the approximate number of colonists that stood up to the King.

Here's Chris Matthews doing his job, trying to discredit any dissent:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Li_CoNazI]YouTube - Chris Matthews Takes On Right Wing "Oath Keepers" Founder[/ame]

Is anyone else as frightened by obeying the Constitution and respecting state sovereignty as Chris Matthews?

2. wow....that was one of the most blatant propaganda pieces I've ever seen.

3. that was a very Bill O'Reilly like interview

4. I want to punch Chris Matthews in the face. He's so stupid and he argues like a 3rd grader.

5. He's totally "looney toony"! :laughing:

6. Matthews now seems astounded to imagine a tyrannical government under Obama when he played the opposite role under Bush.

He seems shocked that American citizens would actually want to protect freedom and Americanism.

Just pointing out that Matthews is another Jesuit, trained College of the Holy Cross alumni. :smoking:

[​IMG]

7. I think we should organize a press conference and invite all of these political talk show hosts so we can punch them all in the face in one fell swoop.

8. Fuck these Oath Keepers. Bunch of wingnut veterans who get together get ready against the" New World Order". House-to-house searches, concentration camps, foreign troops, etc.

Id like to see one of these morons stand up to the government like they say they would. Pissants.

9. #9 Dronetek, Oct 22, 2009
    I watched this last night and was blown away by Chris's obvious demonizing. You gotta love the qualifications he demands of all his right leaning guests, "do you beleive in evolution, global warming, god and Obama's legitimacy?". Also the way he ends every question with a pointed, "SIR...". I laughed at the "thrill up the leg" joke Stewart Rhodes through back at Matthews.

If you caught that fat jackass Shutlz tonight, he proclaimed, "I'm gonna kick Fox's ass!". [​IMG]

These people are law enforcement and military. What makes you think they haven't put their lives on the line?

Why do you feel so compelled to attack them? Why do they threaten you? They are there to protect you. Why are you and Matthews suddenly so ignorant of history and the warnings of out forefathers? As if we never have to worry about tyrannical government anymore, now that Obama is here.

10. See, I knew you hated the Constitution!

11. Uber-conditioning :p

12. Where were these people eight years ago? I dont need these nutjobs "protecting" me thank you very much.

Huh? Because im not a paranoid rightwinger that thinks my government wants to put me in a concentration camp?

13. [​IMG]

14. I don't get Rhodes' reference to the "Hessians", in his diatrabe against "foreign troops" on American soil. They weren't brought in by Washington, they were soldiers from seven German principalities, not just Hesse, on loan for the British - except for those who were captured, or deserted, and joined the Patriot cause. After Burgoyne's British and German armies were beaten at the Battle of Saratoga, France became an ally of the Americans. Many of the "Hessians" remained in the United States, some of them joining the Patriot side and others served in Washington's Army.

15. It was absolutely nothing like that.

16. #16 TheDankery, Oct 22, 2009
    ^ You don't see some similarities there? The yelling, the bloviating douchebaggery, the out-right ignoring of his guest's counter-points?

Matthews did everything except call "Oath Keepers" racist...actually, he probably did that in part 2 of the segment. They seem like a rather simple, fair group. I don't see anything objectionable about this group, beyond perhaps a little bit of paranoia.
    Rhodes was treated unfairly - what is with Matthews bringing up that horrible person who attacked the Holocaust museum earlier this year? I don't see why he was drawing a comparison there; unless it was some sort of odd way to de-legitimatize "Oath Keepers" and call them racist or anti-semitic or whatever.

17. Thoughts like these are an unfortunate side effect of lack of information.

18. yes! thank you. people do your research youll find these things arent far from the fucking truth. -Rex 84. -Operation Garden Plot. - Operation Cable Splicer.
    Think katrina and fema. the programs are ready for use

19. The only similarity is that Matthews can also be aggressive when he thinks that a guest is lying or misrepresenting the truth. However, to compare him to O'Reilly is terribly inaccurate. O'Reilly uses this tactic with every single person he disagrees with regardless of if they're lying. In this clip the guest had absolutely no counter-points whatsoever. In the lame internet parlance often used here, he was 'owned'.

Matthews did not call them racist, I saw the entire segment when it aired. Perhaps you shouldn't level baseless accusations without seeing the broadcast. This group is rather 'simple', but not fair in the least. This is the type of dangerous paranoia that motivated Timothy McVeigh and James W. von Brunn, and that is why Matthews made such comparisons. In the former case it is exactly the same type of thinking, irrational hatred towards the government.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you two are saying that FEMA concentration camps exist.

20. Are you kidding? Matthews was confrontational, and in that confrontation, he misrepresented the position of the Oath Keepers numerous times. He put words in the founders' mouth, and again, mistated his position on a number of issues. When he didn't get the response he wanted, he resorted to asking the founder arbitrary questions to find where his opinion was on other issues, in an attempt to assassinate his character.

He used the exact same tactics as O'Reilly does, but he was less condescending. Same function, slightly different form.